OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I as well am a huge VII fan. bbalk wise I prefer them over my VI. but now that I dont play anymore as much. when I use my 8s for cross fit/ weight training they are better for that than my VIIIs are. all the movements I have to make the lightness and the way tharch support is while being lower to the ground is perfect for me. I still cycle in my VIIs during work outs just not leg or heavy cardio day anymore. hut if ima ball on the rare occasion now ill do it in either my VIIs or 8s.

came across

was gonna cop those socks from my local HOH yesterday

Might pass on the bhm...loved them at first, but they aren't a must have imo for the twitter link headache. Purple gradients & maybe blue lights & asg then I'm good...already played in Sulfur's & Christmas, love the 8's!!!

-Pete

After seeing all these planning to drop I might just end up with 10+ pairs of the 8's not counting the ones i'm gonna hoop in, reminiscent of the V's for me. 

For someone who casually hoops and mainly rocks them and collects.   Regular kobe 8 christmas's  for $248 shipped or  8 christmas's  China XDR version for $270 shipped? 

Thanks for any and all opinions!!

yea the 8 colors are iffy so far. they could do so much more if they didnt make almost every theme camo style.

i still ball in my VIIs and have no issues with them after they are broken in. they are stiff at 1st tho.

People are so used to shoes that are good to go from first wear on that breaking shoes inn almost rarely happens these days. I agree, once you break the VIIs in adequately they are great, just a little heavy. Once you wear the 8s to ball nothing feels quite as good....

thats what i keep hearing... cant wait to get a beater pair of 8s.

ive been rotating different shoes to see what i like. melo m8, kobe vii, kobe vi, uptempo 97s, jordan 3s. none of them blow me out of the water at the moment. melos made my feet hot. kobe vi were good to go out of the box. uptempos were heavy, 3s were... well 3s :lol:. kobe viis didnt feel heavy to me but i woudnt call myself a Baller anymore so i couldnt tell the difference these days :smh:

For someone who casually hoops and mainly rocks them and collects.   Regular kobe 8 christmas's  for $248 shipped or  8 christmas's  China XDR version for $270 shipped? 

Thanks for any and all opinions!!
I think most people prefer the regular because of the clear outsole. If you're gonna be playing outdoors then I would recommend the XDR.

For the reason you described and the price difference, the regular version. See if the seller would lower the price a bit.

Found out they're dropping the red suede and black YOTS tomorrow as a QS (S. Korea) and i'm gonna try my luck tomorrow morning on the black pair. The announced price here is the same as all the other Kobe 8s so far, so maybe it's not the $170-$200 + range that we've been speculating about for a US release...

Last edited:
Found out they're dropping the red suede and black YOTS tomorrow as a QS (S. Korea) and i'm gonna try my luck tomorrow morning on the black pair. The announced price here is the same as all the other Kobe 8s so far, so maybe it's not the $170-$200 + range that we've been speculating about for a US release...
Good to hear they're the same price. Hopefully it'll stay that way for the US release so we don't get some crazy stupid price bump like those Corks got.

should be cheaper than kobe 8 performance shoes, well in china the price for kobe 8 NSW is cheaper.

Last edited:
I'm also still waiting for my first Kobe 8...get me something Nike! :nerd:

LMFAO! People are being hypercritical towards the 8s. Tongue sliding and
the laces? Really? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The fact that the complaints are funny is a testament to how awesome the 8s are.
A perfect shoe in my book.

:pimp:

The tongue sliding doesn't mess with performance at all. Who cares!

i wonder how the cushioning and traction wil hold up in the long run...kobe vi's wore out a little quick on the traction ...

Back
Top Bottom