Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

i make my own depending on what im shooting.

if you shoot on jpeg, i recommend to lower the contrast bc it is helpful when editing in PS (contrast is hard to take out).

Originally Posted by DJ bana

if you shoot on jpeg, i recommend to lower the contrast bc it is helpful when editing in PS (contrast is hard to take out).
Yeah, that's the main reason I want to just leave it default. Same with saturation and sharpness. All can be adjusted to your liking on PS,but not so much corrected.

Damn this thread went the wrong way for the past 3-4 pages.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Yeah, that's the main reason I want to just leave it default. Same with saturation and sharpness. All can be adjusted to your liking on PS, but not so much corrected.
only if you're shooting in RAW can it be edited/corrected as if you were taking the photo. if you dont shoot raw, i'd lower the contrastand/or the saturation on your camera settings.

How much can I expect to pay for a 5d? I'm looking to upgrade from my 40d but can't decide on what to get.

It's between the 5d or 7d. Might even consider waiting to get the 5d mkii

Originally Posted by DRich30

How much can I expect to pay for a 5d? I'm looking to upgrade from my 40d but can't decide on what to get.

It's between the 5d or 7d. Might even consider waiting to get the 5d mkii

I seen a used 5D with a lense on eBay for 1150 yesterday

Hai Guise...
smile.gif

So I was wondering...what are your thoughts on Nikons new D3000...
nerd.gif

http://nikonusa.com/Find-...tal-SLR/25462/D3000.html

I ask because I am taking Photography 1 next semester as part of my BFA degree requirement and I was thinking about purchasing it. I'm a"beginner" when it comes to DSLRs so if purchased, the D3000 would be my first DSLR.

Would it be a wise purchase--something that would compliment my studies...or do y'all think a camera like that should come into play only after I'vecompleted the course.

Thanks.

if you're taking a Photography course you would probably benefit more from an old 35mm film camera. It'll help your learn the basics and force you tocompose your shots better because you can't just take a million photos and delete the bad ones like with Digital. With film, every shot counts.

also, I've read that the D3000 is pretty much a stripped down version of the D5000 with less features, etc. But then again, going to DSLR from nothing willfeel like a huge improvement to someone that's used to Point and Shoots. You can get great photos from basically any camera, so if you're not trying togo pro, any entry level will be great for you.

ISS photography thread is wack... majority of the dudes in there are hypebeasts...

I got banned for talking smack to all the hypebeasts... I wanted to get unbanned just to go talk more smack.

Originally Posted by tony23retro

ISS photography thread is wack... majority of the dudes in there are hypebeasts...

I got banned for talking smack to all the hypebeasts... I wanted to get unbanned just to go talk more smack.

I can't even begin to tell you how cool you are....

Anywho, for the guy that's thinking about upgradiing from the 40d to a 5d, I've seen them go used but in great condition from 1000 to 1500, if youalready have your ranges covered, I'd say save up for the mkii, if your lenses are EF-S lenses and not compatible with a fullframe camera then I suggestthe 5d, since you will need the extra cash for some EF lenses.

For nikon owners I suggest checkin out www.kenrockwell.com, dude has pretty extensive reviews and how to guides for a majority of the lenses. Very good insightfor amatures and intermediate photographers

Originally Posted by tha23greatest

Bana in any of those images did you use a flash or anything?

The third one is
pimp.gif
flash is ONLY used in number 4, the one with the red rectangle structure. the rest are just big aperture images, taken with my super duper expensive lenses that i only use to document my outings
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by budahbro

For nikon owners I suggest checkin out www.kenrockwell.com, dude has pretty extensive reviews and how to guides for a majority of the lenses. Very good insight for amatures and intermediate photographers
both my photography professors and lighting professor, tell me not to use that website.
say that his reviews suck. in simplest forms

Word, yeah dude does seem to be a lil on the wacky side... He has been shooting nikon for 29 years so it can't be totally useless info, but yeah his strongopinions often seem to steer his logic, thanks for the insight, Any other site (non forums) which can come in handy for nikon owners?

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Hai Guise...
smile.gif

So I was wondering...what are your thoughts on Nikons new D3000...
nerd.gif

http://nikonusa.com/Find-...tal-SLR/25462/D3000.html

I ask because I am taking Photography 1 next semester as part of my BFA degree requirement and I was thinking about purchasing it. I'm a "beginner" when it comes to DSLRs so if purchased, the D3000 would be my first DSLR.

Would it be a wise purchase--something that would compliment my studies...or do y'all think a camera like that should come into play only after I've completed the course.

Thanks.

I used to own the D60, but sold it to get the D3000. Like you I am also beginning to use a DSLR. I love it so far, but might upgrade to a D5000because of the Video feature.

Btw:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Bana your great photographer.

aw, damn.. thanks so much. im blushing =/

i broke my arm and i can barely take pictures, it sucks!!

^^^ amazing stuff, good job at being humble...LOL

Did you rig that first shot?...or did you shoot it from another car?

once again really good shots.

Back
Top Bottom