Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Newborn furniture lists/thoughts?

Starting to think about furnishing a room for my baby girl due in April.

Man, that sounds nuts.

Newborn furniture lists/thoughts?

Starting to think about furnishing a room for my baby girl due in April.

Man, that sounds nuts.

tbh, its probably best to just get some hand me downs. what my wife and i did was we joined this local free group (called Buy Nothing) and picked up a bunch of baby stuff that people were getting rid of.

I'd get a bassinet or a mini crib and that should hold you off for a couple of months. There were a bunch of stuff that my wife got that we ended up not needing and giving away (glider/ottoman, changing table, jumpers/walkers, etc). I'd worry about diapers/wipes/butt cream more

^this man knows.

And on the diaper tip, don't bother buying more than 1 box of newborn sizes. Newborn anything is a waste of money.

^this man knows.

And on the diaper tip, don't bother buying more than 1 box of newborn sizes. Newborn anything is a waste of money.

our son came out wearing size 1s lmao. also, grab EVERYTHING at the hospital. everytime a new pack of diapers/wipes were refilled, we'd take the new pack and have them refill it when we brought the baby to the nursery. you can also ask for more.

^this man knows.

Lol speak for your self. Im on my 2nd box and my baby is 12 days old..
She hits us with the okey doke. Wed change a diaper. She turns around and hits the new one with some stank a min later. We get that off her. She then peas on my changing pad while i have the fresh diaper under. Bam 3 diapers in 90 seconds.

Dont go crazy with furnishing.
Also facebook market place is your friend. Copped a like new mamaroo off a chick for 50.
Mamaroo been clutch. When we lay her in her bassinet after a feeding and burp she still spits up . When we put her in the mamaroo because shes up a little more and not laying flat she falls right asleep

I love the glider, much more comfortable on my back. When I feed him on one of my sofas it ****ing kills me, but i got those bug sectionals you sink into :lol:

Changing table is worthless, you can just throw the pad on top the dresser.

Don’t forget fellas you can trade in your diapers at target or where you got them for the bigger sizes. It was clutch for us because I thought we wasted a lot of diapers.

Don’t forget fellas you can trade in your diapers at target or where you got them for the bigger sizes. It was clutch for us because I thought we wasted a lot of diapers.

yeah, you just gotta pay the difference or something right? and also you get the cheapest price for them (like if they're on sale or something) but that never happens cuz diapers are NEVER on sale....

yeah, you just gotta pay the difference or something right? and also you get the cheapest price for them (like if they're on sale or something) but that never happens cuz diapers are NEVER on sale....
Ya I believe so

My daughter since she was born was drinking Similac Pro Advance Non-GMO... Never had any problems

I use to get it off amazon, they had the 3 pack for like $80 which was steal(when amazon ran the promotion)... I would order on my account and my girl would order on her account... Those big 6 cans would last a long time
Wow had to use that too 34 dollars a pop. **** was killing us, then my lady pops ran across a woman with food stamps and it was a wrap. Lol.

Yeah I here y’all. I’m more of a bargain type of guy but the wifey wants something new (germs, etc). Plus she says it’s the first of who knows so we might get more use out it it.

Don’t know much about cribs etc but she’s looking at a babyletto Hudson (converts as they grow). Thoughts on cribs and a mamaroo (just heard of it from this thread and it seems magical already)?

i’m sure every baby is different but when my son was an infant, we had a fancy baby swing/rocker that played different sounds and had different speeds. car seat could fit right into it. at my in-laws we had a super fancy one. my son hated both of those. the only one he would cruise in was a cheap small one that ran on c batteries.

there are plenty more examples of my son hating things that we spent money on :lol: bugaboo bee stroller - son hated it.
crib - son hated it, slept on the bed.
went through like 5 different bottles until we found one my son would use.

