Official PC thread.

Def something atleast 2k, 144hz, freesync/g-sync compatible, a lot options out there depending on the size you want.

Yeah def get the 1 ms response time if you can, you don't know what you'll notice till you notice, everyone is different. Personally I can't distinguish response times that low, 1 or 5 doesn't matter to me, but some folks can.

Yeah def get the 1 ms response time if you can, you don't know what you'll notice till you notice, everyone is different. Personally I can't distinguish response times that low, 1 or 5 doesn't matter to me, but some folks can.
Whats out there right now at a good price. Might just buy two ans figure the rest later.

M Mark Antony

This joint came baxk in stock.

Got it.

So free sync is the best monitors for the Intel/3080 right? Or is it GSync?

Not convinced with this ****, but desperate.

Hopefully something better comes along before the return policy is up.
Gsync is better, native support built for nvidia cards with better features but it's like a $400 premium added.

A couple resources that explain it better:

Yeah man .. I forgot which one was what?

I'm going with a GSync compatible joint. Not sure with. Maybe something like this

Or something a like. What you think?

Gsync compatible is fine, it's just NVIDIA gpus using freesync. Native Gsync monitors (chip) cost a premium, and not a ton of manufacturers are including them anymore. Technically native is better, but not worth the price difference in most cases.

If you want an LG and want to save some moolah, consider the LG 27GL83a off Amazon. www.amazon.com/LG-27GL83A-B-Ultragear-Compatible-Monitor/dp/B07YGZL8XF

I scooped this up myself over Black Friday www.amazon.com/Pixio-Display-FreeSync-Esports-Monitor/dp/B08FXZVJH6

Gsync compatible is fine, it's just NVIDIA gpus using freesync. Native Gsync monitors (chip) cost a premium, and not a ton of manufacturers are including them anymore. Technically native is better, but not worth the price difference in most cases.

If you want an LG and want to save some moolah, consider the LG 27GL83a off Amazon. www.amazon.com/LG-27GL83A-B-Ultragear-Compatible-Monitor/dp/B07YGZL8XF

I scooped this up myself over Black Friday www.amazon.com/Pixio-Display-FreeSync-Esports-Monitor/dp/B08FXZVJH6
Man those look nice but won't ship until after xmas.

Only bought the PC because i would get it before.

I'm already thinking about returning if can find a reasonable deal or upgrading the RAM, MB, Power Supply, Fans and Case. Basically paid for the chip and VideoCard.

**** with the premium the 3080 is going for I'd sell the GPU and see how low you can get the rest of the rig for, how old is your other computer?

I’ve got a Dell Inspiron with an i7-1165G7 with the intel iris xe graphics, and 12 gb Ram. I’ve never played games on a laptop/pc. You guys think I could run some modern games/ game pass on this?

With the new rig getting here Thursday, I been looking for monitors.

I want to max out the output of the 10900k / 3080 .

So far I have been looking at the

Acer XB273X
HP OMEN 8AC94AA#ABA
Alinware AW2720HF

What do you guys think?

If playing on 1080p resolution doesn’t bother you and you’re only looking at monitors with high refresh rates than the obvious choice here is the Acer and Alienware. The Omen however is native 1440p with still a high refresh rate.

If playing on 1080p resolution doesn’t bother you and you’re only looking at monitors with high refresh rates than the obvious choice here is the Acer and Alienware. The Omen however is native 1440p with still a high refresh rate.
You have any recommendations for better res while still having a high refresh rate and 1ms?

Bought my son an entry level gaming PC for Christmas and it arrived yesterday (barely 15 hours after ordering it!). Ordered the one with a 256Gb SSD and I opened the case to check that everything was there - I was about to send it back because all of the hard drive bays are empty! After a minute I noticed a thing about the size of a postage stamp with 256 on the back. Crazy how small storage has got recently.

Bought my son an entry level gaming PC for Christmas and it arrived yesterday (barely 15 hours after ordering it!). Ordered the one with a 256Gb SSD and I opened the case to check that everything was there - I was about to send it back because all of the hard drive bays are empty! After a minute I noticed a thing about the size of a postage stamp with 256 on the back. Crazy how small storage has got recently.

exactly what game is he going to put on there that space is just enough to be essential for web browsing and misc things

Yea its crazy storage has gotten smaller and faster. Hope he enjoys! As the user above said, maybe get an additional larger sized HD to store games.

Back
Top Bottom