OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Time to retire my pythons

Well done Repped! The shoes show a story and a purpose for em..to WEAR!!

Lets see that lunarlon insert too fam.

The lunarlon that I have in them currently came off a Kobe 8 pp which was swapped after 6 months of using the OG insole, so it doesn't truly reflect what the insole would look like with 1+ years of abuse. (Don't know what I did with the OG insole). I also intermittently swapped the Kobe8 Lunarlon with the Lebron XI full length zoom insole. The Lebron XI insole is thicker so it felt real tight at first, but once worn-in while balling, felt normal (I have skinny,narrow feet). The Lebron insole also made your foot higher to the ground so more susceptible to rolling your ankle but the cushioning was superb (give and take).

@oldsole Used for outdoor balling? How many months did those last?

Yea, used for outdoor since the Feb 2013. Probably used them once or twice a week for a good year, then probably twice a month after that. I'm surprised the EM actually held up really well (I use my sulfurs and purple fades for indoor).

oldsole got his money's worth. Could get a few more run in them outdoors.

I could use them a couple more times but I'd rather not since there are now tears or small holes on the sides of the outsoles which allow dirt and dust to come into the shoe.

Really good info lyl lyl

One of the only negatives about the 8s really is the lunarlon insert. The 9s got them beat in that dept.

The lunarlon that I have in them currently came off a Kobe 8 pp which was swapped after 6 months of using the OG insole, so it doesn't truly reflect what the insole would look like with 1+ years of abuse. (Don't know what I did with the OG insole). I also intermittently swapped the Kobe8 Lunarlon with the Lebron XI full length zoom insole. The Lebron XI insole is thicker so it felt real tight at first, but once worn-in while balling, felt normal (I have skinny,narrow feet). The Lebron insole also made your foot higher to the ground so more susceptible to rolling your ankle but the cushioning was superb (give and take).
Lebron 11 insole with the kobe 8? Best basketball shoe?

just found out about the zoom insole of the flightposites. Anyone use them in their kobe 8s or lebron 11s?

Last edited:

I've tried the Lebron XI insole once but I felt like I was going to pop out of my shoe. It would have been nice if the insole was just a tad bit thinner. That would have been just tooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
was your lebron 11 insole broken in already?

After searching for 3-4 months, I've finally been able to get a pair of DS Purple Gradients for retail.

Thank you Hyper Grapes for releasing and pushing people to sell their purple gradients haha!

Apparently simons in miami has the kobe 8 green glow pit vipers for 130

dunno if any are left/size/number anything. saw it on a FB group

Back
Top Bottom