***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Dope, but I’d be surprised if they let him walk on the gun charge. Also, you don’t think he was supposed to be convicted of murder for the cops killing his girlfriend, do you?
I guarantee he didn't read beyond the headline or he wouldn't have posted it. He posted it as if it was a response to Rittenhouse getting off

I’m disappointed the black attorney from the south hasn’t started with how broken the system is

how dangerous and problematic having a judge who is open about his support for trump and his racism

but what can I or we expect from this dude who still can’t admit trump is a racist..

but least he only, according to him, bought a hat

instinctively would guess that people don't learn the same way.
but looking at the evidence it seems clear to me that we aren't good at diagnosing what actually is their "learning style".
instead people rely on stereotypes that don't seem to lead to more efficient learning.

Honestly I don’t even know what “learning styles” has to do with the topic at hand because it seem like to me you’re trying to nitpick an educational concept to discredit teachers. But anyways.

I for one do not have my students take a “learning styles” test nor do I ask them what their “learning style” is. What I do however is ask them what lessons they enjoyed the most and I also cross reference it with test scores. Student input and feedback is a huge factor into how I present information.

Some students you can post a PowerPoint on a Google classroom, a note sheet and they will get an A on everything. So because a few students can pick up concepts easily by just going through slides does that mean all of the ones that can’t should be left out to dry? You know since “learning styles” is a myth?

You’re looking at learning styles like a personality quiz that just because someone is pegged into a specific category they HAVE to be successful with THIS specific technique.

The concept you should be looking to is differentiated instruction….but you would know this. If you were in education.

Honestly I don’t even know what “learning styles” has to do with the topic at hand because it seem like to me you’re trying to nitpick an educational concept to discredit teachers. But anyways.

I for one do not have my students take a “learning styles” test nor do I ask them what their “learning style” is. What I do however is ask them what lessons they enjoyed the most and I also cross reference it with test scores. Student input and feedback is a huge factor into how I present information.

Some students you can post a PowerPoint on a Google classroom, a note sheet and they will get an A on everything. So because a few students can pick up concepts easily by just going through slides does that mean all of the ones that can’t should be left out to dry? You know since “learning styles” is a myth?

You’re looking at learning styles like a personality quiz that just because someone is pegged into a specific category they HAVE to be successful with THIS specific technique.

The concept you should be looking to is differentiated instruction….but you would know this. If you were in education.

I'm not trying to discredit anything.

I'm just making a point I don't have to bow to your expertise when it pertains to non technical questions that are totally comprehensible to a lay person.

Yes some parents abuse this with irrational behavior
But it doesn't mean that teachers are above being questioned

or that parents should cede all control of their child's education to you.

I gave this example but again, my parents thought a teacher was racist

they stormed into that school and yelled at the principal and got me transferred to a different class.

Should my parents have bowed to the experts or were they right to intervene?

Trusting experts isn't an excuse to not use your brain is my point.

I'm not trying to discredit anything.

I'm just making a point I don't have to bow to your expertise when it pertains to non technical questions that are totally comprehensible to a lay person.

Yes some parents abuse this with irrational behavior
But it doesn't mean that teachers are above being questioned

or that parents should cede all control of their child's education to you.

I gave this example but again, my parents thought a teacher was racist

they stormed into that school and yelled at the principal and got me transferred to a different class.

Should my parents have bowed to the experts or were they right to intervene?

Trusting experts isn't an excuse to not use your brain is my point.
Did you read the article you post that started this discussion?

In the article, the professor says explicitly that all bad actors need to be rooted out and that things that cause harm to students are addressed quickly. She called out examples of racist behavior.

Someone is saying that individual parents can't have veto power over any and everything that is in the curriculum or happens in the classroom if they don't like. What right-wing state legislatures are doing is bad. That teachers are qualified and should be trusted to do their jobs. Not blanket just, not blind trust, but pointed out that in important places people are taking their demand too far. She doesn't say that parents can't question what does on with their child in school

I just don't understand what is so unreasonable about that.

Last edited:
I'm very proud of everyone that posts in this thread and on NT in general. As we approach Thanksgiving I can truly say that I'm very thankful for you guys and how NT rallies to support one another in our times of need. The outpouring of love and support I received when my mother passed was and still is amazing. We might not always agree but we are a unique community that cares.

Last edited:
I'm very proud of everyone that posts in this thread and on NT in general. As we approach Thanksgiving I can truly say that I'm very thankful for you guys and how NT rallies to support one another in our times or need. The outpouring of love and support I received when my mother passed was and still is amazing. We might not always agree but we are a unique community that cares.
Even those weirdos in the food thread that think a BLT is a breakfast sandwich. :lol:

just as a break from the school board meeting, how is it we're talking about a disappeared pro tennis star in China while gearing up for the Winter Olympics in Beijing?

I think of how the 1936 Games were in Berlin and wonder just how much history rhymes.

just as a break from the school board meeting, how is it we're talking about a disappeared pro tennis star in China while gearing up for the Winter Olympics in Beijing?

I think of how the 1936 Games were in Berlin and wonder just how much history rhymes.

To me, it seems like we always forget that this is some weird tactical we pull. We bring commotion by talking about how a person is missing from a country we don't like. Then we get proof that isn't true. Then we forget about the drama we caused by bringing up something we never had proof on in the first place. Time and time again. Well, I guess this time it could be true. I would sit this one out due to our past records though lol

Back
Top Bottom