Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

^ in photoshop just increase the canvas size... its very simple, no need to make it that complicated...

Hey,

Since we're talking about borders.... I know you could add borders in HTML, but is it possible to do so when using More money, more checks. I'm addicted to fresh
Six pairs of kicks is my definition of twelve steps.

Come on, nobody's going to critique me?

I used a really pedestrian image editor and messed around with some of those pictures:

66xbnzn.jpg

6bu6xhe.jpg
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason

Quote:
Come on, nobody's going to critique me?

since you asked for it...
-Flashes have an effective range you're shooting well pass yours hence it doesnt really create even light it just bounces off shiny @#%$ . aside from a pretty clear example of an not effective use of a flash (i.e. what essentially amount to night landscapes...). Flashes/Strobes work ideally with portraiture, not landscape/architectual photography.
-Where is your horizon line, landscapes without horizon lines are like cars without wheels... your pictures are figuratively sitting on cinder blocks...
-The 1st one I could see an arguement saying its more of a sky shot but then you have this oddly framed house just right @#%$ mix of things, the tree works, the house doesn't
-Probably most importantly they're both underexposed, I've seen people shoot cityscape shots at 1am where there was less black. Just because its late probably what like 8-9pm isnt an excuse for 1/2 the picture being black, its called a long exposure its not just for light trails....

Those are the main problems, fix those and then we can talk composition...

- Also I just noticed these are edited pictures from the last page... I would argue, they were better untouched. other than unless and annoying flash. Atleast the color casts were correct. Basically you just underexposed the pictures and completely distorted the color cast... I think most people would say thats perfect example of photoshop or whatever you used gone wrong...

I moreso meant the original photos I posted on the last page. I was just messing around with the RGB levels and whatnot with the two above.

Quote:
- Also I just noticed these are edited pictures from the last page... I would argue, they were better untouched. other than unless and annoying flash. Atleast the color casts were correct. Basically you just underexposed the pictures and completely distorted the color cast... I think most people would say thats perfect example of photoshop or whatever you used gone wrong...
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason

^^ canon powershot 1540. do those have long exposures?
TeamS.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?​

^^ Not a clue, my guess the manual would say if it did... If it doesn't I would assume no, but then if there isnt a specific setting or ability to turn to manual then just turn the flash off, and shoot and it should essential meter without the flash and get a long meter reading because of it being dark hence, long exposure.

All long exposure means is an a shutterspeed more than like 1 or 2 secs. so if it has a manual mode, i would assume you could set it for an exposure 2s or longer...

Quote:
I moreso meant the original photos I posted on the last page
with as stated killing the flash... Probably a reasonably firm rule is flashes are for portraiture, especially ones attached to the camera... so if a specific person or people arent the focus of the shot kill the flash...

either that or difuse it...

I'll drop some basic knowledge on composition for those interested tomorrow afternoon when I get sometime...

mytsharp. we got the same cam but what lens your using?
TeamS.Carolina

Hey,

ebayologistMore money, more checks. I'm addicted to fresh

like i said earlier i just started and i really like the way solistik's photos turned out with the white border so if it looks like i copied him i did. it looks clean. anyways here are some more i took today.

this comment was made on a mac

Quote:
mytsharp. we got the same cam but what lens your using?

Enh nothing fancy, just the stock 18-55mm lens that it came with. I always shoot on A-Dep and set the lens to MF (Manual Focus). I'm still trying to master a steady hand but I did cop a decent tripod from Best Buy about a month ago, but I've only been really usin' it for WDYWT when I can. I honestly can say I know nothing about photography, but I just got that eye son. :lol:
laugh.gif

Thats recent stuff. Maybe I'll take it to Kings Dominion this weekend, but I kinda wanna enjoy myself and not stress about carrying this joint around all day. Holla @ me if you end up going to Rock's joint on the 30th, I'm bringin' it with me then. (If this is in fact Domski)

My-T.

TEAM-AF-ONE
Its late in the day and I aint been on the court yet...
Yeah I got on sneaks but I need a new pair...
THESMOKINGSECTION X ITUNES

^^^ I gotta look out for my thread... haha, Cam has his car threads, other people got there things, and I gotta look for my photography thread.

But anyhow, about the Ilama I'd say its alittle tight but angle is good, so well composed, just too tight... like the depth of feild, works well, as Iook at it more def too tight and maybe something else but I'll think about it...

But yeah, tomorrow at somepoint I'll make a little photography composition 101 post in here...

Hey,

^^^ [homer] woo-hoo! [/homer] :smile:
smile.gif
More money, more checks. I'm addicted to fresh

solstik where those pics taken at the hyatt regency in henderson?

if so I got busy in the 3rd hut in the upper level pool and the hot tub :pimp:
pimp.gif
, vegas = the life, my lady just got me a 10.1 mp sony so
I will be taking pics soon

mytsharp. look to invest in that 50mm f1.8 lens. its pretty damn dope and it has a good price going for it. ebay or mytsharp. yall got aim?
TeamS.Carolina

I normally post on ISS. I see NT has some variety of photos. Here are some old and new photos. Cameras I own are a rebel xt and now a canon 5d. Lenses I own canon 24-70mm f2.8 L, 70-200mm f4L ,70-300mm(selling)

lake.jpg

fwy_1.jpg

TAT.jpg

leaf_drop.jpg

gary_1.jpg

Many great pictures, especially the picture of the fire-escape in the alleys and the picture of the rock beach by Fongstar.
I will post some of my own at a later date, do not have my storage with me.

Ohh, and I have been out of the photography thing for a long time. What is a good SLR to invest in, something in the $1500 range. Need something good for object photography, mainly buildings, shoes, and flowers.
- this is not a sig

I said I was going to do post explaining some of the basics of composition. here it is... Just so you know, I'm not spouting bs I've taken 4 photography college classes 3 at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. a basic film photo (darkroom, etc..), an image/composition class, a b/w, and a color class all taught by people with MFA's from either Yale or U of C. So got bit of experience under the belt...

anyhow.. Composition 101: Perspective and Framing.
Disclaimer: you don't have to buy into all the rules, ideas, etc. there are people who makes tons of money and great pictures breaking them, but its good to know that you're breaking them rather than just breaking them...

Basically there are two things that effect the composition of an image, the way its framed (i.e. whats cropped in or out of the image, how close or far you are from the subject, etc..) and the perspective (i.e. head-on, below, above, etc..)

Perspective:
5yal2ms.jpg
d0072001_07232.jpg
m197806920001.jpg
BC4.jpg

lots of you do it with your flower macros you, shoot downward at the flower, shoot across...
so what you should do is probably squat or kneel, whatever and shoot straight across, you get a horizon line.. even if its not really visable.

Framing:
rule13saq7.jpg

notice how the train is coming toward the bottom left crosshair and the perspective of the pole things falls thru the vertical line on the left.

framing inherently relies on perspective, because without the right angle framing is more or less irrelevant. Think of it this way, if i took a few steps back then theoretically I could just crop in and end up with the same image...

end of the day there is alot more to composition but I have stuff to get done and comments to make in the asian women white men craze post. so take what you will, don't take what you don't want to, and enjoy...

Sup_

I was gonna say the same thing about that pic Ebayologist.
If if was shot across or if the shooter was kneeling down a tad it would
be very dope. I like the old vs new subject.

I know we are all tired of looking at macro shots but since I am slacking
and not taking pics Ill share with you guys.

Enjoy.

4mb2mon.jpg

549vrif.jpg

6gtc207.jpg

4ky1egk.jpg

66yvkec.jpg

5yla79v.jpg

6ai3ehz.jpg
realizethetruth.net info@realizethetruth.net

Great pics, yall.

I'm trying to get something to protect my lens (filter), but I don't know much about em.

Can someone school me on what usually is the best thing to look for when getting a filter for a dsl?. I have a canon.

Thanks!
Vallejo, CA

^B&H

There is a link to B&H Canon lense filters. I don't know the size of your lense so I can't pin point a specific one...

to protect your lense all you really should need is uv protection, basically its cheap, reasonably strong.

Back
Top Bottom