Official Pizza Appreciation!

I've posted this spot in this thread couple of times before too. 🍕 earlier today from one of nyc's GOAT pizzerias- Dani's, in Kew Gardens, Queens, NY. Their sweet sauce is heavenly 🤤.
20230503_175250.jpg
20230503_175736.jpg
20230503_183605.jpg

Lately i see pics of pizza and I think a lot of the pics look similar.

I’d really wish there’s more blind taste test sort of things. I’d want to see that. The hardest part is ensuring they are all at the same level of “freshness”

Dani's is one of the top pizzerias in Queens. I've actually never had a slice from there but I'm aware of it's popularity. That area is also famous for two other reasons- it's where Rodney Dangerfield grew up and it's where the infamous Kitty Genovese murder happened.

I never eat cheese pizza but if I ever go to NYC it just seems like the right thing to do

Even in NYC I ain’t eating no plain slice lol

Plain slice is the basic, get up and go trademark of a pizzeria. Personally, I judge pizzerias more on how good their Sicilians or Grandma slices are but you can't beat a great plain slice. And that's a classic. And usually, if a pizzeria is running a lunch special, it'll be something like 2 plain slices and a Coke. The complicated pizzas require more time and patience, you might not even be able to eat them unless you have utensils because they don't fold easily. But the plain slice is the easiest to fold, the easiest to walk and eat. The least messy.

Dani's is one of the top pizzerias in Queens. I've actually never had a slice from there but I'm aware of it's popularity. That area is also famous for two other reasons- it's where Rodney Dangerfield grew up and it's where the infamous Kitty Genovese murder happened.
Dani's is heavenly man. Try to grab a slice or 2 when you have the time. The Kitty Genovese murder- is that where the crowd just stood around & did nothing? "Bystander effect" they call it I think.

Dani's is heavenly man. Try to grab a slice or 2 when you have the time. The Kitty Genovese murder- is that where the crowd just stood around & did nothing? "Bystander effect" they call it I think.

Yeah that’s the case. Happened just up the block and around the corner.

PXL_20230504_165449062.jpg

PXL_20230504_171108323.jpg

Flew into Detroit for a wedding in Ohio tomorrow.
Hope it tastes better than it looks

Buddys usuallt looks way better than that but I’ve said it in here before, vastly overrated

Can name 10 places better for Detroit style easily

Hope it tastes better than it looks

Buddys usuallt looks way better than that but I’ve said it in here before, vastly overrated

Can name 10 places better for Detroit style easily
I thought it was really good. Might ask for it more well done next time, but can't complain.

If I had more time, I probably would've gone into the city to explore more options.

please name them

for future purposes

Michigan & Trumbull (top dog)

Grandma bobs (really good and unique flavors, underrated)

Louis (overrated as well 😂 still better than buddy’s)

Como’s (solid)

This one is random and most pizza guys don’t go or know about because it’s in a snobby area but Market in Birmingham has a really good square pizza.

the way chuckie cheese slices pizza always cracks me up

i always think about that dumb conspiracy and how they put old pieces with new pieces LOL because it looks so misplaced

Michigan & Trumbull (top dog)

Grandma bobs (really good and unique flavors, underrated)

Louis (overrated as well 😂 still better than buddy’s)

Como’s (solid)

This one is random and most pizza guys don’t go or know about because it’s in a snobby area but Market in Birmingham has a really good square pizza.

Thanks for this. Michigan & Trumbull officially on the radar.

Only one I've been to on that list is Grandma Bob's. It was great, but honestly prefer Buddy's. I don't know why. It's unassuming but delicious and not over done. Only my personal opinion tho.

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 12.33.37 PM.png
been to chuck e cheese a few times the past couple weeks just for the pizza, we outchea
How was the Pizza? Still the same as back in the day?

Back
Top Bottom