Official Pizza Appreciation!

Thanks for this. Michigan & Trumbull officially on the radar.

Only one I've been to on that list is Grandma Bob's. It was great, but honestly prefer Buddy's. I don't know why. It's unassuming but delicious and not over done. Only my personal opinion tho.

How was the Pizza? Still the same as back in the day?
pizza was fire tbh, i love that its well balanced
not one ingredient overpowers the other

The best Detroit Style in Chicago

Paulie Gee's - Logan Square
IMG_20230520_194325.jpg

US Pizza Cup Winner
Sharp White Cheddar, Mozz, Ezzo Pepperoni Cups, Housemade Bacon Jam, Red Sauce, Ricotta, Basil, Mike’s Hot Honey

La Michoacana
Cheddar, Mozz, Housemade Chorizo, Corn Pico, Avocado Crema, Cilantro
IMG_20230520_201552~2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh ****

I thought paulie gees just did NYC style
The Detroit Style has become what their known for. I've had some good Detroit Style in Detroit....The Pizza Cup Squares are no joke.

I think they stopped making N.Y pies in the Logan Square spot. Derrick Tung was there my last visit and he told us he was moving away from N.Y style and going strictly Neapolitan & Detroit. I think they might still make them in Wicker Park tho.

The Detroit Style has become what their known for. I've had some good Detroit Style in Detroit....The Pizza Cup Squares are no joke.

I think they stopped making N.Y pies in the Logan Square spot. Derrick Tung was there my last visit and he told us he was moving away from N.Y style and going strictly Neapolitan & Detroit. I think they might still make them in Wicker Park tho.

Very interesting

I had a NYC pie from there a month or so ago and it was fire

Definitely going for the Detroit

Went to this new spot in Bayside, Queens called Lucia. For those of us local to Queens would know they have the OG spot in downtown Flushing. Looks like they finally after all these years decided to expand. This spot is much bigger compared to the hole in the wall Flushing one.

Happy to report the pizza is just as good here as the one in Flushing. Tastes exactly the same. A lot of times when a successful business expands they lose their identity & can't replicate the taste & allure of the original spot but they did this new spot justice.
20230524_122909.jpg
20230524_122948.jpg
20230524_130508.jpg

People are saying this is the new spot on LI.

It’s connected to and run by Root & Branch Brewing, which is one of the best breweries in the country. I’m inclined to believe the pizza is worth the hype if they’re putting as much love into it as they do the beers:

Update: finally got around to trying it. Met the hype.
IMG_0511.jpeg

Glad I got there when I did. They sold out in less than 2 hours today. Will definitely be back.

IMG_1747.jpeg

Had pizzeria bianco in PHX. Went to the OG locations at opening , was already 2+ hour wait. Hopped back in the car drove to the country location? Walked right in but got super packed and busy for I got lucky.

Excellent pizza, amazing light air crust/dough, sauce didn’t have anything other than tomatoes from what I could taste, was really good, fresh. My wife got the olive oil based, Reggiano, pistachio, red onion, and rosemary. She said it was phenomenal.

Def a must hit spot if you’re in the area.

New slice from Philomena’s (Sunnyside, Queens). Apple Pie Slice- apple slices, provolone, fig jam, walnuts, prosciutto.

Sweet, crunchy and the prosciutto balances the sweetness with a little salt. Not bad.

IMG_3734.jpeg

I know Dave Portnoy visited Philomenas last week, I’ve been waiting for them to upload the review.

Sad news. Andrew Bellucci passed away. He ran his own pizzeria in Astoria, Queens named after himself. He used to work at Bellucci’s pizzeria, another pizzeria in Astoria. They split up and Andrew opened up his own spot. I went there once for a grandma slice and chicken parm sandwich. The slice was good but the chicken parm was godly. RIP

Last edited:
10 inch'ers from Bellerose famous pizza in Bellerose, Queens,NY. Cauliflower one was just ok, I had higher hopes for it, lol, but never again. Green peppers & onion- 🔥 as always.
20230523_191602.jpg
20230523_185410.jpg

This is the one on Union Turnpike? As many times as I’ve passed by, I’ve never gone inside. I have to check it out. They’re basically like Singas? Is it the same owners?

IMG_1747.jpeg

Had pizzeria bianco in PHX. Went to the OG locations at opening , was already 2+ hour wait. Hopped back in the car drove to the country location? Walked right in but got super packed and busy for I got lucky.

Excellent pizza, amazing light air crust/dough, sauce didn’t have anything other than tomatoes from what I could taste, was really good, fresh. My wife got the olive oil based, Reggiano, pistachio, red onion, and rosemary. She said it was phenomenal.

Def a must hit spot if you’re in the area.

Yooo! Got the same thing when I was there🔥

Pizzeria Bianco - Phoenix

MARGHERITA - Tomato Sauce, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil

ROSA - Red Onion, Parmigiano Reggiano, Rosemary, AZ Pistachios

WISEGUY - Wood-Roasted Onion, House Smoked Mozzarella, Fennel Sausage
Pizzeria Bianco - Phoenix
IMG_20220201_200026.jpg

IMG_20220201_200031__01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom