OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

Originally Posted by jQQQQQ

Copped on the purple ankle sleeves alone!!!
you mean, BLUE?,....right?....
happy.gif

Very interested to see more cw's too....
but more excited to see some vi's go on sale...
smokin.gif

What y'all need to realize is...

This is a lunar interchangable insole.... These gaurantee Comfort.

The Air Jordan 2k11 was stupid...
These ZK7s, give you 2 actual functional insoles... Only wondering on how these perform now.

What y'all need to realize is...

This is a lunar interchangable insole.... These gaurantee Comfort.

The Air Jordan 2k11 was stupid...
These ZK7s, give you 2 actual functional insoles... Only wondering on how these perform now.

Originally Posted by clkru

uh-oh - a Kobe basketball shoe built specifically for basketball!

SMH at people hating on the sleeve and visible flywire - wear something else off-court.
Part of what made the Kobe line so successful today was the fact that since the IV's they have been so versatile and appealing to everyone. They were great performance shoes but they also looked great for every day wear. 
It's not hating on the sleeve but if it indeed is the tongue as well, these are not going to be appealing to everyone. Most people that want and buy Kobe's new kicks every year don't play competitive basketball. Yes, it is meant to be a high performance shoe, but making it in a way that it ONLY looks good for playing ball in and not casually is going to cut a lot of the demographic of ppl that otherwise would have bought this shoe.

Either way, I'm excited about what these VII's bring. I wear my Kobe's casually and for ball so if it is a bball only shoe then fine. I just hope that there is a tongue underneath the sleeve or some version like that so that is more versatile for everyday wear too.

Originally Posted by clkru

uh-oh - a Kobe basketball shoe built specifically for basketball!

SMH at people hating on the sleeve and visible flywire - wear something else off-court.
Part of what made the Kobe line so successful today was the fact that since the IV's they have been so versatile and appealing to everyone. They were great performance shoes but they also looked great for every day wear. 
It's not hating on the sleeve but if it indeed is the tongue as well, these are not going to be appealing to everyone. Most people that want and buy Kobe's new kicks every year don't play competitive basketball. Yes, it is meant to be a high performance shoe, but making it in a way that it ONLY looks good for playing ball in and not casually is going to cut a lot of the demographic of ppl that otherwise would have bought this shoe.

Either way, I'm excited about what these VII's bring. I wear my Kobe's casually and for ball so if it is a bball only shoe then fine. I just hope that there is a tongue underneath the sleeve or some version like that so that is more versatile for everyday wear too.

really gettin tired of this one piece upper set up...

glad the midsole/sole has as many different sections as it does though, that'll def make up for how limited the uppers are for color blocking...

really gettin tired of this one piece upper set up...

glad the midsole/sole has as many different sections as it does though, that'll def make up for how limited the uppers are for color blocking...

b_1318422203_863.jpg

I'm not really feeling the changes they made from the black/white sample. The biggest difference for me is how the heel cup doesn't line up with the back piece of the outsole that jets out; this makes the design less attractive IMO...

But I think the use of purple and white where they are also has something to do with it. Should look better in a different colorway

b_1318422203_863.jpg

I'm not really feeling the changes they made from the black/white sample. The biggest difference for me is how the heel cup doesn't line up with the back piece of the outsole that jets out; this makes the design less attractive IMO...

But I think the use of purple and white where they are also has something to do with it. Should look better in a different colorway

i think the ankle strap really detracts from the overall flow of the shoe. more pics without the strap are needed

i think the ankle strap really detracts from the overall flow of the shoe. more pics without the strap are needed

If this is what we have to look forward to for the VII, then I will be more than willing to give Nike my money
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
. The Kobe VII seems more appealing upon first glance, unlike the Lebron IX.

IMO, these look way better than the VI. I can't wait to see more colorways
pimp.gif

If this is what we have to look forward to for the VII, then I will be more than willing to give Nike my money
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I'm sure you guys have nothing to gripe about. Either changes will be made, or there will be versions of the shoe without it. Nike knows a huge part of their customer base probably doesn't even want to touch a court with these.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I'm sure you guys have nothing to gripe about. Either changes will be made, or there will be versions of the shoe without it. Nike knows a huge part of their customer base probably doesn't even want to touch a court with these.

It looks like you just slip on the sock/ankle liner over the insole, which should mean you can wear it with or without it....
but who knows, gotta wait and see......

It looks like you just slip on the sock/ankle liner over the insole, which should mean you can wear it with or without it....

Back
Top Bottom