Official PC thread.

^ Be on the lookout for pre-builts being sold on Slickdeals. I've seen a few on sale lately for really great prices.

I recommend Lenovo or Dell.

Got a problem... My laptop says it's connected to a WiFi network and has a strong signal. However I can't access the Internet. All my settings are correct, from what I can tell.

Any suggestions? Possible virus?

Try calling your ISP and tell them to reset your IP address.

I had a situation where I got up from my computer and 5 minutes later when I returned, I could not access the internet yet I was still connected to my wifi network.

Info on keyboard?

I'm trying to clone my last SSD but having a little trouble. At first it wouldn't work at all due to a bad sector but after a few days running chkdsk it seemed to sort that - and the software I've been using (EaseTodo) said the clone was successful but when I swap the drive in it won't load Windows - I get an error saying winload.exe is missing or corrupt.

That should be repairable with the Windows DVD but this is my little netbook I use when travelling so there's no drive - and I don't have a disc just a recovery partition (and it's now W10 not the original 7).

Anyone got any ideas how to solve this one? Can you put the repair stuff on a USB stick and boot from that?

I have an ultrawide I work.. man ultrawides are a beauty. Considering replacing my 3 monitor setup at home for 1 34in ultrawide

Last edited:
is anyone on windows10 still having a hard time with drivers? my laptop has a GT740m and im pretty sure its not functioning well cus of the drivers.

I'm trying to clone my last SSD but having a little trouble. At first it wouldn't work at all due to a bad sector but after a few days running chkdsk it seemed to sort that - and the software I've been using (EaseTodo) said the clone was successful but when I swap the drive in it won't load Windows - I get an error saying winload.exe is missing or corrupt.

That should be repairable with the Windows DVD but this is my little netbook I use when travelling so there's no drive - and I don't have a disc just a recovery partition (and it's now W10 not the original 7).

Anyone got any ideas how to solve this one? Can you put the repair stuff on a USB stick and boot from that?

you should be able to make a bootable USB with Win10 on it and run the repair utility from that

you should be able to make a bootable USB with Win10 on it and run the repair utility from that

Thanks, that really helped. I gave up trying to repair the errors as I wasn't getting anywhere. Still couldn't get a successful clone so I decided to just do a fresh install - but it wouldn't let me with an OEM licence.

On Wednesday I bought a licence for w7 for $30. Installed it using USB and right now it's updating to W10.

Finally, only took me a month of fiddling around. Just a few things to reinstall.

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
No, softwaregeeks.co.uk. Emailed the code practically instantly. A lot of places seem to sell OEM codes but I had that already - I needed a fresh one. Worked easily once I had the USB install files.

Sick build man, can probably run anything and everything buttery smooth. How are the temps under load? The last time I had a dual card setup in crossfire I always had trouble with high temps :/

papi think he flexin with da 980 ti's in sli and da mouse on da left side but we aint catching no feels over here with da pos 750 ti holding back da upgrade to one of those 4k korean monitors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom