Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Anyone have any suggestions on cartoons with a "decent" message (no blonde haired blue eyed princesses pls) for my girls? They are 5, 4 and 3. I don't make them watch any tv. I rather they play together, read, draw stuff like that. I just let them watch cartoons when we do their hair on Sunday. They are getting sick of Moana and some sesame street episodes are iffy for my taste. Just asking for suggestions. Thx
Don't know if these are what you're looking for but:
- Zootopia
- Cars 1, 2, 3
- Antz
- Coco
- Moana
- The Lego Movie

No princesses in any of them; actually, out of that list of movies, there's hardly even any humans. lol

I'd say Moana, Zootopia, and Antz have the strongest messages, even if kids don't fully grasp them. Then The Lego Movie and the Cars movies are maybe weaker on the messages, but super entertaining.

The Lego Movie is my son's favorite kid's movie. I think it's just a nice kid's movie and we crack up every time we watch it, which is MANY times.

-foe

Went back for the rest of the set

20210418_115640.jpg

Attachments

• 20210418_113505.jpg
    20210418_113505.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 43
Had an interesting convo pop up at work.

Fellas at what age do you guys let the kids handle mothers day and you're completely hands off? Coworker dropped a "my wife's my wife, shes not my mom" on me. I was like
233647_reaction.gif

But his kids are grown. So i get it from that aspect. But at the same time, I dont think that day would ever be a non-acknowledgment day for my wife. Shes not my mother, but she is the mother of my kids. Seems like that should be worth acknowledgement.

daughter just turned two last weekend. she’s wayyyy different from her brother at this age. she’s super punchy. loves her daddy a lot. vocabulary is much smaller. almost potty trained - not the poop yet. doesn’t really cry much when she falls down. more athletic. draws on furniture. throws her toys. touches dangerous ****. she’s daddy’s little heart attack.
7A9C8507-D545-4426-B1E7-DCD401BC119E.jpeg

daughter just turned two last weekend. she’s wayyyy different from her brother at this age. she’s super punchy. loves her daddy a lot. vocabulary is much smaller. almost potty trained - not the poop yet. doesn’t really cry much when she falls down. more athletic. draws on furniture. throws her toys. touches dangerous ****. she’s daddy’s little heart attack.
7A9C8507-D545-4426-B1E7-DCD401BC119E.jpeg
Siblings are different. Sucks when parents try and mold their kids the same. Especially the personality part. All mines are unique in their own special way. From newborn to learning how to drive. That **** is locked in downloaded and keeps me grounded and happy.

hell yeah wayniac211 wayniac211
my wife and i love that they’re different and we ain’t tryna raise no robots!
Eldest daughter is an old soul gma and other daughter is a straight up diva general..,
Eldest son thinks he’s Don Juan, youngest son is handymanny and second youngest is Winnie the Pooh chill 🤪
Their differences are hilarious when their all together.

What's up everyone?

I've dreamt of the day I can come in here and chop it up with all you dad's. Wife is due in 4 weeks. Been reading, watching YT videos, talking to fam, basically just trying to soak in all the info I can.

Any book, video, podcast, forum, or tip you guys suggest?

Thanks a billion.

PS, does NT have a thread for just baby products and reviews?

What's up everyone?

I've dreamt of the day I can come in here and chop it up with all you dad's. Wife is due in 4 weeks. Been reading, watching YT videos, talking to fam, basically just trying to soak in all the info I can.

Thanks a billion.

congrats!

I suggest Niketalk

What's up everyone?

Thanks a billion.

All babies need is food, sleep and a lot of love. With a bit of patience you'll be fine. Books videos can help I guess but trust yourself. It sounds weird but we really are animals, meaning your parental instincts will kick in. Just enjoy and take alot of pics/vids because time flies.

Listen to your wife lmao.

Hasn’t led me astray as a first time dad 2 years ago. Now expecting my second in less then 2 months.

but frfr - all about that sleep training (takingcarababies I think) for ours and babies sanity. But tbh we probably got lucky with a good sleeper and water. Who knows.

there’s a ton of great info throughout this thread but i was thinking about this the other day. both my son and daughter were very poor sleepers. they liked to breastfeed constantly at night (and in the day lol). there were points where i was exhausted (i can’t even imagine how my wife felt) and it seems like it will be like that forever in the moment. now my son is 8 and my baby girl just turned 2 and they love to sleep in. bedtime is around 830-9ish and on the weekend, they’ll sleep until 8 or later if we let them. the point being that i know there will probably be some rough nights but it’ll pass even though it may seem like it’s never ending.

also, you can read, watch youtube, get advice and whatever but that’s YOUR kid and you and your wife will be the ones to come up with your own strategies to parent your kid and what other people say really doesn’t matter.

Man, my daughter hardly ever slept through the night as a baby or toddler. Now she's 6, just hit summer break, wants to watch tv til 2 a.m. and wake up at 9 a.m.

My 3 year old son on the other hand slept through the night fine until about a year ago. Now, at about 1:30 a.m. every ****ing night he walks over to our room and hops in our bed. Son tries to get all into the ribcage too. Not just next to you. Up under you. I dont even care at this point. I'm waking up in 2.5 hours anyway.

Man, my daughter hardly ever slept through the night as a baby or toddler. Now she's 6, just hit summer break, wants to watch tv til 2 a.m. and wake up at 9 a.m.

My 3 year old son on the other hand slept through the night fine until about a year ago. Now, at about 1:30 a.m. every ****ing night he walks over to our room and hops in our bed. Son tries to get all into the ribcage too. Not just next to you. Up under you. I dont even care at this point. I'm waking up in 2.5 hours anyway.
Sounds like my 2 year old son lol. But since he still sleeps in our bed, he chooses to sleep as close to me as possible. So I'm practically at the edge with my son, while my wife gets 3/4ths of the bed.

Then I get the occasional heel kicks to the crotch in the middle the night or a slap to the face. Smh.

Sounds like my 2 year old son lol. But since he still sleeps in our bed, he chooses to sleep as close to me as possible. So I'm practically at the edge with my son, while my wife gets 3/4ths of the bed.

Then I get the occasional heel kicks to the crotch in the middle the night or a slap to the face. Smh.
same here. it’s like a karate match in the bed at night :lol:

Back
Top Bottom