OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

What I don't get is why the sudden move to limited release for KDs? Wasn't he all about making sure shoes were available for kids to purchase.
I think the latter is true, but he never said anything about every CW or model being "available" for every kid/adult to purchase.  I think that the price point obviously makes them more affordable to everyone.  Just like any other marquee/signature athlete, eventually they realize as they get more popular that "product placement" and getting the product in the "right" hands only helps create better exposure and interest in your stuff.  See Kobe 4,5,6 vs, 1,2,3, or even Lebrons after the 5.  Prior to, more dedicated sneaker "heads or basketball players would have been tuned into those shoes, but as their exposure and popularity increased, you start seeing celebs, other athletes, actors, musicians, etc... wearing the stuff. 

Well, as pointed out awhile back, once the rappers got wind of some of the "hotter" KD colorways, sneakerblogs started posting pics and every casual sneakerhead is tuned into these releases.  It really was inevitable whether it be Wale, jayZ, Chris Brown, Ludacris,  i n s e r t  n a me, etc....The KD line is a definite sleeper.  Colorways have been great since day 1, and now everyone is catching up.  I don't think the large strap and the crazy colors hurt the process either.  Without the strap last year, I l believe these "flew under the radar" a little bit.

Just my .02.  I am not MAD at anyone or anything.  Quite honestly, am happy to have the few CWs of the 2 and 3 that I do before everyone else and their brother caught on.  Feel much the same about the Kobe CD and POP 4s.  KD2s, and 3s will only become more "classic" thanks to this uptick from the 4s.

Didn't Ty come in asking if we'd buy Nerfs without the special box or something?
I'm trying to hold out hope that there will be a later release without it, and it'll be more widely available.

Didn't Ty come in asking if we'd buy Nerfs without the special box or something?
I'm trying to hold out hope that there will be a later release without it, and it'll be more widely available.

Someone from ISS said there's already 12 people camping at Beverly Center HOH's. Ridculous... There goes my chance.

Someone from ISS said there's already 12 people camping at Beverly Center HOH's. Ridculous... There goes my chance.

Originally Posted by wrxtreme

a week of camping +$%#%! aint no way in the world. there is nothing worth doing that for.

Originally Posted by wrxtreme

a week of camping +$%#%! aint no way in the world. there is nothing worth doing that for.

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

Ala Moana Hawaii HoH update, it's looking more like a Wednesday or Thursday drop according to an employee that I spoke to on the phone... Smh... I have to work...
Funny. I was there yesterday and asked about the possible tuesday or wednesday release, and the guy told me they may not get them till the following week? Looks like we're on the same boat, will be at work also. And that info on the Nerfs that was posted 
mad.gif
. Guess they wont make it here to the island

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

What I don't get is why the sudden move to limited release for KDs? Wasn't he all about making sure shoes were available for kids to purchase.
I think the latter is true, but he never said anything about every CW or model being "available" for every kid/adult to purchase.  I think that the price point obviously makes them more affordable to everyone.  Just like any other marquee/signature athlete, eventually they realize as they get more popular that "product placement" and getting the product in the "right" hands only helps create better exposure and interest in your stuff.  See Kobe 4,5,6 vs, 1,2,3, or even Lebrons after the 5.  Prior to, more dedicated sneaker "heads or basketball players would have been tuned into those shoes, but as their exposure and popularity increased, you start seeing celebs, other athletes, actors, musicians, etc... wearing the stuff. 

Well, as pointed out awhile back, once the rappers got wind of some of the "hotter" KD colorways, sneakerblogs started posting pics and every casual sneakerhead is tuned into these releases.  It really was inevitable whether it be Wale, jayZ, Chris Brown, Ludacris,  i n s e r t  n a me, etc....The KD line is a definite sleeper.  Colorways have been great since day 1, and now everyone is catching up.  I don't think the large strap and the crazy colors hurt the process either.  Without the strap last year, I l believe these "flew under the radar" a little bit.

Just my .02.  I am not MAD at anyone or anything.  Quite honestly, am happy to have the few CWs of the 2 and 3 that I do before everyone else and their brother caught on.  Feel much the same about the Kobe CD and POP 4s.  KD2s, and 3s will only become more "classic" thanks to this uptick from the 4s.
Agreed. I'm not mad either just disappointed.  Never thought the KD line would turn into JB/KB/LBJ type shoes...I guess that was kind of the appeal.

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

Ala Moana Hawaii HoH update, it's looking more like a Wednesday or Thursday drop according to an employee that I spoke to on the phone... Smh... I have to work...
Funny. I was there yesterday and asked about the possible tuesday or wednesday release, and the guy told me they may not get them till the following week? Looks like we're on the same boat, will be at work also. And that info on the Nerfs that was posted 
mad.gif
. Guess they wont make it here to the island

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Agreed. I'm not mad either just disappointed.  Never thought the KD line would turn into JB/KB/LBJ type shoes...I guess that was kind of the appeal.

to be honest after seeing the weatherman's so much, the nerfs look blah, just my opinion.

to be honest after seeing the weatherman's so much, the nerfs look blah, just my opinion.

Us Hawaii guys just gotta wait n see, and keep checking!

Honestly I could care less about the nerfs/weatherman CWs, going back to the SHOES, I just tried on a pair and they feel nice. I was afraid they'd be too narrow, based off what I read on here, but they were alright for me. I got my usualy size and the fit was comfortably snug, just the way I like it, and with a few wears it should break in nice i'd assume. Also, I personally love shoes with straps because of the extra secured lockdown they provide as well as their asthetics and that adaptive fit/strap made a small but significant difference in fit and lockdown. It really hugged the inner part of my foot and pushed it more into the shoe, it was nice! I also like the feel of the outsole. Just by touching it, it feels like the traction will be pretty good too. Wasn't really planning on getting a pair so soon but I think I just might have too! =)

Us Hawaii guys just gotta wait n see, and keep checking!

Honestly I could care less about the nerfs/weatherman CWs, going back to the SHOES, I just tried on a pair and they feel nice. I was afraid they'd be too narrow, based off what I read on here, but they were alright for me. I got my usualy size and the fit was comfortably snug, just the way I like it, and with a few wears it should break in nice i'd assume. Also, I personally love shoes with straps because of the extra secured lockdown they provide as well as their asthetics and that adaptive fit/strap made a small but significant difference in fit and lockdown. It really hugged the inner part of my foot and pushed it more into the shoe, it was nice! I also like the feel of the outsole. Just by touching it, it feels like the traction will be pretty good too. Wasn't really planning on getting a pair so soon but I think I just might have too! =)

I jus saw the locations the nerfs are dropping at n i have to say now is SMH. Guess im not getting a pair
It would be so cool if they re released the weathermans n nerfs in bigger quanties for a higher price. Cuz ill cop either sneaker for any price under 200

I jus saw the locations the nerfs are dropping at n i have to say now is SMH. Guess im not getting a pair
It would be so cool if they re released the weathermans n nerfs in bigger quanties for a higher price. Cuz ill cop either sneaker for any price under 200

Back
Top Bottom