Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Copped .5 oz of nautica voyage tonight. Not sure how I feel about it just yet. I sprayed it on both wrists, on one of them I smelled an aquatic scent backed by the smell of green leaves which I like. Don't really smell the apples or lotus. Strangely though, on my other wrist its smells strongly of musk and has this odd mix of animal musk and aquatic that doesn't smell good. During dry down the musk dissipated a bit. I have to try it a few more times to come to a conclusion.

Last edited:
I just tried out my new samples and im really disappointed in bond no9.I did like the bond no9.com and chez bond tho.Bleeker st was ok also 1st impression but I wouldnt personally buy any of them.Really almost hated new haarlem,riverside and coney island.

The search goes on but I may have to stick with the river and lakes that im use to lol.

Last edited:
I just tried out my new samples and im really disappointed in bond no9.I did like the bond no9.com and chez bond tho.Bleeker st was ok also 1st impression but I wouldnt personally buy any of them.Really almost hated new haarlem,riverside and coney island.

The search goes on but I may have to stick with the river and lakes that im use to lol.
Son_i_am_disappoint.gif

lol,Now I am disliking chez bond also.I hate when these colognes settle after a lil bit.s*** is annoying.

I have never felt this way about colognes before.Its weird,Its like I like the way they smell in bottle and instantly but when they settle they just are to sweet and disgusting.

Last edited:
lol,Now I am disliking chez bond also.I hate when these colognes settle after a lil bit.s*** is annoying.

I have never felt this way about colognes before.Its weird,Its like I like the way they smell in bottle and instantly but when they settle they just are to sweet and disgusting.
Just come back to them later. Might be too overwhelming if you're not used to niche frags. Everything you mentioned is top ten for many.
You can always try to unload them here.

I think you need to adjust to something higher quality then the dept store stuff

Maybe but I have tried and have colognes of all prices.Just cause something is expensive or popular doesn't mean it is better.

People have preferences and like what they like its that simple.I loved my creed colognes instantly.

I have a feeling I will never like bond no9 tho.

Last edited:
If anyone wants to smell like toilet bowl cleaning solutions, I have an unopened Chanel Allure Sport Extreme that I'm down to give away. Person who gave it to me didn't know I had the regular Allure Sport (which I love) and gave me this piece of @#$%

On second thought, I have to go to a wedding of a person I don't like in two weeks, so I might as well just give it to him as a gift

Last edited:
If anyone wants to smell like toilet bowl cleaning solutions, I have an unopened Chanel Allure Sport Extreme that I'm down to give away. Person who gave it to me didn't know I had the regular Allure Sport (which I love) and gave me this piece of @#$%

On second thought, I have to go to a wedding of a person I don't like in two weeks, so I might as well just give it to him as a gift

trade it for an almost new 3.4oz Bulgavi Aqua and a Ferre Bergamonte Marino and Gucci Guilty Stud Black?

Last edited:
Just come back to them later. Might be too overwhelming if you're not used to niche frags. Everything you mentioned is top ten for many.
You can always try to unload them here.
Everything he mentioned is top ten for many? Really? Nope.
I think you need to adjust to something higher quality then the dept store stuff
You can do better than a comment like this. Clearly taste doesn't factor into it right>?
Something higher quality than Bond 9.. lol that's just me tho
I dunno guys. I really like this thread, but I think you are all sipping the bond no 9 kool aid. 

I feel exactly the same as the person you're all attacking. I would never spend (even the discounted or split price) money on bond no 9. I've been given every bon-bon sample they offer. Other than bottle design, it rarely stacks up favourably against any of my heavy hitters.

To call bond no 9 high quality....it comes across as a good designer for niche prices. That's obviously not just my opinion either.

Regardless of how you feel, you guys should be a little more welcoming of discourse. 

Last edited:
I agree with lamont lamont ...I think bond no 9 is a bit overpriced and overrated. I couldn't see myself buying a bottle of anything besides Wallstreet and maybe HTTP but its similarities to Aventus won't allow that to happen.

There have been so many other amazing fragrances from all the splits in here that I would prefer over the majority of bond no 9. Just my opinion tho

there's nothing wrong with a lot of their scents. I'm not trying to piss on bond no 9 at all. In fact whenever I read about all the bond no 9 hate in the past, I was determined to look past the things non fragrance related that people have complained about in the (image, copying other companies etc). In most of my sampling I haven't found too many stand out fragrances though.

I just think it's also a bit sad that I can go to a place with pretty much every sample and every bottle of bond no 9 and can't find one that really elevates it to the level some people are describing. They just aren't worth it to me. Longevity is good with most of their fragrances, which makes it even more frustrating. I would like nothing more than to find a bond no 9 that suits me, their bottles are dope.

Last edited:
Shouts to NSJ for the HTTP bottle and some juice.

Lamont, we're on the same page, but I think it stems from beginners in the game being 'suaded to go the Bond no. 9, Creed route as their introductory to niche. Just take a look at fragrantica, basenotes, youtube, Facebook groups, etc.. I think Robes08, who is "proclaimed" the GURU will still to this day recommend Creed/Bond9 to anyone trying to get into niche. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, I think that those two are the most easily and accessible brands out there (throw Tom Ford in there) in the niche/disigner market. Why would I or anyone else recommend Parfums de Marly, Guerlan, Nasomato, Atelier Cologne, to anyone right off the bat, a little over a year ago those were completely obscure brands to me so I know that feels, I shyed away from them simply because they weren't HYPED up and Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, and Bond9 as a brand were.

Creed, other than their sketchy adverts and history is pure quality, Tom Ford,  hats off to him, because if I had the loot, I'd own 90% of what he creates in the private blend, prices are shhhh tho. Now for Bondno9, I wouldn't pay half off their retail prices for anything other than Andy Warhol w/ face, to me, they create their scents as a marketing game/scheme and less an art or extension of perfumery. It seems as tho, they use minimum alcohol and say "smell this!" in the malls, "you see how it doesn't smell synthetic and more quality than Sephora and dept. store perfumes, our perfumes come with better, natural ingredients" Right... doesn't mean better ingredients, you just don't dillute them to the point that mass produced offerings in Sephora are.

It's easy to fall into those traps, add when you have your favorite rapper/athlete IGing pictures of their Bond9 collections saying "You ain't got these, I smell better than you, $350 for a bottle of cologne" lol

Not everyone is going to do it, because most are just trying to replace their bottle of Fierce, L'homme, Polo black, ect, but venture out from the annoying  Creed/Bond9 counters in Saks Fifth and the likes.

Back
Top Bottom