Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

nah. I would’ve killed him. But that’s clearly the norm because the little girl wasn’t tripping at all lol
I do this with both my 4 year old daughter and 3 year old son lol my son always wants to go higher, my wife and mom both be tripping though.

any of you parents have kids that love lego? why the 🤬 is that 🤬 so expensive 😂
we have a decent amount of regular lego pieces for the kids to make their own designs but my son loves building the sets - especially star wars. last night we went to the lego store and my son got this one. my wife is explaining that it cost one hour of her salary to buy that thing. the look on my son’s face was like....only one hour? that’s nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️
87BDF828-84E8-4B71-BDF8-B38A5C7AC69B.jpeg

:lol:
any of you parents have kids that love lego? why the 🤬 is that 🤬 so expensive 😂
we have a decent amount of regular lego pieces for the kids to make their own designs but my son loves building the sets - especially star wars. last night we went to the lego store and my son got this one. my wife is explaining that it cost one hour of her salary to buy that thing. the look on my son’s face was like....only one hour? that’s nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️
87BDF828-84E8-4B71-BDF8-B38A5C7AC69B.jpeg
Man my son is 4 and I got him a few Lego boxes last year. He loves it...and not gonna lie...that **** brought me back to my childhood. It's real fun/addicting to build ....about to scoop this up tomorrow "for my son" :lol:
s-l400.jpg

Brought home our daughter on Saturday. My toddler son was cool with her for the first day but now doesn’t really want anything to do with her. I been making sure to spend a lot of time with him and give him my undivided attention, wife too. Any other tips, or just time?

Brought home our daughter on Saturday. My toddler son was cool with her for the first day but now doesn’t really want anything to do with her. I been making sure to spend a lot of time with him and give him my undivided attention, wife too. Any other tips, or just time?

Yeah just time bro. My two youngest are separated by 2 years but, they are inseparable at their current age (3 and 5).

Congrats brother!

Yeah just time bro. My two youngest are separated by 2 years but, they are inseparable at their current age (3 and 5).

Congrats brother!
I’m hoping these two will be too. It can be heartbreaking right now to see him sad and upset, since he’s been our world for 3 years almost now. Just trying to let him know it’s ok and that we still love him.

I think time and make him feel like he is helping. Like hey can you be a great big brother and read to your sister or help me change her diaper.

We just had another boy and we started their relationship (with my 3 year old) by giving our older son a gift from the baby. We also allowed him to pick out a gift he wanted to give his little brother. And everything we do for the baby we ask our son to help so he always feels included and important to the baby. So far he adores him.

Anyone have any suggestions on cartoons with a "decent" message (no blonde haired blue eyed princesses pls) for my girls? They are 5, 4 and 3. I don't make them watch any tv. I rather they play together, read, draw stuff like that. I just let them watch cartoons when we do their hair on Sunday. They are getting sick of Moana and some sesame street episodes are iffy for my taste. Just asking for suggestions. Thx

I think time and make him feel like he is helping. Like hey can you be a great big brother and read to your sister or help me change her diaper.

We just had another boy and we started their relationship (with my 3 year old) by giving our older son a gift from the baby. We also allowed him to pick out a gift he wanted to give his little brother. And everything we do for the baby we ask our son to help so he always feels included and important to the baby. So far he adores him.

Agreed. Everytime we brought a new baby home we made the toddlers feel like part of the team. "Bring me a diaper please, can you put her socks on? " We implicated the older sisters so much I blame them for spoiling my youngest. Also, this is a process we start while mommy has the baby in her belly. We are all in this together.

Anyone have any suggestions on cartoons with a "decent" message (no blonde haired blue eyed princesses pls) for my girls? They are 5, 4 and 3. I don't make them watch any tv. I rather they play together, read, draw stuff like that. I just let them watch cartoons when we do their hair on Sunday. They are getting sick of Moana and some sesame street episodes are iffy for my taste. Just asking for suggestions. Thx

Did a quick google since were not big on by either but:

Sema
Proud family
Doc mcstuffins
Craig of the creek
Ubongo kids
Bino and fino
Motown magic
Sara solves it
Esme and Roy
Nella and the Princess knight

again I’ve never watched but check them out.

Just a quick scrolll though Disney +

The Princess and The Frog
Doc McStuffins
Home
Soul (a lot of people loved this film but I didnt get it)
Proud Family
Disney's Tarzan
Lion King (the Beyonce'n'em version)
Marvel Rising, Heart of Iron
Ferdinand (Mexican)
Aladdin (Arabic?)
Jungle Book
Sheriff Callie (aracial)
Raya The Last Dragon (Asian, my daughter loves these though)
Vampirina (she's purple, has a black friend tho)
Elena of Avalor (Mexican)
Lilo and Stitch (Hawaiian but still not white)
Mulan (Asian)
Coco (Mexican)
Zootopia (theyre animals)

IRL movies

Ann (the version with Jamie Foxx and black Annie)
Cinderella (the Brandy and Whitney Houston one)
I liked the Disney Sing A Longs they did too with lots of celebrities and voice actors

Did a quick google since were not big on by either but:

Sema
Proud family
Doc mcstuffins
Craig of the creek
Ubongo kids
Bino and fino
Motown magic
Sara solves it
Esme and Roy
Nella and the Princess knight

again I’ve never watched but check them out.

I'll give them a viewing to see if it's something I want them to consume. Thanks for this.

My favorite is Coco. I absolutely love that film

Daniel Tiger

5 year old may soon grow out of it though

Was looking for some rain jackets for the girls. Passed by a sample sale this morning didn't think I'd find them there but gave it a shot. Come to find out all they had there was rain coats haha. $40 each. The small one for my soon to come baby girl (end of June) was 20$. If you're in Montreal QC the sale is on till Sunday. Google premium retail group.

20210416_153320.jpg

Screenshot_20210416-153359_Video Player.jpg

mannnnn i’m glad you guys bumped this thread. been having some rough times at work and the only thing keeping me grounded is my fam. gotta remember that i’m providing for them.

my son finished his latest lego set. i helped him on a few spots and we had to undo some of the stuff i helped with 😂
that **** gets challenging.
CDA8DB1E-440C-4B99-8111-587278EB96B0.jpeg

and i wake up and hold my baby girl ❤❤
0BE66F7D-AAFF-4545-87CD-00168944F505.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom