OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I've said a lot of things about these Kobes. for me the absolute classics
are the 4,5 and 6 and that I couldn't pick which I liked most. I just had this
epiphany last night.
Kobe 5s are the best overall HANDS DOWN.
comfort
lockdown and fit is unmatched up until today
casual appeal
colorways
now if the Kobe 8 can somehow replicate, if not, come close to the zk5's performance...
I'd be happy and will buy a Jazillion pairs.
The Kobe VIII looks promising.
I basically cosign most of what KobeOverBron says.... =)

:nerd:I've been balling in the VIs again and if the VIIIs can be like them and breathable I'm all for it. Would Lunarlon bottom out more quickly? That's my only concern with these...

Last edited:
as everyone's said...DAT SHAPE! happy the banana shape has gone by the wayside.

interested in my CWs. del sols aren't that inspiring...if that's what these will be called

Nike-Zoom-Kobe-VIII-8-Up-Close-Personal-15.jpg

This insole looks like it's going to be a problem. I couldn't wear last year's model because of those ridges around the edge. I had to return them after trying them on at home for the first time. I hate how the Kobe line has become a stupid gimmick because of the whole "system". Just make a shoe that doesn't cut people's feet.

There's a reason why all of these went straight to the sales rack last year Nike...:smh:

This insole looks like it's going to be a problem. I couldn't wear last year's model because of those ridges around the edge. I had to return them after trying them on at home for the first time. I hate how the Kobe line has become a stupid gimmick because of the whole "system". Just make a shoe that doesn't cut people's feet.
There's a reason why all of these went straight to the sales rack last year Nike...
mean.gif
i didnt buy the 7s because of the insoles. the insoles had a nasty curve on the inside of ones feet where the curve is at. it was so uncomfortable. these soles look normal compared to the 7's high arc. if these are comfy i will definitely be buying these. what colorway i have not clue yet.

I've said a lot of things about these Kobes. for me the absolute classics
are the 4,5 and 6 and that I couldn't pick which I liked most. I just had this
epiphany last night.
Kobe 5s are the best overall HANDS DOWN.
comfort
lockdown and fit is unmatched up until today
casual appeal
colorways
now if the Kobe 8 can somehow replicate, if not, come close to the zk5's performance...
I'd be happy and will buy a Jazillion pairs.
The Kobe VIII looks promising.

Gotta be the 4's for me. Something about the shoe.... Can't put my finger on it..... Just perfect.

i have been wearing kobes for basketball since kobe 1s till the 7s and i rolled my ankles only in kobe 4s and 1s.that's

twice in about 6 yrs of playing hoops..

i have any lebrons so i can comment on those.

what the hell... no christmas color planned?!
It's a QS most likely. It's best we wait for the first week of Dec for teasers...

There's a reason why all of these went straight to the sales rack last year Nike...:smh:
My only concern with the insole is... there's nothing our socks can stick to.
Meaning when you play in them, while you slip inside the shoe?

Gotta be the 4's for me. Something about the shoe.... Can't put my finger on it..... Just perfect.
Like I said, it was a threeway tie for me. 4,5,6... But recently,
I just realized the fit, cushioning, support and design is just
superior. IMO.

So I'd understand if people choose either of the three. They're all amazing.

I'd compare them to the Jordan XI, 3 and 6... They're all great and it's pretty hard to choose
which one's better (III for me).

I liked the patterns on the VII's, I just don't like the way they executed the colors with the patterns. Example, ID VII's with the Dart Frog pattern look waaaaaaayyy better than what we actually got.
I'm also curious to see if the same people who handled the colorways of the VII's are going to be doing the VIII's. So many uninspired colorways. The Kobe IV's and V's are the reason the KD's and Lebrons are getting like 50 colorways, now Nike is slacking on the Kobe line.

QFT and Repped!!

To me the Kobe IV's had the same amount of colorways that the KD IV's had.

Well I hoping ID can save that pattern a little. It doesn't seem bad, I guess I just fell in love with the VI and was hoping for more after the VII.

My only concern with the insole is... there's nothing our socks can stick to.
Meaning when you play in them, while you slip inside the shoe?

I think they will hold up very well if it's a durable sticky rubber, foam, whatever material it is. The raised scales add grip too i'd imagine. The standard insole liner that they usually come with would wear out and become slippery esp when your foot gets sweaty. Fit, comfort, and performance looks to be established, just needs to work on the aesthetics and colorways.

I can't wait for these because Finish Line is finally going to be carrying Kobe's again! Finally get to use my discount on them!!!

Are you people that are loving the shape of this shoe just wearing them for casual wear or what? Because the shape of that shoe looks like it would suck huge balls for basketball. Hopefully I'm wrong though and Kobe will give me a new shoe to play in.

how the hell does the shape of a shoe make it look like it'd suck for ball?

please elaborate...

Answers concerns about the upper patterns.

The pattern and speckled midsole and translucent outsole is all great. The colors aren't

eew those are disgusting more than the yellows. looks more like stained glass .

possible x'mas quickstrike uber limited right? :x

Last edited:
I have to see he finished product but they look promising. They need to ditch the yellow sole though.

Back
Top Bottom