***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Biden and Pelosi are two democrats who are the most tied to donors. If there is an issue with Biden and Donors they are going to heavily consider the opinions of the Donors.

I have said this before the line in the sand is black voters, progressives, and unions on one side. With maybe Governors involved too, since they seem willing to back Biden.

And on the other side Blue Dog Dems and the Donors.

Exactly.

And don't forget. Nothing, absolutely nothing guarantees that the favorable polls we see today won't dip when the switch happens.

atlsfinest atlsfinest if it were up to me, nothing would be done right now, except putting more of the spotlight on Kamala. Both candidates AND their VPs AND their administrations are known quantities. If fear is the driver for hesitancy towards Biden, assuage it by highlighting, at every single opportunity, the fact that the founders had an answer for an incapacitated POTUS. Challenge the electorate and their faith in this system. Is it a gamble? Definitely. But I think it's a better gamble than switching the ticket long after the primaries, and a few months before the election, especially if the plan is to maintain 1/2 of the original ticket.

I get what you're saying but you need to consider that Joe Biden is not the only candidate on the ballot. Joe is running far behind down ballot Democrats.

A lot of other people's jobs are on the line in November and those people are starting to panic. I would imagine (or hope) they have more accurate polling data than we do so if they are panicking that should tell us something. Apparently he is running 10 points behind the Democratic Senate candidates in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. If Biden is performing so poorly that he drags down other Democrats then there is the chance that the Democrats lose not only the presidency but the house and the Senate as well.

At this point the presidency is a lost cause: Joe is not pulling out and to Joe is not going to win. We are in disaster mitigation mode now.

What would you do differently Princeton educated economist?

I would have publicly blamed the Fed for the issues in the housing market to shift the public perception away from blaming the President.

Then appointed a new chair of the Federal Reserve with the number #1 priority to fix the housing market.

jiFfM.jpg

I just can't! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂

Sounds like the worse case scenario and the infighting has begun.

I don’t think they win the White House if infighting happens regardless of the candidate.

This is actually what I want to hear people explain. Because I haven’t heard one coherent and logical explanation to date.

Easy - advocate for a Federal Reserve Chair that puts monetary policies in place to increase housing supply. Advocate for legislation that increases housing supply.

Do everything in his power to increase housing supply and lower the cost of housing.

Do this at a high profile state of the union type speech and during the debate:

Then this

Easy - advocate for a Federal Reserve Chair that puts monetary policies in place to increase housing supply. Advocate for legislation that increases housing supply.

Do everything in his power to increase housing supply and lower the cost of housing.

Do this at a high profile state of the union type speech and during the debate:

Then this

So how would you expect this chair to accomplish this? You literally put out a nothing burger with a vague idea.

Sounds like the worse case scenario and the infighting has begun.

I don’t think they win the White House if infighting happens regardless of the candidate.
It's marred Biden's candidacy further, they have no choice but to replace him now. If they rallied behind him after the debate and did their best to control the narrative I thought they could've salvaged it. Polls aren't votes and the debate was bad but we're 4 months out and wet dog **** beats Trump if enough people vote. But instead they immediately resorted to infighting, backstabbing and gossiping. Politics is about optics and enough Dems bought in to the post debate fearmongering to sink any chances. It's been 2 weeks of this now. If your own party won't loudly support you after a successful 4 year presidency, why would anyone else? Switch to Kamala at the convention and let's pray America is ready to elect a black woman as president.

Back
Top Bottom