***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Id really like to see Nancy hold a vote to expel these evil women and men from Congress.

What you’re doing is gaslighting.
magnifique.gif

This, as you desperately labor to convince people that you didn't say something you clearly said.

Are you claiming the direct quote from your account was fabricated?

That you also posted "I don't know" is irrelevant. You said you don't remember saying it. And yet, you did. The proof is right there, in plain sight.

You can try out your Bill Clinton "that depends on what the definition of is is" game if you want to. I don't know who you realistically expect to convince, aside from yourself.

Your position may have "evolved" over time, but you still said it, and the underlying position was always the same: you refuse to say that Donald Trump is a racist - even now.

You've already been forced to concede that you made a "mistake" by toadying for Trump. Is it really so much worse to admit that you were also mistaken to define racism in such a way as to deliberately leave Donald Trump, of all people, in a state of quantum uncertainty until we may - by unknown or perhaps unknowable means - learn "what's in his heart" and divine the truth of his "intent?"

I still don’t think I’ve ever said Trump isn’t racist.
Notably, you've gone to great lengths to avoid saying that he is. That's always been the issue.

I’ve said I think he or his team thinks it’s good politically to at the very least be ambiguous on the issue because a lot of people in his base are loud, proud racists.
Apparently, so do you.

It's 2021 and you still can't call Donald Trump a racist.

But we should let parents dictate what teachers teach their children

And we should provide more funding to police offers because it's proven to curb violence

And we should let Dave Chappelle tell transpeople how they should feel about the jokes he's making at their expense

And we shouldn't listen to public health experts cause they were initally wrong about the safety precautions for an airborne virus

But we should listen to a Canadian tell Americans how they should feel about their own government

I'm trying to keep up but I'm sure there is more
Contrarianism.gif

Oh, and speaking of "fund the police," here's another gem I haven't yet seen discussed here:

magnifique.gif

This, as you desperately labor to convince people that you didn't say something you clearly said.

Are you claiming the direct quote from your account was fabricated?

That you also posted "I don't know" is irrelevant. You said you don't remember saying it. And yet, you did. The proof is right there, in plain sight.

You can try out your Bill Clinton "that depends on what the definition of is is" game if you want to. I don't know who you realistically expect to convince, aside from yourself.

Your position may have "evolved" over time, but you still said it, and the underlying position was always the same: you refuse to say that Donald Trump is a racist - even now.

You've already been forced to concede that you made a "mistake" by toadying for Trump. Is it really so much worse to admit that you were also mistaken to define racism in such a way as to deliberately leave Donald Trump, of all people, in a state of quantum uncertainty until we may - by unknown or perhaps unknowable means - learn "what's in his heart" and divine the truth of his "intent?"

Notably, you've gone to great lengths to avoid saying that he is. That's always been the issue.

Apparently, so do you.

It's 2021 and you still can't call Donald Trump a racist.

Contrarianism.gif

Oh, and speaking of "fund the police," here's another gem I haven't yet seen discussed here:

Not calling Trump a racist is not the same as declaring he isn’t a racist.

By your logic I also refuse to definitively state that he isn’t a racist. (((EVEN NOW)))

You intentionally posted a quote void of the context which displayed my consistent view.

I don’t know if he is a racist or not. Period.

It seems everyone else in here does know—cool. I understand that position. What’s the issue?

This strategy is about as old as the concept of "Hispanic" itself. Post Brown v. Board, districts in Texas, California, etc would bus Mexican-Americans to Black schools and vice versa and declare the districts integrated.

Among my more cynical relatives, the timing is not considered coincidental.

In my opinion, the only good thing to come out of the stupid LatinX debate is a re-evaluation of whether it's necessary to create the category to begin with. Although I'm sure there's a lot of deluded pendejos in Texas who can't wait to stop circling "Hispanic Origen" on forms.

I don’t know if he is a racist or not.

we know

we provide you evidence.. an abundance of evidence

and yet you still don’t know.. conveniently

Yeah dude, I understand

But it is clear there were health experts in Canada that recommended people like your aunt get a booster.

And since it seems you are saying she lives in Ontario, booster might soon come...

Even your roadmap says she would be eligible in the month (or I'm I reading it wrong). I assume this was written before Omicron popped up. right?

