***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Very big day of WINNING for Raphael/Rafael’s today….

1670387847599.png

1670387900570.png

The GOP won the state courts in Ohio, and North Carolina. So the GOP will get to gerrymander those states however they like.

Hopefully Kav realizes his team already won and doesn't do anything extreme

The GOP won the state courts in Ohio, and North Carolina. So the GOP will get to gerrymander those states however they like.

Hopefully Kav realizes his team already won and doesn't do anything extreme

Yeah… I am cautiously optimistic. A bridge too far even for this court

Yeah… I am cautiously optimistic. A bridge too far even for this court
Every single Chief Justice of every single state court, conservative and liberal, all wrote SCOTUS saying they should reject the independent state legislature doctrine. Hopefully Kav realising it is a stupid idea. But he is the one that want it to reach SCOTUS in the first place.

^I am hopeful that will hold sway with at least Kav and ACB. It's not just liberals siding with the voters

Kav’s former DC Circuit colleague Thomas Griffith (a bush appointee) has also weighed in on the voter's side

Still.. angst worthy. The stakes couldn’t be higher

GOP losing 3 in a row after hitching their wagon to Trump. Couldn't even win a midterm Senate race despite inflation, high gas prices, and record levels of economic anxiety and anti-wokeness racism. Their best and only exit strategy is DeSantis. The only thing they have going for them is 6-3 SCOTUS.

They've doubled down every time and now they need a miracle to dig themselves out.

That miracle? Donald J Trump. He did it once, he can do it again. Dems are done.

This man just be lying to lie :lol:

By the end of the week, we may have a picture of Walker's ashy shins with a baseball and a catcher's mitt sitting next to his cleats on the floor, in order to prove that he was like an uncle to Donald Trump Jr.

If we can continue to have more people with blue leanings move to Georgia and somehow can sway North Carolina in the next decade it could pivot the tide a bit. I’ve had a lot of left leaning coworkers move to Charlotte.

The political ramifications of building new research, knowledge economy, and educational hubs are yet another reason why America should follow RustyShackleford RustyShackleford 's proposal to build Federal Universities. In addition to the primary benefit of making sure that there are enough spots in colleges and universities to accommodate every smart kid (and anyone who teaches at colleges and universities quickly sees that there are currently far more smart kids than there are spots at institutions of higher learning, especially in graduate and professional schools, particularly medical schools), new Democratic voters can be created and be enticed to move to highly competitive purple States and even flip red States.

In the first 30 years after WW2, a combination of massive expansion of State university systems as well as military R&D, created the Goldwater, Nixon, and later on the Reagan and Newt Gingrich GOP coalitions (in addition to freeways, water and irrigation projects, and sanctioned racial discrimination in mortgage and housing subsidies, of course). The Liberal/Progressive/Left Democratic answer to that should be to create dozens of Federal Universities and nearby create housing economies that encourage renting or buying into high density housing co-ops and creating jobs that center on scientific research, research related to the human infrastructure (how to be a better social worker or counselor or a teacher who can better teach a diverse group of student), mental health, preserving indigenous language and cultural practices, the arts,, urban planning, smart grids, cybersecurity, deep tech, firmware, AI, cybernetics, reforestation/reversing desertification, climate change, and of course a ton of work on carbon neutral and carbon negative energy and other technologies.

Build these hubs in the rust belt, in the Rio Grande Valley, in California's Central Valley, in Wyoming, Idaho, in the Black Belt, in largely indigenous areas in New Mexico and Alaska, in Hawai'i (so that the environmentally destructive tourism and military sectors become less crucial to the local economy)

How can they announce it that fast? Feel like this **** usually takes a few days, not trying to see another Lauren Boebert situation.

This Trump fraud BS is so disappointing. 1.6 mil fine is it???? Can anyone tell me why this is a good thing? I thought the punishment would be wild. Years of this for a ****in small fine is such a joke.

As much as I criticize the Democratic Party, I still donate a lot to them. Obviously DSA and DSA aligned candidates get a lot from me but after that group, I end up giving a bunch to Southern and Rust belt candidates who are progressive, even if they are only just moderately progressive, I'm giving them money because I feel that it is important to show that progressives are indeed, very much electable. Even better if the candidate is a POC, a woman, or an LGBTQ candidate or someone with an unconventional background for a politician. This is even more so the case when the candidate is running a Statewide election in a place like Georgia that so many in the consulting class had written off as a Southern, red, and unwinnable State until pretty recently. I want to help to push back against the DCCC narrative that only white, military veterans and prosecutors who run centrists campaigns which are lavishly funded by large financial institutions and Raytheon are electable. If anything, progressives have been doing better in general elections.

So tonight, seeing the Georgia election, it feels good and lays the groundwork for more progressives and leftist getting nominated and winning general lections in the future. People have been beaten down for so long that it has become hard for people to even imagine things becoming better. Wins like tonight's' help in that crucial first step in fundamentally remaking America into a better country, letting people realistically believe that better things are possible.

49% of the Georgia voting population really looked at HW and said.. "yuuuup.. I reckon he'll lead us good"

Back
Top Bottom