***Official Political Discussion Thread***

As a quasi business owner I pay Uncle Sam a ton in taxes (had to pay 6 figures on tax day in total) but it is what it is.

Look at what I started. :pimp:
devil-dave-chapelle.gif

I am not even gonna say no offense because knowing you, you will take offense anyway

But this post sounds like a rant you would here at a local libertarians convention.

The government taxes economic transactions.

If you are against this concept with shoes, then you are against the entire system of taxation. An entire pillar of a functioning advanced economy.

Never said I was against taxes. Said I was against the double dipping on sales tax . And no I’m not offended, I like how you gas light with “you’ll probably be offended though”

Never change Rusty. Never change.

Yep that affirmed it, I’m lying.

Im honest with my stocks, and sports betting but this? Nope gunna have to catch me for this one.

Never said I was against taxes. Said I was against the double dipping on sales tax . And no I’m not offended, I like how you gas light with “you’ll probably be offended though”

Never change Rusty. Never change.
The IRS doesn't collect sales tax. There is no federal VAT or sales tax.

Mainly state governments do, because they are imposed by state governments.

So you can clutch your pearls all you want, but you clearly don't know what you are even angry about in the first place.

Try to change. If not for yourself, for Jameson

While we’re having the big tax talk.

What would it take to get a windfall tax going again? Why hasn’t it been done to curb inflation?

The IRS doesn't collect sales tax. There is no federal VAT or sales tax.

Mainly state governments do, because they are imposed by state governments.

So you can clutch your pearls all you want, but you clearly don't know what you are even angry about in the first place.

Try to change. If not for yourself, for Jameson

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Can’t educate people without being condescending.

Just the nature of the beast.

Ok that’s wild. So the IRS only wants a way to gain extra money but doesn’t want people to be able to report losses?

How so? If you want to capture losses to offset future gains then register yourself as a sneaker reseller and start your own LLC. You are doing this as a hobby and not your business. You want that cake then you need to do extra leg work.

There are some posters in here that have humbly educated, and then there’s some that can’t help but be condescending based on grudges from past arguments.

Be better Rusty, be better.

Yep that affirmed it, I’m lying.

Im honest with my stocks, and sports betting but this? Nope gunna have to catch me for this one.
If the IRS takes you to trial, and calls me as a witness, I'm warning you that you are gonna be on your own.

I'm pulling to the courthouse in an Uber, with it blasting Gunna's entire catalog.

So everyone knows what time it is.

Last edited:
Rusty needs a 🐇 to soften him up.

I swear dude’s mission is to hold on to NT beefs and put people down in a subtle way as much as possible. Then when I call him out on it he’s gonna tell me I’m crying about it. Nah, just being observant and pointing out the obvious.

The two caveats I think everyone is missing.

1. Only the buyer ever pays sales tax . So if you decide to buy soemthing on stockx one. Shoe for 1k that’s on your as the buyer. If you buying because you are “investing” or to wear that is on you. The argument of double dipping while applies is not a smart argument because all revenue agencies tax you on each economic transaction. Aka a change of hands.

2. You guys are forgetting that if your state (and city if it applies) will also tax you if you get that stockx, PayPal, and/or Venmo 1099.

I swear dude’s mission is to hold on to NT beefs and put people down in a subtle way as much as possible. Then when I call him out on it he’s gonna tell me I’m crying about it. Nah, just being observant and pointing out the obvious.
You leaving out the part when you yourself tried to throw out insults but because it backfired spectacularly, you know try to stick with this "Rusty is mean" schtick

Dude, you are a grown man, stop being so fragile because someone doesn't coddle your bad takes.

How so? If you want to capture losses to offset future gains then register yourself as a sneaker reseller and start your own LLC. You are doing this as a hobby and not your business. You want that cake then you need to do extra leg work.

So I have to have an LLC to capture losses, but I don’t need one for them to tax my gains? That doesn’t seem one sided? This doesn’t apply to trading securities.

If the IRS takes you to trial, and calls me as a witness, imma warn you that you are gonna be on your own.

I'm pulling to the courthouse in an Uber, with it blasting Gunna's entire catalog.

So everyone knows what time it is.

Smh this is all cause I slandered the Suns

Back
Top Bottom