If so, it would mean you want credit for not knowing Omicron would come up, but health experts don't. Funny how that works

Kinda seems like it is kinda bad faith (not saying your entire argument is) to use this example to press people, and leave out this bit of info.

Just sayin

Hope Ontario's government moves **** up though

unfortunately she's gotta go back to Nigeria asap.
can't run a business remotely in Nigeria, they robbing her blind. :lol:

gunna hit up cvs or whatever pharmacy across the border. if they give us the shot
ill come back here and sing i am a real american

hulk-hogan.gif

im not saying experts should have foreseen everything, omicron or delta.

all im saying for example; if i think that the Canadian government needs to approve boosters faster
and a public health official says "well we don't want to send the wrong message about the vaccines"

I think a layperson can say, that nuh mek sense.
i don't think i need to listen to a virologists thoughts on public messaging.

How confident would you be about the safety/reliability of a chainsaw you bought if you knew its operating manual was written by a communication major with no input from the engineers who designed it or the mechanics/electricians who assembled it?

this is an irrelevant straw man, where did I say you should take no in put from experts, or that experts don't have valuable information to share?

you should listen to experts,
but you don't have listen to them when the question is not relevant to their area of expertise.

a question like "when do you end mask mandates" is not a question an expert can answer for you
it's a value judgment, what are the costs and benefits and what is it worth to you? expert can't tell you what to do.

they can only give you information that can help with your decision making.

if i say "if we have supply of effective anti virals and vaccines, I don't think it's worth it to continue mask mandate."

an expert can tell you how effective the vaccine is,
and how effective the new covid anti viral pill is.

but she can't tell you how to value mask mandates vs the political/social costs of attempting to enforce them.

you, me, dacomup, rusty et all are just as qualified as a virologist to come to our own conclusions about that.

So, weighing the advice of a bunch of sources and my own observations with the appropriately different level of skepticism for both, were I in your situation, I'd probably take my aunt to Seattle.

well then we agree 100%,

unfortunately she's gotta go back to Nigeria asap.
can't run a business remotely in Nigeria, they robbing her blind. :lol:

gunna hit up cvs or whatever pharmacy across the border. if they give us the shot
ill come back here and sing i am a real american

hulk-hogan.gif

im not saying experts should have foreseen everything, omicron or delta.

all im saying for example; if i think that the Canadian government needs to approve boosters faster
and a public health official says "well we don't want to send the wrong message about the vaccines"

I think a layperson can say, that nuh mek sense.
i don't think i need to listen to a virologists thoughts on public messaging.
Ok fine, but that is not what is strictly happening in regards to discussions around the mask mandates.

Public health officials are trying to keep people alive, keep people safe. Dropping any kind of standard will have some cost associated with it that isn't strictly political. More infections raise, more people die, and the chances of variants like Omicron.

You say it is up to the elected officials to decide certain things, not public health officials, ok fine. I agree in principle. But the people holding your aunt up are the elected people mainly. You tried to make it appear as the reverse.

You can try to paint messaging about masks as only a marketing thing, with political consequences, outside of public health officials' expertise. But doing that will have consequences that fall within the purview of public health officials. And with your original statement, you even cross the line into their field by comparing Covid with the flu.

I think you had a point to make but you overreached a bit

-BTW, if you cross the border a CVS or Walgreens might not be your best shot because they want you to make an appointment and they ask for insurance info (which is kinda pointless because the Federal government is covering everything). You might be able to set it up but I don't know

Maybe to find a clinic doing walk-ins, preferably a drive-through joint. My girl works as a social worker as she just be driving clients through those joints to get their shot with minimal questions. Won't be surprised if there is a popular spot Canadians already go to. :lol:

Last edited:
I think the real issue that needs addressing is that Osh's uncle is allowing his relative's business to go under while they are away on vaca

Nasty work by Unc

:smh: :lol:

I think the real issue that needs addressing is that Osh's uncle is allowing his relative's business to go under while they are away on vaca

Nasty work by Unc

:smh:

haha, well let's just say it's a big family with lots of businesses

it's like nigerian old money succession, but multiply the amount of children by like 2.5 :lol:

a whole lotta beefs so she's on her own. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom