***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I’ll let you know if I get an email. Kind of doubt it since I make ok money.

I remember I changed my plan though a long time ago when I was real broke.

Extremist groups

sddefault.jpg

Dude, it is pretty obvious she meant to say pollution, and misspoke
That makes more sense. I couldnt tell what she meant to say, I just know it sounded obsurd.
Using DC Draino as a source though. :smh:
I dont know who the poster is, just checking the information presented. It seemed odd, which is why I wanted more info, which is what I typically do.

Microsoft just abandoned three large office towers near me (Bellevue, east of Seattle). They'll be empty for a loooooong time, if not forever. Amazon built four huge towers nearby and they won't even fill them. They're just finishing the exteriors and going to let them sit for awhile.

This all in the backdrop of surging homelessness and general housing insecurity in those same cities.

There would be much more housing if empty commercial space were converted to urban housing and companies made the far better and environmentally sound remote work the norm and kept it that way.

It makes sense from a resource standpoint but already very rich people would be slightly less rich so it’s not happening, at scale, anytime soon.

Turn them into apartments

This gets discussed in the Seattle area. I was talking to a friend of mine today about this. He works for a contractor that does large scale buildings (malls, high rise apartments, condos, etc.). He said it's cheaper to tear the buildings down and start over. Converting commercial buildings to residential is a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom