Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

My 4 year old is breaking my heart man. She is having the worst time adjusting to school. Running away from teachers, throwing things in class, hitting, not listening smh been at school for 1.5 weeks and we've been called 3 times and has picked up her first suspension. Luckily enough I'm out on leave so it's not an inconvenience. But man she's the sweetest lil girl but idk what it is about this school but she is really struggling. At daycare she had a few incidents but they were usually spaced out and "smaller".

We're at home now and I've been working with her on her numbers and letters while also trying to teach her that classroom etiquette. Just hoping what I'm doing sticks with her. Will say using the Google Keep app to get her to trace her letters and numbers works really well

my 3.5 year old just started her first year of preschool a week ago

there is a little of adjustment...she's still w/ some of the kids from rooms in the past and the room where she has before and after care

I wish they didn't transition her into a new before and after care room at the same time as her pre k starting

she's done ok w/ it but not as good as her sister but she seems chippy everyday when I pick her up...It has just made morning a little worse which sucks cause now I'm taking her four days a week instead of two

hope it gets better for you daughter...was she in a different building before or stay at home?

My 4 year old is breaking my heart man. She is having the worst time adjusting to school. Running away from teachers, throwing things in class, hitting, not listening smh been at school for 1.5 weeks and we've been called 3 times and has picked up her first suspension. Luckily enough I'm out on leave so it's not an inconvenience. But man she's the sweetest lil girl but idk what it is about this school but she is really struggling. At daycare she had a few incidents but they were usually spaced out and "smaller".

We're at home now and I've been working with her on her numbers and letters while also trying to teach her that classroom etiquette. Just hoping what I'm doing sticks with her. Will say using the Google Keep app to get her to trace her letters and numbers works really well
can u got to class with her for a few days
to help her
she'll get it
its just an adjustment

can u got to class with her for a few days
to help her
she'll get it
its just an adjustment

Im going incognito Tuesday and watching her to see what's going on. We had been asking about doing that since the first phone call but they was tryna handle it in house first. But Imma see what's the goings on.

This process of her adjusting is rough. Never thought I'd have a bad kid, even if it's just the first couple of weeks of school

71CB555A-6407-4615-B8DB-17FE5063A1D6.jpeg

Im going incognito Tuesday and watching her to see what's going on. We had been asking about doing that since the first phone call but they was tryna handle it in house first. But Imma see what's the goings on.

This process of her adjusting is rough. Never thought I'd have a bad kid, even if it's just the first couple of weeks of school
also
the school may just not be for her
something to remember to
whats the ethnic makeup of the class
sometimes schools will make a minority
feel like a minority
when in elementary and pre k
that shouldnt even be the case

also
the school may just not be for her
something to remember to
whats the ethnic makeup of the class
sometimes schools will make a minority
feel like a minority
when in elementary and pre k
that shouldnt even be the case

Sitting in here today its a combination of bad fitting teaching style and her being hard headed. The teacher is Spanish speaking and she is teaching the kids Spanish but it seems so advanced for Kindergarteners that I feel like it's too much. At least for my baby cause she's not engaged much. She also has a big difficulty in being corrected or told her work is wrong. She shuts down pretty much completely and has to be reset.

I'm taking notes more detailed than I ever have in any level of school watching her today. Supposedly she has most her issues in the afternoon so it's kinda a waiting game to see if things take a worse turn

lmfao

My son has a trigger thumb and has to have surgery in two weeks. It's a quick operation, but still...

aw poor dude. how old is he?

Sitting in here today its a combination of bad fitting teaching style and her being hard headed. The teacher is Spanish speaking and she is teaching the kids Spanish but it seems so advanced for Kindergarteners that I feel like it's too much. At least for my baby cause she's not engaged much. She also has a big difficulty in being corrected or told her work is wrong. She shuts down pretty much completely and has to be reset.

I'm taking notes more detailed than I ever have in any level of school watching her today. Supposedly she has most her issues in the afternoon so it's kinda a waiting game to see if things take a worse turn

is it a spanish immersion program? if not why is she speaking spanish?

is it a spanish immersion program? if not why is she speaking spanish?

It's her homeroom class. I assume to objective is after a bunch of repetition they will pick up on the language. They are doing Chinese the same way. Chinese is worse because these kids do not respect this teacher and she's basically satisfied with a couple of kids being engaged in class. She has no control over this class.

It's taking so much in me to not correct the whole class to get them in order

It's her homeroom class. I assume to objective is after a bunch of repetition they will pick up on the language. They are doing Chinese the same way. Chinese is worse because these kids do not respect this teacher and she's basically satisfied with a couple of kids being engaged in class. She has no control over this class.

It's taking so much in me to not correct the whole class to get them in order

o ok so its a part of the curriculum. I thought she was just flying off the handle. Have you engaged the principal/school counselors?

time is going by quickly. my baby girl makes 4 months today. took her to the beach yesterday and she didn’t really like it. my son is in first grade and we’re trying to make sure he gets attention too. he’s definitely growing up to become his own person. being a parent is such a privilege.
BFCAF7C5-4584-428F-BA61-A192015AD053.jpeg

time is going by quickly. my baby girl makes 4 months today. took her to the beach yesterday and she didn’t really like it. my son is in first grade and we’re trying to make sure he gets attention too. he’s definitely growing up to become his own person. being a parent is such a privilege.
BFCAF7C5-4584-428F-BA61-A192015AD053.jpeg
i have never seen that clear of ocean water
bay area so trash :lol:

o ok so its a part of the curriculum. I thought she was just flying off the handle. Have you engaged the principal/school counselors?

I mean she's speaking Spanish 70% of the time minimum so I can see how a 100% English speaking Kindergartener could zone out and think they not talking to them.

Been speaking with the vice principal and they are very patient with her and we are appreciative of that. Main thing is the running out to the doors that is unacceptable. The behavior stuff can be changed. Got a bunch of work to be done in the house that will have to overflow out to school. Having a stubborn 4yr old is stressful

:lol: that water is in waikiki and considered a little dirty by local standards. there’s a break wall around that beach area and it’s pretty shallow too so i just give him a gopro and let my son go do whatever he wants with minimal supervision - he has a blast.

:lol: that water is in waikiki and considered a little dirty by local standards. there’s a break wall around that beach area and it’s pretty shallow too so i just give him a gopro and let my son go do whatever he wants with minimal supervision - he has a blast.
:rofl:
thats considered dirty???
maaaaaaan u could drink that :lol:

mannnn.....my wife insisted on taking a first day pic in the same place we did last year and that happens to be on the football field which is kinda far from the k-6 classrooms. my lazyass was complaining about the walk.

Back
Top Bottom