Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

41tsBeE2UHL._SY300_.jpg

P14786925.jpg

Is Dior Homme Intense okay for daily wear?

Wanna buy it for summer also, don't know if it's right for the season.

Last edited:
Is Dior Homme Intense okay for daily wear?

Wanna buy it for summer also, don't know if it's right for the season.

I dont think its right for daily wear, IMO a daily wear fragrance is something more subtle like YSL L'homme. DHI can be a really strong fragrance hence the name "Intense" therefore it is more of a night time going out scent particularly in the Fall/Winter when the tempature dips at night. I definetely wouldnt wear it in the summer when its hot outside. Maybe if you live somewhere where it hits the high 60s low 70s with low humidity (I sound like a weather man :lol:) then maybe you can get away with it in the summer.

I dont think its right for daily wear, IMO a daily wear fragrance is something more subtle like YSL L'homme. DHI can be a really strong fragrance hence the name "Intense" therefore it is more of a night time going out scent particularly in the Fall/Winter when the tempature dips at night. I definetely wouldnt wear it in the summer when its hot outside. Maybe if you live somewhere where it hits the high 60s low 70s with low humidity (I sound like a weather man :lol:) then maybe you can get away with it in the summer.

Thanks. I live in Texas so that's a no-go. :lol:

are you guys rocking the old or new formula DHI? I still havent got my nose on the new formula. I have the old formula regular Dior Homme and I actually prefer the new formula's additional cocoa/vanilla.

Thanks. I live in Texas so that's a no-go. :lol:

Nope :lol: However, I was in Houston 3 weeks ago and it got a little chilly, for Texas standards I guess, probally low to mid 60s at night and wearing DHI wouldnt be bad in that weather.

are you guys rocking the old or new formula DHI? I still havent got my nose on the new formula. I have the old formula regular Dior Homme and I actually prefer the new formula's additional cocoa/vanilla.

I'm rocking the new formulation. My cousin has bottles of both and he says he prefers the new formulation as well. I haven't smelled the old formulation but I think the arguement over original being better than new formulation may be a bit overhyped.

Last edited:
Got that d&g. Its OK. Doesn't get a lot of complements. Now bond 9 new haarlem, crazy comps from that.

My man knows New Haarlem makes people drool, did you get it upon my previous suggestions or have you always liked it? I try to expose as many people as possible to this masterpiece

In my top 3 all time for me

Have you guys tried Riverside Drive?

Only reason I ask.....I live on Riverside Drive. HA!

Last edited:
Just wanted to S/O everyone in this thread. Reading the last few pages. Im definitely picking up Creed Adventus and YSL L'Homme. Possibly picking up Allure Blanche and Bond 9 New Haarlem....

In my fragrance collection, I have Platinum Chanel, Bleu De Chanel, D&G Light Blue (gift), Eternity Summer (gift) and D&G The One. Don't know what I would classify each as I just wear them as I please. Mostly wear Platinum Chanel though.

My man knows New Haarlem makes people drool, did you get it upon my previous suggestions or have you always liked it? I try to expose as many people as possible to this masterpiece

In my top 3 all time for me

Stillin729 you put me on to those Eastland Sherman Boots which I have doubles in brown and black by the way lol. So I trust your judgement, but before I drop over $140 on that New Haarlem, can you describe the scent a lil more? They dont carry it at my Saks, and Sephora doesnt have it either.

Stillin729 you put me on to those Eastland Sherman Boots which I have doubles in brown and black by the way lol. So I trust your judgement, but before I drop over $140 on that New Haarlem, can you describe the scent a lil more? They dont carry it at my Saks, and Sephora doesnt have it either.
do a youtube search and watch some review videos, you'll learn everything you need to know.. And New harleem isn't considered a Summer/hot spring scent, so b weary as to buying it now, you could wait until September almost.

do a youtube search and watch some review videos, you'll learn everything you need to know.. And New harleem isn't considered a Summer/hot spring scent, so b weary as to buying it now, you could wait until September almost.
I always watch this mans vids he seems to know what he's talking about.. he starts talking about how it smells top to bottom at 11:35

Last edited:

To me it's like French toast and coffee but smells amazing

Order from fragrancenet.com for cheaper prices

This gets so many compliments from the female workers, girls at bars and even my mom lol

Im on the hunt for old formulation Dior Homme, to me the notes stick out more individually and its better quality.. But the intense version, I can live with the reformulation.. DHI has been my go to night out scent, I dont think its strong enough for clubbing on me, but its just right for close encounters (lounges) and especially when you're dancing or bringing something back home. I've had One Million and have used only 4 or so sprays, I could've done some damage to that bottle years ago, but i'm too old to be smelling like that.

Spring/Summer starting line up, considering how radical the weather is I'll add a hot/chilly weather scent <60/>80 degrees

Signature Scent- Dior Homme, Creed Aventus

Work Scent- Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Gucci pour homme II

Night Out Scent- Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, Hermes Ambre Narguile

Close Quarter "Combat" Scent- Tom Ford Oud Wood, Dior Homme Intense
Daring Scent- Nasomatto Pardon, Midnight in Paris edp
Upper class Event Scent- Dior Bois D'argent, by Killian A Taste of Heaven

Honorable mention; Dior Homme Sport, Allure Homme Sport, Hermes Jardin Sur le Nil, Lalique White, Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli

luckily every one of these are interchangable.

Last edited:
True story.

But with that said, I gave my bottle to my younger bro last year.

Them young chicks gonna be loving that scent, your brother should thank you for that move its more of younger scent. Good look big bro

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom