OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The burgundy looking upper is actually kinda nice compared to what I originally thought was purple, but I'm kind of confused why there's been 4 red-ish Kobes (YOTS, Red Snakes, Milk Snakes, PP) and now a burgundy-ish Kobe yet no Lower Merion colorway, which is usually red/maroon/burgundy with silver. I guess we aren't seeing an LM colorway this year? Wonder why, it'd be the first Kobe in a while without an LM colorway, which is usually a yearly staple. Don't even think I've seen a pic of an LM 8 PE this year.

I guess maybe the Milk Snakes are the closest we're getting to one?

Last edited:
I was kind of disappointed when I saw the green glow cw was purple. but i can **** with the burgundy 
pimp.gif

Green glows are fire. People who don't like them now they will grow on you and you will grab them and they will sell out.

Shoes are definitely a case of different strokes because Venice Beaches are my favorite of all to date.  I wouldn't trade them for any current Kobe 8.

Agree! Some of y'all are trippin. The VB's are dope and I know I wouldn't give them up either! Love my pair. :smokin

Where did the name amnesties come from? Is that somebody here made up or somebody at Nike (Kobe) came up with?

Kobe wore those the day they played dallas. Marc Cuban said they should amnesty kobe, well kobe dropped 38 and then went on twitter and said "AMNESTY THAT".

So by our standards, we call these the AMNESTIES lol

That game was amazing. The final shot where he got vince up in the air and waited for him to fly by before nailing the J was so sick.

i liked these a LOT better in the first pic yesterday. looked purple and the swoosh looked chlorine blue, turns out they are actually burgundy and green, not as cool.  ill have to see more pics, but ill probably pass
I like the print on the upper. Hope that they will drop a Lakers colorway with that print.

Just got a pair of black/gold elites in size 10 and they're kinda tight/snug. I've balled in Kobe IV, V and VI's, all size 10 and have always loved them. But the toebox on the 8's isn't as tall as the others (because the insole thickness) so there's less room, my toes just feel kinda crammed and the sole of the heel (where the zoom unit) feels kinda stiff. Im attributing all of this to them needing to be broken in (hopefully). Will the Cushlon mold to my foot/break-in like the lunafoam does or is it too resistant/hard? It seems, almost too thick an insole (out of the box at least). Any experience with break-in time? Is it advised to maybe throw some ceder shoe trees in there, to stretch out the mesh a lil' (they are defenitly a bit narrower than prior models)? Don't really wanna go up half a size, I've always worn 10's in every Kobe to ball.

Thanks--

Last edited:
Kobe wore those the day they played dallas. Marc Cuban said they should amnesty kobe, well kobe dropped 38 and then went on twitter and said "AMNESTY THAT".

So by our standards, we call these the AMNESTIES lol

the CW when he torn his Achilles looks so siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick,,:nerd: im still hoping Nike will release it before the start of the season or maybe before the IX comes out

This pic sold me on the green pp.  Grab them from Eastbay, only the greens allow coupons and there's a 20% one right now and buy the shoes on their own for free shipping.  Came out to 130 after taxes.

Back
Top Bottom