*OFFICIAL* OFWGKTA

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I'm assuming all the songs posted in here were their best songs? I just went through all 19 pages and I must be missing something. Novacane was the only song I could even remotely tolerate.

Why would you assume that? Tyler & friends have something like 5 tapes with 15+ songs on each tape. The songs that were posted throughout the thread were songs that other enjoyed due to their own personal preference. 

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Earl is the only one with standout rap talent in that posse and he's in juvie. Some of Tyler's beats are great, some suck, but he's solid for the most part. Good rap voice, but he isnt too great an mc. The rest are just bored teenagers saying %*$% for pure shock value.

I can't help but feel like they're just a fad right now tho. People are on them because everyone's talking about them. Not because they're particularly great.

The Earl tape is good. I like Tyler and what I've heard of Frank Ocean is cool, but I can't give an honest opinion yet. Everything else they've done is kinda mediocre.

I've seen them live though, and theyre incredible. they literally incite riots.
No offense dude but it seems like you haven't really heard enough of their material to make these opinions... not trying to call you out or something but I feel Tyler is a good mc, just listen to "Super Market" on the Domo Genesis tape to get an idea of how creative he can be...
Also, I have no idea how you can think Hodgy Beats is mediocore if you've listened to the MellowHype tapes...

I'm assuming all the songs posted in here were their best songs? I just went through all 19 pages and I must be missing something. Novacane was the only song I could even remotely tolerate.

"A gang of wolves and creeps and crips as deep as Dawson's Creek and @#+%."

Earl is a $+%#@%$ problem.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Earl is the only one with standout rap talent in that posse and he's in juvie. Some of Tyler's beats are great, some suck, but he's solid for the most part. Good rap voice, but he isnt too great an mc. The rest are just bored teenagers saying %*$% for pure shock value.

I can't help but feel like they're just a fad right now tho. People are on them because everyone's talking about them. Not because they're particularly great.

The Earl tape is good. I like Tyler and what I've heard of Frank Ocean is cool, but I can't give an honest opinion yet. Everything else they've done is kinda mediocre.

No offense dude but it seems like you haven't really heard enough of their material to make these opinions... not trying to call you out or something but I feel Tyler is a good mc, just listen to "Super Market" on the Domo Genesis tape to get an idea of how creative he can be...
Also, I have no idea how you can think Hodgy Beats is mediocore if you've listened to the MellowHype tapes...

"A gang of wolves and creeps and crips as deep as Dawson's Creek and @#+%."

Earl is a $+%#@%$ problem.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SirDilbert2k10

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...lf-Gang-Kill-------.html

I made one of the first (if not the original) Official Odd Future thread here on NT last September.

I've been checking for them for a while and heard a lot of their music.  I like Tyler.  I've heard a bunch of Hodgy's stuff.  There's just absolutely nothing exceptional about their music.  I can understand people arguing for Tyler due to the fact that he IS so creative and did start the whole movement, it's just, people are kidding themselves when they hype this #!%# up yet in the same breath criticize so many other rappers out.

Originally Posted by SirDilbert2k10

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...lf-Gang-Kill-------.html

I made one of the first (if not the original) Official Odd Future thread here on NT last September.

I've been checking for them for a while and heard a lot of their music.  I like Tyler.  I've heard a bunch of Hodgy's stuff.  There's just absolutely nothing exceptional about their music.  I can understand people arguing for Tyler due to the fact that he IS so creative and did start the whole movement, it's just, people are kidding themselves when they hype this #!%# up yet in the same breath criticize so many other rappers out.

Also, just for comparisons sake, peep the responses in that thread compared to what people are saying now.

what's changed? not the music...

Also, just for comparisons sake, peep the responses in that thread compared to what people are saying now.

what's changed? not the music...

Why are people surprised people like OF after the Yonkers video and Fallon? Yonkers is the best video they've put out and Fallon was one of the best TV show live music moments. Outside of Tyler no one has any real skill. They sound like all the dudes I knew in High School who rap. And even Tyler +#*$+ up sometimes cause he can't stay on topic. His verse on Orange Juice and Bastard (the song) are VERY APPRECIATED tho
pimp.gif

Why are people surprised people like OF after the Yonkers video and Fallon? Yonkers is the best video they've put out and Fallon was one of the best TV show live music moments. Outside of Tyler no one has any real skill. They sound like all the dudes I knew in High School who rap. And even Tyler +#*$+ up sometimes cause he can't stay on topic. His verse on Orange Juice and Bastard (the song) are VERY APPRECIATED tho
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

pimp.gif

Ehh...I don't believe this at all.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

pimp.gif

Ehh...I don't believe this at all.

Maybe on the production tip some of them are cool, but I haven't heard one...NOT one bar from anyone outside of Tyler and Earl that made me go WOW. And I can't really $*%# with Earl but recognize raw talent.

Wait I take that back.... I did like when Hodgy said "they told me God was the answer but when i ask him for !*$# i get no answer/ so God is the cancer!"

Maybe on the production tip some of them are cool, but I haven't heard one...NOT one bar from anyone outside of Tyler and Earl that made me go WOW. And I can't really $*%# with Earl but recognize raw talent.

Wait I take that back.... I did like when Hodgy said "they told me God was the answer but when i ask him for !*$# i get no answer/ so God is the cancer!"

Back
Top Bottom