***Official Political Discussion Thread***

aph9wsrq8n371.jpg

6cx1iw3hwp371.jpg

Someone had to dress him as well. Think about it how do you button the pants from the back?

Didn't think this was possible but I'm uninformed as hell with many things involving crypto

I know it's possible to some extent but I don't know the details. Someone I sort of know went to prison for SIM-swapping a bunch of cryptocurrency executives to then transfer millions of dollars in Bitcoin out of their accounts and I know some of the victims recovered part of their money prior to the indictments.

I guess this is how. Following the money is easy, anyone can do that if you know at least one of the parties' bitcoin addresses, but the confusing part is how they would've gotten the criminals' private key to access their wallet.

I like to joke that they made so many backroom deals with authoritarian governments that they eventually wondered "why not us, here?"

They don't just want any kind of power. They want the ability to die in office without having to campaign. They want to be able to jail dissidents for any reason. They want to rule without having to justify themselves. This is why they love using "the US is a republic, not a democracy" slogan as a roundabout way of saying they don't believe in ruling with the consent of the public.

The Democratic party leadership must come to terms with the reality that political violence is not out of the bag of tools of the GOP, and they need to start approaching those left-leaning gun groups to make Republicans understand that they have teeth too. They will be called hypocrites, especially when it comes to the party position on gun control, but the longer they keep dismissing all the implications of the Republican strategy to run on the Big Lie, the weaker their position will be when Republicans do attempt to steal the next elections.

The whole “we’re a Republic, not a Democracy” is meaningless. North Korea is a Republic, Sweden is Republic, the USSR was a Republic, Venezuela is a Republic, Iran is a Republic, and the US is a Republic. Those countries are all very different. So you’re right, saying that is a Republic is a way for conservatives to prepare other conservatives and any normie, who will listen, for a future where conservatism can thrive only under conditions of minoritianism.

The US Constitution is like a very subpar operating system. During the 1860’s, the turn of the 20th century, and from the 1930’s to the 1970’s, the operating system got some major patches. People got burned alive, drowned, tramped, blowup by canons, and beaten to death. Battles, strikes, boycotts, sit-ins, marches, legislation passed, court cases, legislative favors called in, and world wars won all culminated in the America of circa 1970. We had, despite our oligarchic constitution, something resembling genuine popular sovereignty, a social democracy, a constrained police force at home and military machine abroad, and we seemed poised to deliver meaningful recompense for centuries of racial and gendered apartheid. Then, the neoliberal era dawned.

So history has shown that we can build a magnificent progressive edifice on top of a constitution that is indifferent or hostile to justice. But those achievements can be knocked over quite easily by a determined and well-funded, reactionary minority.

Even if Fox News and every Republican, including Trump, said that Joe Biden got millions more votes, he got more electoral votes, and there’s no evidence of voter fraud, it would not matter. Republican voters see votes cast for Democrats as ipso facto illegitimate. The only legitimate outcome is Republicans winning.

This goes way beyond Trump. It’s been building for some time now. Republicans, in 2012, said that if you don’t count black and Latino votes, Romney actually won. In 2016, Trump gave away the game when he said the election will be rigged unless he won. In 2018, the Democrat Tony Ivers beat Scott Walker in the Wisconsin governor’s race and the GOP legislature greatly reduced his powers as the in coming governor. They said that if you don’t count Madison and Milwaukee, Walker would have won and the legislature is the true voice of the people because it represents “each and every corner of the State.” It’s 2021, and Republicans are fighting to deny DC Statehood because it’s almost majority black and would reliably elect Democrats to Congress.

Conservatives increasingly wear their numerical minority status as a badge of honor. They aren’t tricked by misinformation or mesmerized by Donald Trump or scared of Donald Trump, they believe the same things. You can’t educate the country out of this crisis of democracy. Either we defeat them or they defeat us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom