OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

$7-8 bills...
laugh.gif

^Sparks could've been had for $300-325 on Kicks-Crew if you caught them early on. Some people were hoping/assuming they'd release in the US, so they passed on them at that price. I still remember one dude who got a pair for $600 and got laughed at for that, but that's basically about what you'd have to pay for them now, maybe even more cuz you can't even find pairs period, even if you wanted to buy.

I was only looking at pairs in my own size and never saw $700-800, so I guess from my perspective, they've only risen in price, never really dropped.
I remember them being on Kicks Crew for that price, and people did pass in hopes of a cheaper US release (As they always do with Kicks Crew) once those dried up however the only pairs left were through ebay, social networks, and contacts which were all selling them much higher at first (From what I saw) then lowered them steadily. I also only looked at pairs in my size whenever I searched. LOL I remember the dude getting laughed at for the $600 Sparks though, along with some of those same people then being really thirsty to get a pair as time passed.

*shrug* We'll see in a few weeks once people start getting rid of theirs though. Just did a quick check and I saw them going for various prices on ebay.

Last edited:
December's usually a good time to find deals in general though cuz some people end up selling things they don't wear or extra pairs they have for holiday money and what not. I've found some pretty good deals before around this time just for that reason, so it wouldn't be a bad time to look for WTK prices in another week or two once people have pairs in hand and are ready to sell.

I can't really imagine WTKs going lower than 400 something, but you might catch a couple desperate sellers and get lucky. I know some guy in the Lebron thread got the Forging Iron XIs for not much over retail cuz a reseller was sitting on 4 pairs and got really desperate about recouping his money :lol:

I work at Succezz but I don't make the prices bro don't scold me. You know the game man. If I were in the power they'll be box price but I'm not.

most preludes suck and even if they are more limited than the WTkobes there is no reason for em to hit high values , they are nowhere near WTKs beauty/uniqueness . its not the WTKs that are hyped its the preludes imo 

Last edited:
Yeah, obviously an opinion but some crazy stuff is being spouted out. The WTK are okay (the Blue pair are nice). The Preludes look promising, especially 3-8.

Sounds like he's getting ready to flip his WTK's while also preparing for a failure of the preludes
i dont even care for the preludes my friend , i like the 4s but thats all , i wont even try to cop em cause all of em are nothing special to worry about , rather invest these money on a possible spark deal or some old barca kobes 

Wish I had known about the UK sites for the wtk. Getting them shipped from the US would have cost me $100  in taxes.

I'm not paying $280 for them let alone current resale prices.They're nice but not worth breaking the bank for.

Last edited:

Imagine niketalk - the forum that doesn't share info while Iss and every blog site posts the info instead.
pimp.gif
Im all for sharing info. The best thread on niketalk is BY FAR the SB thread. THATS the true definition of community. but the reason for that is because resellers and hypebeasts (aside from very few releases) arent about SBs. because of this we dont have to compete with bots and too much resell hype. pretty much every other thread is nothing like that. when a low key site is mentioned from past drops and determined buyers are counting on it, its disheartening when some newbie who only knows about NDC strolls in like its nothing and grabs 2 pairs. 

I dont agree with it but its the nature of the game at this point. Ill admit i even trolled this morning with KB24. if you know about KB24 and you know about their release time, its because you were active around here in the past and you put work in. someone mentioned before its about learning from your losses and stratagizing to capitalize on the next release. i firmly agree with this.

in less than an hour theres gonna be 2 things. 1- some joe schmo who found out that certain sites existed about 10 minutes ago and will grab pairs because of dumb luck and 2- salty people who prepared for this release with backup plans that will miss out because of reason 1 

The Megatron thread was great as well. The really good threads are the ones where the shoes have no resell value and people genuinely like it.
Well said.

Everyone is glad to eat off of someone else's info once a limited drop rolls around.  All someone has to do is use the search feature and they will find anything they need to know.  All of these sites have been listed countless times all over NT and in this very thread.  Instead, once every new release rolls around, it's the same familiar faces along with a couple of new accounts asking the same questions over and over and over.  Begging for information that is freely available if you put in 5 minutes of effort.  There's no such thing as burying info in this day and age, but as the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water...

I'll fall back though and head back to my hype free threads.  Info is worth sharing when it's a two way street and there's a genuine love for the culture.  Very few NT threads are still like that even in the face of limited releases.

Back
Top Bottom