OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Wasn't gonna cop them but made a VIP account just so I can get these tomorrow no questions asked with that VIP #. In person they are super dope!

Just did, Would have cost me $10 more if I'd bought from footlocker on release date anyway due to $40 international shipping.

Got my pair I can trash on the court now.
nthat.gif

Onto the red camo's.

Still some Sulfurs out there if anyone interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19079240464...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Sold out of 9.5s Nooooooooooooooooooo. I've had them on my watch list because im STILL waiting on word on nike passes from a friend. If I didn't get passes I was ready to buy those on ebay. UGH!!

After a long 12 hour shift at work, I was able to cop my Blue Corals at my local FTL. Had to take quick side by side pictures with the Red Camo YOTS.

What's good man? I had mine the first week of November, they told me 4-6 months before I could return to activity. "Light run" is even an overstatement because all I did last weekend was run the court and set screens. I knew I shouldn't have been playing but I just wanted the cardio and knew I was going to be super careful. I'm actually pretty disappointed and kind of concerned about how it feels to be honest, no way in hell I could take a 15 foot jumper right now and I can barely shoot a layup. Still doing PT as well, should be going back to the doc in a couple weeks which would be right at 4 months. I split between point/2-guard, don't really play in anything except kobes.

Sorry for the ramble but good to know someone else feels my pain lol.
I understand completely...not a ramble at all lol....I'd take it easy if I were you.  Your doing a lot out there lol!  Not trying to sound like a downer I just see the importance of taking the time to heal after hearing about a guy thats in therapy at the same practice I go to.  That dude is rehabing after having a repeat surgery because he didnt do the home exercises and tried to get back too soon!  Crazy!  Its eating me alive but Im going to wait the recommended 6 months to ball.  Im crazy competitive so I know I need to be healthy before Im back balling again. 

Good to know about the Kobe's....I'm liking the design and have seen a few colorways that are nice.  I play the same and I cut really hard so knowing guys are playing in them and giving them good reviews is a plus.

JS"

i buy kobes because they have magical powers. when i play in kobes i magically play a lot better. im not even a kobe/lakers fan.

i now own sulfurs and have blues coming. defo getting atomic teal. pythons... bite or not? I can see myself wearing the pythons casually.

and ofcause the magic that's in these kobes will help me with the ladies. right? RIGHT?!?!?!

I picked up the Kobe BHM's from a local Nike store today (I'm in Canada.. delay in shipping), I love Kobe, never liked his shoes (cept for the huarache 2k4.. which I kinda consider his).. but man ohh man are these dope! My fave release of quite some time. After trying these on, I gotta say I am def getting a few other colorways of the Kobe 8. I did a little overview of the shoes on youtube for fun (starts at 2:40.. rest is me talking), these look amazing in person. Peep the vid if you want...

cheers

my bad if this has been posted already, for Socal folks, i saw a bunch of sulfurs at nike vault.  i was just there last night. i didnt ask specifically how many pairs or anything, but they had sulfurs displayed everywhere, im pretty sure they would have few sizes if anything, or just call them. hope that helps some of you

They stopped letting me use military AND bday. I had a shady friend at FTL that would do it for me, but he quit. Copped today with just the 20% off.

I used the military plus the survey coupon today. Walked out of FTL paying $110 for the blue camos. Not too bad. I'm pretty happy with the price.

Trying to compare the cushioning.
Zoom air insole feels pretty good actually. I wish there was some in the forefoot. I'm still scared lunarlon is going to wear out too quickly. I read awhile back one of you balled for 2 months already and it's not as responsive...Is this still case for everyone else?

I picked up the Kobe BHM's from a local Nike store today (I'm in Canada.. delay in shipping), I love Kobe, never liked his shoes (cept for the huarache 2k4.. which I kinda consider his).. but man ohh man are these dope! My fave release of quite some time. After trying these on, I gotta say I am def getting a few other colorways of the Kobe 8. I did a little overview of the shoes on youtube for fun (starts at 2:40.. rest is me talking), these look amazing in person. Peep the vid if you want...

cheers
Good stuff man, couple months ago you had a couple and now you got 200.

Grats.

Tried out the blue lights. They look great but size 13 was too narrow. Anything bigger and there'd be too much room for my big toe. Guess I'm not meant for Kobe's. :smh:

Don't give up hope! I tried on the blues today and they def seemed more narrow than sulfurs and all stars. Those are only other ones I can compare these to, but they were tight on the outside of the foot for sure.

Colorway is OK to me, but I'm much more of a red shoe over blue shoe guy anyway..

Remember, it's a mesh upper so it will stretch somewhat with time. I think some others have mentioned that it loosens up a bit.

Lunar definitely sinks and becomes less responsive and the EM upper becomes much less rigid after significant wear. That's why I ordered the ortho ready insert because I definitely want to enjoy my sulfurs for much more hoop sessions, it's just the lunar doesn't have that same bounce anymore. Don't get me wrong, still love them and still comfy. You're just a lot more sore after playing than when you first wear the shoe to hoop.

Gonna get the blue snakes or whatever today and use that lunar insert depending in which shoes I feel like wearing lol. Might make my sulfurs my outdoor shoes after I get the blue lights and iDs.

Last edited:
Lunar definitely sinks and becomes less responsive and the EM upper becomes much less rigid after significant wear. That's why I ordered the ortho ready insert because I definitely want to enjoy my sulfurs for much more hoop sessions, it's just the lunar doesn't have that same bounce anymore. Don't get me wrong, still love them and still comfy. You're just a lot more sore after playing than when you first wear the shoe to hoop.

Gonna get the blue snakes or whatever today and use that lunar insert depending in which shoes I feel like wearing lol. Might make my sulfurs my outdoor shoes after I get the blue lights and iDs.

How long/how often have you played in them before you noticed the decreased responsiveness?

Back
Top Bottom