***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I just couldn't imagine seeing all my sibling goes through on a daily basis to stay alive and going "**** you" to everyone with the exact same struggle just because she struggles less. It's like a complete lack of empathy exists in these people, I don't understand.
I think you understand perfectly.

They have no empathy, and those who still lend their ear to the GOP because "they consider all options" are folks who don't pay attention to the general ****ery the party has become IF they don't have the same lack of empathy.

The other day, I had to tell a friend about that famous Trump supporter who said he wasn't hurting the people he needed to hurt. She had no idea his supporters talk like that.

An apparel company known for inflammatory apparel championing the Second Amendment and Donald Trump has been fined after the Federal Trade Commission found the company falsely claimed its imported apparel is made in the U.S.

Utah-based Lions Not Sheep and its owner, SeanWhalen, were slapped with a $211,335 fine last week after the FTC found the company removed “Made in China” tags, replacing them with fake “Made in the USA” labels, according to a FTC news release.

:lol:

But but but no collusion right? Manafort was in a joint defense agreement with Trump all the way, including while Manafort was obstructing justice during his cooperation agreement by lying about multiple matters such as the polling data. One of those lies during his cooperation agreement was about his contacts with Trump's team during his cooperation.
Trump then pardoned him for the obstruction and lying about sharing the confidential polling/campaign data with Russian intelligence, and all the financial crimes. But sure, no collusion.
https://www.businessinsider.com/pau...-kilimnik-2022-8?international=true&r=US&IR=T

Exclusive: Paul Manafort admits he passed Trump campaign data to a suspected Russian asset​

eea59d526b5f2c403e228ad7b2f585ae.png

Note: The Republican-led Senate Intel Committee concluded that Kilimnik didn't just have ties to Russian Intelligence but that he's actually a fullblown intelligence officer.
ad7ab7d4aeff6bc43a3cedb612d78d12.png

Manafort's deputy Rick Gates also told the FBI that Manafort's own employees believed that Kilimnik worked for Russian intelligence at least in the past.
b07dd46a55ded51ce50a4b2de84f0eb9.png

Last edited:

"Senator Sinema was instrumental in negotiating the historic, transformative Medicare drug negotiation plan included in the Inflation Reduction Act that will reduce out-of-pocket costs for seniors, save taxpayer dollars, and protect innovation to ensure Arizonans and Americans continue to have access to life-saving medications, and new cures and therapeutics."

This ***** has no shame

as funny as this would be,
Im just going to assume this is a Jamie Harrison / Lindsay Graham situation

tho Tim Ryan seems to be doing a better job of defining himself as different than a regular Democrat.

I feel Vance is going to win because of the partisan lean (Trump beat polling by 7.5 points, Ohio is red as hell now), but Vance seems like a bad campaigner and uniquely lazy person

He is like a great value Josh Hawley.

Tim Ryan is probably the best candidate the Dems could field in the state too.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the extremists who have seized the Ohio Statehouse via gerrymandering and a resulting GOP super-majority

Including the refusal to comply with a voter passed anti-gerrymandering amendment. The Ohio Supreme Court will tell a redistricting commission to draw new maps for 2024

Now let's watch the republican cowards go on a victory tour.
Drum roll please....

"Senator Sinema was instrumental in negotiating the historic, transformative Medicare drug negotiation plan included in the Inflation Reduction Act that will reduce out-of-pocket costs for seniors, save taxpayer dollars, and protect innovation to ensure Arizonans and Americans continue to have access to life-saving medications, and new cures and therapeutics."

This ***** has no shame

Hey look, I can conveniently clip too. Defund the police -- with better messaging.

Screenshot 2022-08-08 160454.png
lolwut???

the level of cope on this stuff is hilarious.
Karen Bass wants to literally hire more police, and have more police patrolling the streets.

if this is "defund the police" with better messaging.
the words "defund the police" literally have no meaning.

Karen Bass's position, basically lines up with what my position has always been,
reducing police violence costs more money not less, decreasing crime would likely involve spending more on officers and doing more patrolling not less.

the reality is you got way over your ski's on a stupid slogan
and tried to villainize me for telling you the plain reality of the situation.

and now you want to pretend like candidates wanting to hire more police
and have more police patrolling is validation of "defund the police"

get a god damn grip and just take the L.
stop doing ridiculous contortions to escape the obvious reality of the situation.

lolwut???

the level of cope on this stuff is hilarious.
Karen Bass wants to literally hire more police, and have more police patrolling the streets.

if this is "defund the police" with better messaging.
the words "defund the police" literally have no meaning.

Karen Bass's position, basically lines up with what my position has always been,
reducing police violence costs more money not less, decreasing crime would likely involve spending more on officers and doing more patrolling not less.

the reality is you got way over your ski's on a stupid slogan
and tried to villainize me for telling you the plain reality of the situation.

and now you want to pretend like candidates wanting to hire more police
and have more police patrolling is validation of "defund the police"

get a god damn grip and just take the L.
stop doing ridiculous contortions to escape the obvious reality of the situation.
200w.gif

Mans jumped super deep in his feelings.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh you are doing too much famb

I get you feel slighted by the "more funding for police" joke but the M Mark Antony using the joke basically read as that systematic issues that are making people feel unsafe in cities can't just be solved with just more police funding. It won't work.

And he is right on that point. It won't work

You wanted to counter his comment, he countered back. OK, But do we really need to take this discussion back to late 2020 though?

Seems like you are using M Mark Antony as a stand-in for everyone that pissed you off.

I get you feel slighted by the "more funding for police" joke but the M Mark Antony using the joke basically read as that systematic issues that are making people feel unsafe in cities can't just be solved with just more police funding. It won't work.

Seems like you are using M Mark Antony as a stand-in for everyone that pissed you off.
:lol: Basically, why i'm lost that this dude jumped out like we've been having a back and forth all day.

"Lions Not Sheep"

I think lions deserve better than to have their reps ruined by d-bags like this. Dude looks exactly as expected though :lol:

Wonder how many Punisher bumper stickers he has on his pickup truck.
Bet all the stickers you're gonna find are in his trunk. A sticker on his car is a sticker that hasn't been sold.

You wanted to counter his comment, he countered back. Do we really need to take this discussion back to late 2020 though?

people have repeating this lie/joke that my position is "give the police more money."
for a long time. that's fine.

what im not fine with is contorting actual facts to make it seem like im wrong
the joke started in reference to me, so when it's invoked I think it's fair for me to assume it's in reference to me.

people can continue with their jokes,
but every once in a while I think fair to clarify my record on "defund the police"

otherwise the joke / caricature is the only thing that remains.

people have repeating this lie/joke that my position is "give the police more money."
for a long time. that's fine.

what im not fine with is contorting actual facts to make it seem like im wrong
the joke started in reference to me, so when it's invoked I think it's fair for me to assume it's in reference to me.

people can continue with their jokes,
but every once in a while I think fair to clarify my record on "defund the police"

otherwise the joke / caricature is the only thing that remains.
:lol: I'm not mad at it
marlo-thewire.gif

Back
Top Bottom