***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Even those weirdos in the food thread that think a BLT is a breakfast sandwich. :lol:
Nah man, Nah

I refuse to believe we got NTers outchea peddling in such wild theories

If an NTer was to post the following nonsense like....

5G chips in vaccines, goofy but sure

flat earth, asinine but hey YouTube be poisoning minds

The Warriors are a team worth supporting, disgusting but I will accept that some dudes just lost

-But this, Nah, I refuse to believe we got dudes outchea living life believing such things

There was no egg in question.

ah okay...then that's 100 percent lunch even tho a BLT needs plenty of B to work for me.

...and speaking of pork fat, I short-circuited some bootlicker this week by raising the point that if "Blue Lives Matter" wasn't a direct spite counter to "Black Lives Matter," wouldn't you probably consider a different acronym?

about to get a Bureau of Land Management shirt and start interesting conversations.

Nah man, Nah

I refuse to believe we got NTers outchea peddling in such wild theories

If an NTer was to post the following nonsense like....

5G chips in vaccines, goofy but sure

flat earth, asinine but hey YouTube be poisoning minds

The Warriors are a team worth supporting, disgusting but I will accept that some dudes just lost

-But this, Nah, I refuse to believe we got dudes outchea living life believing such things
Da proof is in da pudding, b.

I had to terminate a conversation because it was getting so weird and hostile. :lol: :smh:

To me, it seems like we always forget that this is some weird tactical we pull. We bring commotion by talking about how a person is missing from a country we don't like. Then we get proof that isn't true. Then we forget about the drama we caused by bringing up something we never had proof on in the first place. Time and time again. Well, I guess this time it could be true. I would sit this one out due to our past records though lol

haha fair enough, wasn't that long ago I was almost fully convinced Kim Jong-Un was dead.

I guess it's more about all the various weirdnesses with China on the world stage atm, maybe I'm overstating a tipping point but it just seems surreal to me that they're really just gonna go skiing there next month.

about to get a Bureau of Land Management shirt and start interesting conversations.

One of my favorite moments in White Lotus.

Da proof is in da pudding, b.

I had to terminate a conversation because it was getting so weird and hostile. :lol: :smh:

When I managed people overseas, I gave them the tip the to disrupt a meeting with a bunch of Americans, just ask them to define a sandwich and hit them with edge cases like patty melts, hamburgers, gyros, open face etc. Works every time.

One of my favorite moments in White Lotus.

When I managed people overseas, I gave them the tip the to disrupt a meeting with a bunch of Americans, just ask them to define a sandwich and hit them with edge cases like patty melts, hamburgers, gyros, open face etc. Works every time.
We talk about a lot of aspects of American culture, but an area that is hardly ever discussed is American sandwich culture

When I immigrated to the States, my and my sister both notice that Americans have a clear affinity and devotion to sandwiches. My aunt's American husband used to get so pumped to make us sandwiches for lunch and me and my sister used to be like "damn, a sandwich again"

I mean sandwiches are common everywhere, but in Lucia, there were no deli counters. When you say you are making a sandwich most of the time people think you mean ham and cheese. Takeout places maybe had one or two sandwich options.

But American, multiple sandwich options. And ain't nothing American love talking about is where you can get the best, and often most expensive, sandwich in town

I came to the US in the late 90s when Qzinos was gaining in popularity. I remember watching a news story about one opening in DC and the line being around the block. I was like damn, what the **** are they putting in them joints. Come to find out, the secret was.......they were toasting the bread

So Americans have been eating soft *** Subway for decades, then someone came along and said "we toasting our bread" and everyone was like...
slamdunk.gif

Last edited:
And to be honest, I have fully embraced American sandwich culture

As a lib, I was left with no other choice too. Libs love eating sandwich styles from different parts of the world, and telling you how they discovered something new

But a Bahn mi spot in front of some libs, and they go nuts

Me myself, currently on a vegetable sandwich wave

Last edited:
Is it just where I’m at. But has “inflation” been the new buzz word and crybaby uninformed talking point for people.

Seems like it’s nonstop rambling and complaining about something that’s been going on forever. ****s been going up for as long as I can remember with wages not matching. But there’s so many people I know who aren’t making money whining about inflations and how stimulus checks (2 of the 3 which came under orange man) are ruining the economy with inflation. The disingenuous caring about the economy when they don’t **** about it in the first place is comical also.

I'm very proud of everyone that posts in this thread and on NT in general. As we approach Thanksgiving I can truly say that I'm very thankful for you guys and how NT rallies to support one another in our times of need. The outpouring of love and support I received when my mother passed was and still is amazing. We might not always agree but we are a unique community that cares.
I love you aepps and NT fam

happy thanksgiving to all.
if y’all can FedEx me a turkey ID appreciate it
Sold out in my neighborhood

Last edited:
Did you read the article you post that started this discussion?

In the article, the professor says explicitly that all bad actors need to be rooted out and that things that cause harm to students are addressed quickly. She called out examples of racist behavior.

Someone is saying that individual parents can't have veto power over any and everything that is in the curriculum or happens in the classroom if they don't like. What right-wing state legislatures are doing is bad. That teachers are qualified and should be trusted to do their jobs. Not blanket just, not blind trust, but pointed out that in important places people are taking their demand too far. She doesn't say that parents can't question what does on with their child in school

I just don't understand what is so unreasonable about that.
the convo expanded beyond the original article but,

I didn't say every thing in the article was wrong, I said if I was a teacher id keep this;

“Part of the problem is that parents think they have the right to control teaching and learning because their children are the ones being educated,”
she adds. “But it actually (gasp!) doesn’t work that way. It’s sort of like entering a surgical unit thinking you can interfere with an operation simply because the patient is your child.”

to myself. I think the analogy is self aggrandizing, and it's a good way to radicalize people against you.
and she goes back to this throughout the article

Teaching, too, is a science. Unless they’re licensed and certified, parents aren’t qualified to make decisions about curricula.

trying to paint disputes about curriculum,
like they are disputes with a scientists on Newtonian physics.

