OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

to everyone that was charged $150 for the xmas kobes at footlocker, footaction, champs or wherever, nikestore just tweeted to someone that there was a "last minute price change to $140" and said to go back to the store and get a refund for the difference.

Nice info but I'm too lazy to go back and argue for $10 lol

to everyone that was charged $150 for the xmas kobes at footlocker, footaction, champs or wherever, nikestore just tweeted to someone that there was a "last minute price change to $140" and said to go back to the store and get a refund for the difference.

Smooth of footlocker to also take off the MSRP tag on mine... Not sure if they did that everywhere

I bought mine out of state while on vacation.

Oh well

I'm so confused can someone explain to me why some soles are solid and some are translucent. I copped mine from hoh and my soles are translucent but I've seen a lot of solid soles.

Kickspotting Instagram was the first place I saw a solid sole.

Hello I am new here my names junior
Ive been checking out this site for a couple of Weeks now and I decide to pull the trigger and join.
But I went a week before release date to sign up to gurantee my pair and I soon as I picked them up 12/26 I put them right on

Welcome to the community and congrats on the cop!

I'm so confused can someone explain to me why some soles are solid and some are translucent. I copped mine from hoh and my soles are translucent but I've seen a lot of solid soles.
Kickspotting Instagram was the first place I saw a solid sole.

Solid XDR rubber is on the pairs overseas.

DID YOU ORDER YOUR PAIR THROUGH FOOTLOCKER THE MORNING ON 12/25! ?!?!?!?!??!!?

If so you are entitled to get your $8 shipping charge back. I noticed those weird remaining pairs on ftl.com had free shipping attached to it, so i called and they refunded it to me. just an FYI to those who did as well

So, I get a call from deadstock last night and wasn't home. Called back today. I mistakenly placed two orders, one for size 11 and one for size 12(my true size). Apparently the size 12 order went through and I cancelled the size 11.

This all after I get them on ebay for 260. Woof. 2 pairs on the way, debating to sell one.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas....
Montebello is out the way for me, unless I make you pick them up for me.... MMoreno.
HoH Lakewood seems like an option though.....
I want to try Cerritos FTL, but I despise giving my money to that location..
I've never had a cool person there, ever.
Maybe I'll give Buena Park a call today.....can't hurt to actually call before, right?

Ha it's a bit out of the way for me too. I just happened to be going in that direction the day I bought mine. But I'll make that trip for you if you hook it up with a pair of Kobe socks :tongue:

The pic speaks volumes to me. I interpret it as moving forward and embracing the new flagship nike basketball lines in lbj/kd/kobe. Not only is the quality better than jb, its also fresher and the fact that those 3 are the top 3 in the sport currently makes it a no brainer. How many times can we cop jordans from 84-97? Out with the old, in with the new!!!
There's no need for comparing. Both shoes are great. I don't know why there has to always be some kind competition. Jordan's will always be classics and they paved the way for Nike Basketball. It's just so childish when I see people do those pics. Grow up. It's like smashing up a classic car just because u have the newest thing on the market. Jordan's are classics and will always hold value.
No.

I could see if he was smashing a pair of '96s, but these retros are a shell of the "classic".

If we are gonna compare them to cars, then these 2012 retros would be clones.

Last edited:
I want to hear from people who have used the BDAY coupon on the sulfurs...
which city?
which store?
Trying to help narrow down where to go pick up the sulfurs

I used it at HOHLA. They gave me a little bit of a problem because I didnt have the actual email, but I told em I drove almost 2 hours to get em... still didnt want to, but in the end he let me. This was day after release btw.

DID YOU ORDER YOUR PAIR THROUGH FOOTLOCKER THE MORNING ON 12/25! ?!?!?!?!??!!?

If so you are entitled to get your $8 shipping charge back. I noticed those weird remaining pairs on ftl.com had free shipping attached to it, so i called and they refunded it to me. just an FYI to those who did as well

thanks for the info.. hope some of yall do this!

anyone do this? successful?

Called the footlocker I purchased mine from for $150 and they told me to just refer back to Nike. Wtf. The person I talked to asked her manager but said they didn't get any memo after I told them about the couple of tweets that Nike sent back to people regarding the price.

Last edited:
No.

I could see if he was smashing a pair of '96s, but these retros are a shell of the "classic".

If we are gonna compare them to cars, then these 2012 retros would be clones.

Either way, the 2012 XI retros are still a nice shoe. U get my drift. Besides, if they are so bad, he shudnt even have a pair to step on. :lol:

pretty upset i didnt get the xmas pair. i wasnt really feeling them but now they are fire to me. on the hunt i go.

Back
Top Bottom