Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Obi would surely be amicable to a trade to the Cavs. He got a starting spot waiting & has Ohio ties beyond schooling. The Cavs were high on Obi & apparently even looked at Kevin Knox pre-draft. I think this trade is feasible, to say the least. Have to see what other teams might offer as all.

Then the Knicks can still make a play for a big contract this season or next. Currently pining for a Sex/RJ/Simmons/Randle/Mitch starting 5. The potential is dynastic. Team would be running the East in 2-3 seasons. That backcourt putting up 50 a night. Point forwards leading the team in assists. Championship level defense with Thibbs and those athletes.

More realistic: Duncan Robinson, Kelly Oubre, or another young 3 who can shoot will suffice at 3. Having the best shooter in the game, Robinson, with playmakers is enticing as well.

*wholeheartedly believes “The Fresh Prince” can hurdle this mental wall that prevents him from shooting. But NYC probably not the best city for that smh.

Off topic. And probably none of my business. But Frank needa worry about remaining in the NBA more than high fashion and his wardrobe.

Cause if he don't got no bread or future in the league, he can't afford none of it.

Just like Shump overly focusing on rapping.
Now he has neither.
I read this in a "Big Unc" voice :lol:

1626544974148.jpeg

If we trade for Sexton.
What assets are you throwing for Simmons?
So many stars would have to align but IQ, Noel/Mitch, Fiba Frank + a future pick(s). Mans stock is so low, no one is trading centerpieces for Ben Simmons.
017BFCDD-F1D6-4E4B-AB95-CCAEB37B28BB.png
Up in the air as far as which center to retain. Portland would do well with a full rebuild adding IQ, Mitch & X Factor Frank. And Philly would certainly be motivated to have Nerlens back. They couldn’t care less where Ben goes. Portland certainly can’t build AROUND him & he’d be their best player once the dust settles. Add a couple futures to Portland 🤷 Just keep 2 from this draft.

All sides should be motivated to get this done once Dame finally decides to drop the mixtape.

We can trade for Sexton but idk about Simmons right after. Id rather make a trade for sexton and sign Lavine next season. Instead of wasting all assets cause we won’t have players but picks to throw at Philly for Simmons.

Trade for Sexton & sign Derozon/Danny Green for a 1+1 contract. Next year we sign Lavine in the off-season

if we want Simmons, we’d have to throw in Mitch and keep Noel. But I think PHI will have better offers.

So starting 2021:
Mitch
Randle
Derozan/ Danny Green/ Ariza type player
RJ
Sexton

Starting 2022:
Mitch
Randle
Rj
Lavine
Sexton

Oh for sure Simmons is a long shot. But since the kid is clearly out there to be had, make a call, say what’s up & check the temperature. Idk who is Ben’s agent but if he has any pull, I’d rather play in NYC long before Portland.

Sexton + Oubre I like. Robinson, as well. Norman Powell is a pro. A few options out there or keep Reggie one more year & draft Duarte.

Instead of Sexton, what if we matched Lonzo contract which means we keep all assets. Then we use the Obi/Knox and pick package for Simmons?

Mitch - Randle - Simmons - RJ - Lonzo.

4 players capable of making plays but it’ll hurt to have a 3 who can’t shoot. Teams can pack up on Randle cause Simmons and Mitch isn’t shooting

What would it take to get Duncan Robinson?

I like Sexton/Lonzo + Powell combo

Last edited:
Defense would be tops in the league with Zo & Ben. Idk if my heart can take both projects. RJ & Julius have to take massive steps to still be options 1a 1b. Rose ain’t getting any younger. I’ll pass on both & take Sexton & Robinson before pairing them at this time.

Robinson would cost you cap space only. Miami would have to match a likely high high offer, probably around 75-80 over 4 years.

Instead of Sexton, what if we matched Lonzo contract which means we keep all assets. Then we use the Obi/Knox and pick package for Simmons?

Mitch - Randle - Simmons - RJ - Lonzo.

4 players capable of making plays but it’ll hurt to have a 3 who can’t shoot. Teams can pack up on Randle cause Simmons and Mitch isn’t shooting

What would it take to get Duncan Robinson?

I like Sexton/Lonzo + Powell combo

i don't think its a good idea to have Lonzo and Ben. as you said, we'd have 3 starters that can't shoot. in today's game, teams have 4 starting capable shooters. lack of shooting is what killed us in the ATL series, since they just loaded up on Randle's side and didn't have to worry about the swing. i think Norman Powell is an UFA, so he should be on the radar for sure.

Sexton/DRose
Powell/IQ
RJ/Bullock
Randle/?
Mitch/Noel

i'm assuming we either let Frank walk or maybe sign him to a 1 year deal. Knox and Obi will probably be the package for Sexton.

i don't think its a good idea to have Lonzo and Ben. as you said, we'd have 3 starters that can't shoot. in today's game, teams have 4 starting capable shooters. lack of shooting is what killed us in the ATL series, since they just loaded up on Randle's side and didn't have to worry about the swing. i think Norman Powell is an UFA, so he should be on the radar for sure.

Sexton/DRose
Powell/IQ
RJ/Bullock
Randle/?
Mitch/Noel

i'm assuming we either let Frank walk or maybe sign him to a 1 year deal. Knox and Obi will probably be the package for Sexton.
Noel is going to get paid somewhere, I don't he's back and depending on what we do in the draft with the remaining picks we can possibly fill in some gaps

Noel is going to get paid somewhere, I don't he's back and depending on what we do in the draft with the remaining picks we can possibly fill in some gaps

we have the cap space to retain him. We’re really only paying Randle. I assume one of our FRPs will be given up in a Sexton deal. But like I said, we have cap to fill the roster with solid role players.

Shump got Teyana Taylor & is a family man. He’s an NBA champion. He chilling.

Frank has neither. No comparing the Knick that has a couple fanboys swallowing his chowder but other than that they boy ain’t ****, to the originator of the #Knickstape.

Fun times

Lebron looking for someone to put him on a wagon and carry him to the chip now.
That’s been Lebrons thing, get other superstars on the team so he’s not to blame if they don’t win. I still remember when he Had Kyrie and a Good Kevin Love with JR and a Young Tristan and some other players and still said he didn’t have enough help.

Back
Top Bottom