Which is why the ceaseless effort of parents and politicians to shape curricula by targeting book selection, the type of history taught in classrooms and even specific terms used in classrooms should be ignored.
These distractions are nothing more than theater, and school boards and administrators should be protecting their teachers — and students — from it rather than bowing to it.

I may agree with some parts of the article but bottom line this reads mad arrogant,

"Public complaints about teaching, and curriculum should be ignored,
in favour of protecting unelected bureaucrats from parents trying to ensure the quality of their children's education."

the propaganda writes itself.

Parents attacking K-12 teachers for supposedly teaching a concept that is not actually taught at that level IS irrational behavior.

Asking teachers to not call out parents who do this is validating irrational behavior.

you can repeat this 10 million times it won't make it true.

like i said if you want to pretend like parental anxieties surrounding public education are all fake and irrational, i can't stop you.
but it's a fantasy.

Some clown ran off the local tamale lady that used to sell at the flea market (happened before covid). :smh:

I'm not one to throw hands, but if one of my beloved taco trucks got ran off the gas station parking lot, I'd go Brian Mills finding who was responsible.

Is it just where I’m at. But has “inflation” been the new buzz word and crybaby uninformed talking point for people.

Seems like it’s nonstop rambling and complaining about something that’s been going on forever. ****s been going up for as long as I can remember with wages not matching. But there’s so many people I know who aren’t making money whining about inflations and how stimulus checks (2 of the 3 which came under orange man) are ruining the economy with inflation. The disingenuous caring about the economy when they don’t **** about it in the first place is comical also.
Someone at work tried to give me the spiel about the supply issues we've been experiencing being proof that the country is now "communist." When I replied that capitalism (higher profits) is the reason all semiconductor manufacturing was outsourced, he came back with "and who warned about it?" ("Who" as in, Trump).

To hear someone with decades of experience in the field act like factories left the US in Nov 2020 and not 50 years ago is just SMH-worthy. It's too much energy to try to engage in such conversations and correct a lifetime of misinformation.

What are you talking about? There is plenty of evidence that suggest that people have different ways in how they learn things and or retain information. Whether or not that improves performance is irrelevant as there may be additional factors that impacts their ability to have a high performance. Like, a teacher can teach to a child's learning style, but if the child fails to complete their class work or homework, then that affects their overall performance. Resources and home environment is another factor that can impact performance.

EYE would argue those factors are more vital than how an adult is teaching them in the school. (They all matter, yes)

Some clown ran off the local tamale lady that used to sell at the flea market (happened before covid). :smh:

That's sad. What did he do exactly?

to myself. I think the analogy is self aggrandizing, and it's a good way to radicalize people against you.
Do you think this about people in other professions, or does it only to educators? Maybe I missed something from one of your posts.

Or it's more like you have to be educated to be an educator just like how you have to be educated to be a physicist. Do you think parents should be telling physics professors in college how to teach their physics classes? If parents are so concerned about the curriculum then they can home school their kids. As a taxpayer I don't want ****ing Karen over here who gets her information from Facebook deciding what everyone should learn.

the convo expanded beyond the original article but,

I didn't say every thing in the article was wrong, I said if I was a teacher id keep this;

“Part of the problem is that parents think they have the right to control teaching and learning because their children are the ones being educated,”
she adds. “But it actually (gasp!) doesn’t work that way. It’s sort of like entering a surgical unit thinking you can interfere with an operation simply because the patient is your child.”

I may agree with some parts of the article but bottom line this reads mad arrogant,

"Public complaints about teaching, and curriculum should be ignored,
in favour of protecting unelected bureaucrats from parents trying to ensure the quality of their children's education."

the propaganda writes itself.
Dude, I am just responding to what you said. You made a quick take about an issue, even in expanding the topic it didn't really address certain things so I can't give you credit for thing you didn't say.

The author is currently not a K-12 teacher. She is an adjunct professor at Michigan State

If you want academics to shut up because they might piss some people off, or don't speak positively about the fields they work in, then you might as well demand a good chunk of the stories that appear on the Atlantic, NYT paper, and NYT non-fiction best sellers list go away too. You should probably tell a lot of the people you read and post on here to shut too. You should demand the hundreds of University Presses around the world to shut down.

She is saying teachers are qualified to do their job, people looking for unilateral veto power of curriculum are not.

You are putting different context on what is actually happened to act like other people are being unreasonable. Parent do have input into things, it is just that you can't give everyone veto power over everything they don't like in the curriculum. She didn't act like teachers should be outchea moving without any accountability

I just think the way you present the problem is an uncharitable read on what the woman actually said.

Last edited:
Professors that teach, train, and certify teachers do research, publish, study natural experiments, and peer review others' works too. Teachers in many areas have to do a ton of extra work outside the classroom to get raises and keep certification.

Teachers to earn qualifications have to take a wide range of classes on subjects outside simply Education

That is on top of all the work they do outside the classroom teaching

They have to build a curriculum that often involves having to address numerous goals

Pointing that out is completely fair IMO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom