Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Baby boy has a diaper rash and in his butt crack and it's painful for him. Doctor said to rinse him, pat dry and then put a lot of Desetin or Aquaphor to create a layer. He was in so much pain last night. :frown:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to care and help heal the rash?

I did a mix of Boudreaux’s butt paste, Lotrimin, and cortisone. Just mix a small batch and get a little spatula. It worked great for us.

my son wanted a snake for xmas but they’re illegal where we live so we took him to japan for vacation to do this. he saw whale sharks and pet sharks and sting rays at the aquarium, he pet deer at the park, but this was his favorite.
E385D4CF-19FF-4B2E-8D1F-71540597C8C8.jpeg

What are the essential sacrifice of a daddy?

Growing up I might have sonned a few myself, but I mean more genetical offsprings.

my son wanted a snake for xmas but they’re illegal where we live so we took him to japan for vacation to do this. he saw whale sharks and pet sharks and sting rays at the aquarium, he pet deer at the park, but this was his favorite.

I should call services on you.

Tryna get lil man accustomed to the vile creature that is a SNAKE!?

:smh::smh::smh::sick::sick::sick:

Anyway......

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

IMG_8040.jpg

So my son pees on me every time I put on a new diaper. He also decides to take a second dump when the new diaper is on him.

Still surreal I’m a father of two.

Yeah sounds about right. My daughter has only peed once while changing her. If she hasnt pooped though and we give her a fresh diaper she def gonna let loose in the new one

Lil man finessing his parents already :lol:

sup bros, merry christmas.

just an update as we've been trying to get pregnant, my wife recently had an ectopic pregnancy a month ago or so and it was pretty devastating.

i remember coming home frm the gym and she was recording me and in the bathroom was the positive preggo test, shed some tears and was so happy - our daughter is 6 btw so it was about time.

within a week or so she had some abd pain, went to the ER, had some U/S and yeah couldn't find the sac in the uterus ... such a painful exp, so my wife went through with the injections to break up whatever was in her tube, her hcg finally went to 0 so we were told we can try again in a couple months.

not the most religious person, but god always has a plan.

just wanted to share fellas, merry xmas.

just an update as we've been trying to get pregnant, my wife recently had an ectopic pregnancy a month ago or so and it was pretty devastating.

i remember coming home frm the gym and she was recording me and in the bathroom was the positive preggo test, shed some tears and was so happy - our daughter is 6 btw so it was about time.

within a week or so she had some abd pain, went to the ER, had some U/S and yeah couldn't find the sac in the uterus ... such a painful exp, so my wife went through with the injections to break up whatever was in her tube, her hcg finally went to 0 so we were told we can try again in a couple months.

Sorry to hear bro. Not religious either, but like you said, theres a plan.

good man. you cant change the circumstances but how you respond is everything. good luck my guy.

his perfect timing

For those with two or more kids, how did you guys make sure you weren't neglecting them or showing 'favoritism' to their newborn sibling?

i'm interested in those answers too. i can already tell my son gets a little thrown off when i do stuff for the unborn baby like buy a girly outfit, stuffed animal, or even read to her in my wife's belly. what i started doing was including my son in stuff like choosing an outfit for his sister or we can take turns reading. i know it's gonna be tough for him when she comes though.

For those with two or more kids, how did you guys make sure you weren't neglecting them or showing 'favoritism' to their newborn sibling?

i'm interested in those answers too. i can already tell my son gets a little thrown off when i do stuff for the unborn baby like buy a girly outfit, stuffed animal, or even read to her in my wife's belly. what i started doing was including my son in stuff like choosing an outfit for his sister or we can take turns reading. i know it's gonna be tough for him when she comes though.

Talking to them, making sure that when you do something for one you are "even" with doing something with the other. Got a 2 and 4yr olds and they basically twins. Everything we get we get the other either the same or matching. Our 12 year old has been told and we've had conversations about keeping us accountable when it comes to making sure things are "even".

Just had a convo with my wife about the amount of Christmas gifts my moms sent for our girls making what we got for our son drastically outweighed. So we made sure we got a few more things and made sure to hold a few gifts from the girls just to keep things as close to fair as possible

We have three...

A 5 year old girl, 3 year old girl, and a 10 month old boy

At this point, it’s typically my wife has the baby and I have the girls

'Parent Corner' 2018 Special Edition | The Bill Simmons Podcast (Ep. 461)
HBO and The Ringer's Bill Simmons presents every parent corner with Cousin Sal from weeks one through seventeen of the 2018 NFL season.

Listening to 'Parent Corner' 2018 Special Edition | The Bill Simmons Podcast (Ep. 461) from The Bill Simmons Podcast. http://podbay.fm/show/1043699613/e/1545978705

Son broke out the shadows for spider verse
20181227_114217.jpg

His stance on point.

What are you guys using for convertible car seats? I really want the uppababy knox but the wait is too long. Reading up on on the nuna rava now...any experiences?

Just spent all night at the hospital because my sons doctor prescribed him the wrong dosage of medication :smh:

One of the most terrifying days of my life :smh: :smh:

Blessed and beyond happy my boy is ok though.

Just spent all night at the hospital because my sons doctor prescribed him the wrong dosage of medication :smh:

One of the most terrifying days of my life :smh: :smh:

Blessed and beyond happy my boy is ok though.
Wow, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. How could that even happen?? Smh.

I'm glad your boy is doing okay.

Wow, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. How could that even happen?? Smh.

I'm glad your boy is doing okay.

Thanks fam, and yeah no idea tbh. He came down with a really bad cough with a ton of congestion right before Christmas so we took him to urgent care the day after Xmas.

They prescribed him 10x the single dosage that is suggested for his age (4yrs). They pretty much prescribed him an adult dosage every 4 hours :smh:

Luckily his mother and I noticed the odd effects it was having on him after the 2nd dose so we stopped and took him to the hospital just to make sure he was fine. Luckily he was

Poison control said the pharmacy should have caught the misdosage when filling the prescription so I’ll be filing a complaint for the pharmacy and the doctor at the urgent care today

Back
Top Bottom