OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

wow 170 for a shoe, and with cali taxes they will come out to be 185 and some change....... im down for maybe one pair of supremes and will be very picky on the reg. shoe too. looks like i will be hitting the kd line hard next year, cant believe nike and kobe that f***** greedy. if they wanted to make more money then they should stop making every pair limited and  make more gr's.

wow 170 for a shoe, and with cali taxes they will come out to be 185 and some change....... im down for maybe one pair of supremes and will be very picky on the reg. shoe too. looks like i will be hitting the kd line hard next year, cant believe nike and kobe that f***** greedy. if they wanted to make more money then they should stop making every pair limited and  make more gr's.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Nike saw that NWT bought too many Kobe they decided to increase the damn price smh

Let's not single him out.
laugh.gif

Wow $170
laugh.gif
 . Like others said, one pair of supreme and one regular then i'll be done with the VII. Of course im just saying that now lol

Wow $170
laugh.gif
 . Like others said, one pair of supreme and one regular then i'll be done with the VII. Of course im just saying that now lol

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Dang. So removable insoles (which are the entire basis of cushioning out of cheaper models) are being introduced as cool new INNOVATIVE "removable" "choose your cushioning" HYPE and instead of a price decrease, there's a price INCREASE? Some products like even the lebron IVs had zoom air in the insoles. That didnt cause a price increase. If anything, it kept the price the same.

I guess logic was thrown out with the AJ 2011, and sales were so great that they are introducing the same thing to Kobe's line.

I can see the crap they are pulling but I guess others don't care?

Removable zoom air can be bought online for $20 and added to any shoe, or taken from other models. This choose your ride stuff gets people all excited but its making shoes more expensive only for the consumer (not to actually produce)/ Nike is DOUBLE winning on this one.

but modular cushioning IS innovative....... who else is doing it? They are the market first mover for this...... it isn't just a removable sockliner, its a midsole. And I would expect a price increase with modular cushioning because they have to produce 2 midsoles which is 2x more than what they were producing in the past.

LOL @ the thinking that the zoom air in the lebron iv kept the price the same. have you seen the FOB price of zoom air? its actually pretty expensive......

the statement about the sales of the AJ2011 affecting the introduction of modular cushioning into the kobe line is completely wrong. they started designing/working on the kobe vii WAY before any AJ2011's were available in stores. By the time the AJ2011 was even released at stores, they were far enough in the production of the kobe vii that they had already made the decision to go with modular cushioning. so its impossible to say that the instore sales of the AJ2011 had any affect on the decision for the kobe line.

and Nike should be making money off the shoes they make... isn't that what every other shoe company is doing that is still in business and not going bankrupt? Common business sense, if the sales numbers are supporting your products, why not continue.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Dang. So removable insoles (which are the entire basis of cushioning out of cheaper models) are being introduced as cool new INNOVATIVE "removable" "choose your cushioning" HYPE and instead of a price decrease, there's a price INCREASE? Some products like even the lebron IVs had zoom air in the insoles. That didnt cause a price increase. If anything, it kept the price the same.

I guess logic was thrown out with the AJ 2011, and sales were so great that they are introducing the same thing to Kobe's line.

I can see the crap they are pulling but I guess others don't care?

Removable zoom air can be bought online for $20 and added to any shoe, or taken from other models. This choose your ride stuff gets people all excited but its making shoes more expensive only for the consumer (not to actually produce)/ Nike is DOUBLE winning on this one.

but modular cushioning IS innovative....... who else is doing it? They are the market first mover for this...... it isn't just a removable sockliner, its a midsole. And I would expect a price increase with modular cushioning because they have to produce 2 midsoles which is 2x more than what they were producing in the past.

LOL @ the thinking that the zoom air in the lebron iv kept the price the same. have you seen the FOB price of zoom air? its actually pretty expensive......

the statement about the sales of the AJ2011 affecting the introduction of modular cushioning into the kobe line is completely wrong. they started designing/working on the kobe vii WAY before any AJ2011's were available in stores. By the time the AJ2011 was even released at stores, they were far enough in the production of the kobe vii that they had already made the decision to go with modular cushioning. so its impossible to say that the instore sales of the AJ2011 had any affect on the decision for the kobe line.

and Nike should be making money off the shoes they make... isn't that what every other shoe company is doing that is still in business and not going bankrupt? Common business sense, if the sales numbers are supporting your products, why not continue.

Realistically, all the "Supreme" realeases for $170 will be limited, they will sell no matter what anyone says in this thread about not buying.

I'm fine with a $10 increase for the regular pairs at $140 if that's what the final price ends up being.

Nike already said they were going to increase their prices on all their shoes, so all that insole complaining that wallyhoop brought up is irrelevant. Doesn't matter what type of cushioning or setup the VII's are using, the price was going to go up no matter what and Nike already told the world about the price increase.

The way Nike is, we were lucky that the VI's were the same price of the V's.

Realistically, all the "Supreme" realeases for $170 will be limited, they will sell no matter what anyone says in this thread about not buying.

I'm fine with a $10 increase for the regular pairs at $140 if that's what the final price ends up being.

Nike already said they were going to increase their prices on all their shoes, so all that insole complaining that wallyhoop brought up is irrelevant. Doesn't matter what type of cushioning or setup the VII's are using, the price was going to go up no matter what and Nike already told the world about the price increase.

The way Nike is, we were lucky that the VI's were the same price of the V's.

Should have the price $140 as regular and $160 as Supreme or whatever, $170 is nuts, but if there are colorways on the level of Grinches, OC's, 3D's, etc...I will pay anyways.

Should have the price $140 as regular and $160 as Supreme or whatever, $170 is nuts, but if there are colorways on the level of Grinches, OC's, 3D's, etc...I will pay anyways.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

looks good so far!!!

the mid part reminds me of the ZK1...i hope it becomes a mid but its not done yet so well see
first thing that came to mind. its a low top version of the zk1, which i loved btw!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LA KB24

looks good so far!!!

the mid part reminds me of the ZK1...i hope it becomes a mid but its not done yet so well see
first thing that came to mind. its a low top version of the zk1, which i loved btw!
pimp.gif

I'm sorry but...
I love the idea.. Interchangeable this, Modified that....

But they better put Full Length Zoom & Full Length Air Cushion as options... 
happy.gif

I'm still waiting for the "crazy" C/W they have...

Kobe IV - MLKs, Da Vinci, Gradients, Chaos & etc.

Kobe V - Bruce Lee, DK, Aston Martin, Big Stage & etc.

Kobe VI - Grinches, GBs, Chinas, OCs, "3D", & etc.

Kobe VII - ??????????
happy.gif

I'm sorry but...
I love the idea.. Interchangeable this, Modified that....

But they better put Full Length Zoom & Full Length Air Cushion as options... 
happy.gif

I'm still waiting for the "crazy" C/W they have...

Kobe IV - MLKs, Da Vinci, Gradients, Chaos & etc.

Kobe V - Bruce Lee, DK, Aston Martin, Big Stage & etc.

Kobe VI - Grinches, GBs, Chinas, OCs, "3D", & etc.

Kobe VII - ??????????
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom