OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Took the fades to the beach yesterday

I'd pay a stupid amount of money for the Fireworks in my size
tired.gif
. They don't ever show themselves, though. 

That's about $5,000 worth of shoes and some change.

That makes me think of a question for all the sneaker addicts here. Let's say someone keeps all of their 8s in prime condition. Like only wears lightly, no playing basketball, no rain, cleans them regularly. How much value do you guys think they hold over time? Let's say a year from now, someone wants to let some go that are in as close to new but not new condition. What would you guys estimate they'd be able to get on the market?

This is just a random question of curiosity to see what the general value is.

Not much Weezy!

XMas, MCs, BHMs, and Sparks will hold the most resell.

But the rest will Hover around retail.

Especially PPs.

really depends on the model that would be out, if its popular enough or not.
I feel like when VI's came out you could find them sitting. VII's came out people were up selling the VI's.
Now you can get VI's relatively cheap (GRs)

basically if 9 model isn't good, 8's will probably go up in value, if they're good. you'll be able to get retail or less for GRs even sulfurs and fades

Not much Weezy!

XMas, MCs, BHMs, and Sparks will hold the most resell.

But the rest will Hover around retail.

Especially PPs.

I actually consider that to be very good. Keep in mind I'm asking what a pair in great condition that IS not deadstock will sell for say a year after release. I consider around break even to be fair considering you get some use out of them and always know if you take care of them and need some money, you can sell.

yeah. retail for GRs except fades and sulfurs/venom.

As above, I think that's great.

really depends on the model that would be out, if its popular enough or not.
I feel like when VI's came out you could find them sitting. VII's came out people were up selling the VI's.
Now you can get VI's relatively cheap (GRs)

basically if 9 model isn't good, 8's will probably go up in value, if they're good. you'll be able to get retail or less for GRs even sulfurs and fades

Gotcha, so the 8s monetary value long term depends heavily on future Kobe models success. Sounds logical.

Lemme ask you guys this, and keep in mind, its all theoretical as there's just no way of knowing. Do you guys ever see a scenario with Kobes similar to Jordan's?

What I mean by that is original Jordan models often referred to as OGs keep going up in value as retros release. Something to collectors about having the original that makes them sought after. So, anyone think a day will come say 10 years from now where they retro this 8 model and people like us with the "OGs" would literally be sitting on a goldmine?

Lemme ask you guys this, and keep in mind, its all theoretical as there's just no way of knowing. Do you guys ever see a scenario with Kobes similar to Jordan's?

What I mean by that is original Jordan models often referred to as OGs keep going up in value as retros release. Something to collectors about having the original that makes them sought after. So, anyone think a day will come say 10 years from now where they retro this 8 model and people like us with the "OGs" would literally be sitting on a goldmine?

only time will tell but comparing kobe product to Jordan product will probably come up short. Jordan was so marketable that he was able to branch off from just one signature shoe to become a stand alone brand.

the only person that could hit that level, and I doubt it will, would be LeBron as evidence by his multi-type releases every year... ie Signature shoe, soldiers, sandles, casual, etc.

Soldiers can be compared to the Team Jordans that Nike released to Jordan athletes back in the day.

personally idts. OG jordans are worth so much because there were so few collectors. People used them as bball shoes. Today, there are way more collectors, so economically i only see the price for og kobe, lebron, kd's etc not being remotely close to og jordan prices due to the number of collectors out there. More supply and less demand = less price

only time will tell but comparing kobe product to Jordan product will probably come up short. Jordan was so marketable that he was able to branch off from just one signature shoe to become a stand alone brand.

the only person that could hit that level, and I doubt it will, would be LeBron as evidence by his multi-type releases every year... ie Signature shoe, soldiers, sandles, casual, etc.

Soldiers can be compared to the Team Jordans that Nike released to Jordan athletes back in the day.

Definitely, I agree. I should of worded that better. I fully agree it would never be like the cult like following MJ has. I was more so just wondering if say if/when the Kobes started to retro, if you feel the original 8s would start to rise in value. As with time, only the hardcore guys like many of us will still have them in great condition sitting around. But yea, again, no way was I asking or inferring it will ever be close to the popularity or demand of a Jordan product.

personally idts. OG jordans are worth so much because there were so few collectors. People used them as bball shoes. Today, there are way more collectors, so economically i only see the price for og kobe, lebron, kd's etc not being remotely close to og jordan prices due to the number of collectors out there. More supply and less demand = less price

That's fair, and I'd have to agree. But, I do feel as though there's a long time from now and retro time. A lot can happen in that time to people's collections for a variety of reasons. So while I agree it won't be like the value of original Jordan's, I do feel as they retro, value will significantly increase.

I asked this question just because I think its cool to get other opinions/outlooks on things like this. Also, how cool is it to know when you buy a shoe you like, that it can potentially give you more money back than you paid 10 years in. Its one of those things that make me love shoes that much more. I'd love them even if it wasn't the case, but its just an added bonus.

Sounds like we got a case of one of them dudes who rocks a current model to death for like a year while it's still "hot" then puts 'em all up on eBay as VVVVNDS, worn once so they can fund the next "hot" shoe.
eyes.gif

Sounds like we got a case of one of them dudes who rocks a current model to death for like a year while it's still "hot" then puts 'em all up on eBay as VVVVNDS, worn once so they can fund the next "hot" shoe. :rolleyes

Nah, just a case of a guy trying to dialogue and have a discussion with people who loves shoes. I actually have Jordan's that are over 15 years old that aren't for sale at all. But keep posting your negative trash as that is what you're best at. I disagreed with you in one thread and you're so petty you can't let it go. Grow up, and move on. Its really pathetic. Let the adults have a negative free discussion, as the repeated assumptions and childish trash talk is not a good look.

Back
Top Bottom