***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Yeah i’m good with that.

-No foreign nationals allowed to buy or own housing
-No corporations allowed to own SFRs / housing
-No one person can own more than 10 properties

would solve a lot of problems in California

What about foreign nationals with a permanent residence visa? Valid work visa?

Some highly selective universities and colleges have dropped legacy admissions, including Amherst, Johns Hopkins, Carnegie Mellon and M.I.T.

But most have been reluctant to give up the practice, arguing that it helps build a strong intergenerational community and encourages donations, which can be used for financial aid.

One could still point out that since ending legacy admissions has not been declared unconstitutional, the practice could be reinstated when the smoke clears, especially when the donation bag gets lighter.

One could still point out that since ending legacy admissions has not been declared unconstitutional, the practice could be reinstated when the smoke clears, especially when the donation bag gets lighter.

Will be interesting to see how this develops. Way too many ways to still ensure that legacies are admitted.

Chinese nationals buying up property on the west coast is a serious problem. Not so much in Florida.
Took over Vancouver, BC and bought a ton of homes in Irvine, CA. See all their kids and their expensive cars hanging out lol.

If any problem concerning housing doesn't begin with reforming zoning laws and building more housing, then it is not a serious proposal

Other things might help too, and we should do that too.

But Chinese nationals buying into US real estate is:

From the right, just mostly just about racism and xenophobia

From the left, a way to avoid talking about the major issues really driving up housing prices

If America and Canada and a better approach to housing, foreign nationals, corporations, and real estate investors, would not see these homes at an attractive investment.

Last edited:
If any problem concerning housing doesn't begin with reforming zoning laws and building more housing, then it is not a serious proposal

Other things might help too, and we should do that too.

But Chinese nationals buying into US real estate is:

From the right, just mostly just about racism and xenophobia

From the left, a way to avoid talking about the major issues really driving up housing prices

If America and Canada and a better approach to housing, foreign nationals, corporations, and real estate investors, would not see these homes at an attractive investment.
Yes, but if we're smart, we let them keep buying houses at inflated prices, and then all of a sudden remove all zoning laws and build a bunch of new homes and watch their investments lose all value.

all part of the plan.

I lived in SE Asia for awhile and am acutely aware of the nine-dash line issues but srsly no one would've ever noticed especially not preteen girls if those countries and this chump hadn't pointed it out in the movie. major Streisand Effect in play.
What they accuse China of attempting surreptitiously through film, they do in broad daylight for textbooks:

The updated standards include noting that enslaved people developed skills that “could be applied for their personal benefit,” and that in teaching about mob violence against Black residents instructors should also note “acts of violence perpetrated against and by African Americans.”

A Manchin candidacy is interesting
6iw5etd1NQk5I6XyV-WXkfEP8EE=.gif

Her past support of Trump has done seemingly irrecoverable damage to people’s perception of her.

MTG Greene showed images from Hunter Biden 's sex tape at a House hearing with the IRS today

They are kinda censored, but explicit enough where I don't feel comfortable posting them in here

This woman is loony as ****

MTG Greene showed images from Hunter Biden 's sex tape at a House hearing with the IRS today

They are kinda censored, but explicit enough where I don't feel comfortable posting them in here

This woman is loony as ****

Well, we know she's bat**** crazy. And we also know the word "Decorum" is a lost word with her and her party! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm honestly surprised they even allowed it, given the subject matter.

Well, we know she's bat**** crazy. And we also know the word "Decorum" is a lost word with her and her party! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm honestly surprised they even allowed it, given the subject matter.
That's what happens when the "speaker" of the House gets pressed and let's Marge run the party in broad daylight. She makes the rules and decides what's allowed for their party. Embarrassing from Spineless Kev.

Saw the poster she put up. Hunter needs to sue her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom