OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The Del Sols were hated on before actual good pics leaked. My guess is lots of people will change their mind on these. I am looking forward to seeing the other colourways though. Hopefully a black/red!

Man, I've always loved the Kobe line, and I know they'll have some more solid colorways eventually...but I really can't get over any of this crazy patterned ****. Where the hell does Nike think we go to play ball? A forest? A church? Are we playing against some bears and priests and need yellow/black camo and stained glass on our feet to distract them? The **** is going on :smh: The Kobe line is starting to push the wrong kinda boundaries man :x

hands down the 6 model is still the best thts came out..PERIOD..esp on the performance level, bu these might be somehting to ball in forsure because last years were way to stiff and flat so i didnt even mess with those...Will see im def liking the materials and cut..

Agree the 6 was by far my favorite as far as design and CW's.

These do look like performance beasts though which is a big plus.

if you don't like them then pass...

Dead on. Thank you man. if you don't like em, keep it moving!

I really love them actually. I love all the Kobes with outrageous colorways and since I have the Grinches and Cheetahs, I was REALLY looking forward to these. I CANNOT WAIT.

Last edited:
those who brought up the church stain glass, all that comes to mind is the home alone scene 

so IMO it makes senses, liking the CW will be trying to snag a pair

so where's the reply from the dude claiming FNL would be carrying Kobe's?

I responded to you a couple pages back. I saw on the launch/release list at work a couple days ago Kobe 8 System. I'll try to snag a pic of it when I go in today.

Last edited:
I agree, the Xmas Cheetahs aren't bad either, but the best imo is the Nike ID 4's, kicking myself for not making one.

it's good to own both :pimp: :lol:

Not being a huge fan of the VI.. Chaos V >>

VIs were too wide and the upper wasn't durable enough.
Really? I think you can definitely make the case that the VI's upper is more durable than the V's, and the Vs are my favorite Kobe too. Only pair of Kobes I have where the upper has shown some wear/tear are my Dark Knight Vs, which have a slight tear, but everything else from the Is to the VIIs have been fine. In fact my only issue with the Vs is the flywire upper isn't totally as durable as I'd like, especially if you play in them

so where's the reply from the dude claiming FNL would be carrying Kobe's?

I'm having trouble uploading the pics, but on the Finish Line launch list, there is a Kobe 8 System set to launch 03/02/13. The official colorway is "dk atmctl/elctrc ylow-atmc".

Style number - 587551-373

Kobe vi is THE MOST DURABLE Kobe ever. zk1 had sole separation and the fit
will go sour as you wear it more. zk4 sucked durability wise.

zk6 are tanks.

I CANNNNNNNNNNNNNOT WAIT! I need those Xmas joints! too bad I already
sold my Chaos 5 and Xmas Leopard 7s. Only have my Grinches left. :frown:

Kobe VI's are tanks as mentioned, but my Kobe I's have held up for years through outdoor and indoor use. Besides them being obviously heavier than the newer lighter weight Kobe's, they're one of the best shoes I've ever worn to ball in. Haven't had any sole separation or fit issues after hundreds of wears and I'm a size 12.

The Kobe line has just been amazing as far as performance goes. I even liked the II's.

Kobe VI's are tanks as mentioned, but my Kobe I's have held up for years through outdoor and indoor use. Besides them being obviously heavier than the newer lighter weight Kobe's, they're one of the best shoes I've ever worn to ball in. Haven't had any sole separation or fit issues after hundreds of wears and I'm a size 12.

The Kobe line has just been amazing as far as performance goes. I even liked the II's.
I love my black/maize Is. Don't really play ball in them anymore, but they've held up very well over the years, and likewise, they've been among my favorite shoes to ever play in along with the 2K4s, Jordan XIIIs & XIVs, Kobe IV-VI, and couple others.

I responded to you a couple pages back. I saw on the launch/release list at work a couple days ago Kobe 8 System. I'll try to snag a pic of it when I go in today.

Are you sure man? I also work at Finishline too and I haven't seen a Kobe model on our stock list manifest? yet? I'll be surprised as hell if we did tho!!

Back
Top Bottom