We just moved in and i never bought a dresser.
Fb marketplace we got a crib and changing table for 90.
Changing table is clutch because of the boarders. Less fear of her rolling off

^you guys got plans to keep using size NB after this second box?
Theyre like 4 bucks for 50. We accidently put a 1 on her and it was huge
She pooped and it got more on her back and butt. So NBs til shes atleast 8.5lbs
Our daughter is long and skinny. Hasnt quite fattened up yet

My son hated the mamaroo as well but loved the fisher price rocker (used it until he grew out of it in 2 months).

I’ve heard good things about the babyletto (we were gonna go with the mini crib due to space and convenience). Our friend had already got us the delta one from target that converts as well. I believe all those convertible cribs require attachments that you have to buy.

When we got the free stuff, we always wiped it down with a ton of disinfecting wipes before we used it. You can also buy from Nordstrom and return when you’re done (unethical, I know but it saves a ton of money and Nordstrom would just send it back to the manufacturer anyways).

As for bottles, we use the como tomos, which are supposed to feel like the breast for the baby. They’re easy to wash unlike the Dr. Browns.

The Love To Dream swaddles were life savers. Our son slept through the night (8-10 hours) at 2 months old when we used these swaddles (you can find them at Target). They’re a little pricey (~$30). We’re still using them now and he’s 6 months old.

Also, I’d stick to zipper onesies until he’s a little older. 2 piece clothing and button onesies are such a pain especially since you’ll be changing him so often. Would recommend getting hand me downs as they grow out of clothing super quick

Man my daughter did not like the rocker at all. She loved the walker though. That’s how she would knock out sometimes. I’d just have to put a pillow in there for her to lean against and it was a wrap. Now she’s all about her strider.
5FC84924-F320-4847-AFBC-F9088CF90AF2.jpeg 8CE2B31A-95DC-4365-BA32-B1EA0A10F5B9.jpeg

Theyre like 4 bucks for 50. We accidently put a 1 on her and it was huge
She pooped and it got more on her back and butt. So NBs til shes atleast 8.5lbs
Our daughter is long and skinny. Hasnt quite fattened up yet
My daughter was born at 4.5 pounds and spent the first 7 days in Nicu. Thinks she was 7 pounds when they let her go home. My girl didn't breast feed for long (daughter wouldn't latch and pumping was brutal in terms of the schedule) but those first few weeks she did was clutch.

Man my daughter did not like the rocker at all. She loved the walker though. That’s how she would knock out sometimes. I’d just have to put a pillow in there for her to lean against and it was a wrap. Now she’s all about her strider.
5FC84924-F320-4847-AFBC-F9088CF90AF2.jpeg 8CE2B31A-95DC-4365-BA32-B1EA0A10F5B9.jpeg
Hey bruh how long did it take your daughter to master this bike just brought mines one and she’s struggling.

Halloween tonight and just like a lot of y’all I can’t stand people who don’t control their kids. I pray I don’t have to check somebody today.

Hey bruh how long did it take your daughter to master this bike just brought mines one and she’s struggling.

Halloween tonight and just like a lot of y’all I can’t stand people who don’t control their kids. I pray I don’t have to check somebody today.
My daughter is 3.5. Wanted to get mommy and daughter bikes for Christmas
Took my daughter to Wal-Mart to check out bikes in her size. She was not with the peddling **** lol.

I think I'm still gonna get it for her, but def interested in how to get her to understand the concept of peddling. I think the bring the petal backwards and upwards is throwing her all kinds of off.

My daughter was born at 4.5 pounds and spent the first 7 days in Nicu. Thinks she was 7 pounds when they let her go home. My girl didn't breast feed for long (daughter wouldn't latch and pumping was brutal in terms of the schedule) but those first few weeks she did was clutch.
Crazy we have the same story. My lady water broke at 29 weeks with our daughter had to stay in the hospital until 34. Now she’s 26 weeks with son. Hopefully son patches on for breast feeding. As a man I never knew how demanding and time consuming breastfeeding is. I tip my hat to all women that manage to stick to it. I’m reallh hoping everything goes smooth with my son, my daughter took us through a lot. Best thing that ever happen to me tho.

Feels like it was just yesterday, I was in this thread nervous as hell asking questions about fatherhood. And how spooked I was.

Back
Top Bottom