***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Low-key

I BET you none of them even read it for the last two years because they believed so much in the "just be the direct opposite of everything Obama and we'll be fine" game plan.

Then when it dropped in their laps, they were like "yo, this ish is kinda good. We gotta figure out a way to make ourselves the hero and not the villain" and that's what they're working on now
Like Rusty sad though, they have had 7 years to come up with a better plan. Still can't repeal with a better replacement eh.....

I'm sure they will soon get a party memo to cease public discussions of the ACA.

I'm disappointed. I was getting ready to do a lot of pointing and laughing.
I bet next year they are just going to rename ACA and just leave it at is

So I heard Donald Trump is now saying healthcare law is going to take til next year.
laugh.gif

It's almost like there is no such thing as half way crooks.
nerd.gif

Republicans have been compltley full of **** regarding obamacare for the past 8 years and health care policy in general and now it's come home to roost,

I'm REALLY enjoying watching them squirm.
laugh.gif
It's easy to complain. It's difficult to provide constructive criticism and think of solutions. I encounter this **** on a daily basis and it drives me ******* mad. 

This is why I got zero patience for the "wait and see what the GOP comes up with" crowd, even the dudes in here.

And idiots in the GOP trick million of people into thinking Obama finessed them with the ACA.

The last time the GOP made any sense on healthcare was when Nixon proposed a plan more left wing than Obamacare. Imagine ******* that.

Low-key

I BET you none of them even read it for the last two years because they believed so much in the "just be the direct opposite of everything Obama and we'll be fine" game plan.

Then when it dropped in their laps, they were like "yo, this ish is kinda good. We gotta figure out a way to make ourselves the hero and not the villain" and that's what they're working on now

Many members of the GOP is well versed in how the ACA works. They systematically attacked it from the jump. They knew if the ACA was allowed to settle in and was fell funded, and well maintained, too many American would fall in love with it. They got lucky as hell it didn't pass with a public option.

They reason they are stuck is because economist told them that repealing it recklessly would probably send the country into a recession, there is no better right wing option (that provides better coverage, and is cheaper), and most importantly some of their lobbyist are pulling themselves in different directions.

The Health Insurance lobby wants to keep some stuff, the AARP wants to keep other stuff, Republican governors (maybe even some that held out to spit Obama) want the Medicaid expansion to remain.

But you're right, these dudes are either buying time on a move to blame Dems for a repeal, or buying time to re-brand it to get a political win.

But they have to make a move eventually, if they defund it and throw it into a death spiral, it will blow back on them hard because they already are on record saying it is an easy fix.

But true, some reports, some members of the GOP seem completely lost and some realize that the ACA needs to be the backbone of their new plan.

-But people's lives are at risk, so I hope enough of them get serious at go what needs to be done. I don't care if they score a huge political win, I don't want people's lives destroyed to prove a point. I'm not gonna sink to Ted Cruz's level

Last edited:
I'm sure they will soon get a party memo to cease public discussions of the ACA.

i can't remember where i saw this joke, but it was that p diddy released a remix to billie jean that is identical to the original song.

Yup i been saying this for a min now, seems like their go to move ...the republicans and their supporters are simple, they attached obamas name to it and got the dummies riled up ...alotta of em think the healthcare act and "Obama care" are 2 different things :lol:

The gon keep everything the same and tell ppl it's call something like "freedom care " or "patriot America 1st health" and they gon eat it up :lol: :smh:

Is there any qualification or redeeming quality to DeVos as secretary of education? This is amazing. WATTBA

Is there any qualification or redeeming quality to DeVos as secretary of education? This is amazing. WATTBA

Her family runs the highly successful, multi time champion, NBA franchise the Orlando Magic

...oh wait.

lol I'm saying, aside from being the wife of a dude running a pyramid scheme company and the Magic, how is she anywhere near sec of education? She doesn't know basic education metrics.

I bring it up because I'm wondering how any of the senate republicans can seriously justify confirming her nomination, aside from being partisan morons?

Edit: ...or they're on the take from somewhere :nerd:

Last edited:

Her family runs the highly successful, multi time champion, NBA franchise the Orlando Magic

...oh wait.

lol I'm saying, aside from being the wife of a dude running a pyramid scheme company and the Magic, how is she anywhere near sec of education? She doesn't know basic education metrics.

I bring it up because I'm wondering how any of the senate republicans can seriously justify confirming her nomination, aside from being partisan morons?

I'd be relieved if that was all they were.

Unfortunately, these are smart people who have decided to do away with the notion of being civil servants.

They know the political power they yield, and they intend to exploit it until they die.

It's the only way you can justify the kind of practices the GOP has adopted for the last two decades. They just don't believe in a society that is good for all.

Didn't know she was wife of the Orlando magic owner. That should automatically disqualify her :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Look if she runs your education system like her family runs the Magic I'm sure it will be good.

What's the education policy equivalent of trading Victor Oladio, the 11th pick in the draft for 8 months of Serge Ibaka?

Anyone peep this...this is the problem with dudes like NH and them, who claim not being racist simply because they don't yell out racist slurs, is the subtle racism in their lack of empathy, racism they themselves are in denial of, this kid goes off about not being racist, but then has the lack of respect and empathy to make a joke about "hanging from a tree" then looks at the one black kid and says "no offense" BRUH HOW OUT OF TOUCH AND SHELTERED MUST YOU BE TO THINK THATS COOL? Does he not see the irony, this is why to me ANYONE who voted Trump regardless of motive is racist to some extent....you supported a blatant RACIST, a man that refused to denounced support from the KKK, a man that couldn't tell the difference between black people and inner cities as if the two were unanimous...some are racists and don't even know it, so yes, if you a minority that supported him, you are a self hating racist, if you are white and supported him, you are racist...may not be nazi level racism, could be ceaser salad level racism.

Funny you mention the pyramid scheme company. I live in Grand Rapids where they are from, everything is Devos and Amway here, and I can't tell you the amount of times someone's tried to get me in on that amway pyramid scheme.

Last edited:
Anyone peep this...this is the problem with dudes like NH and them, who claim not being racist simply because they don't yell out racist slurs, is the subtle racism in their lack of empathy, racism they themselves are in denial of, this kid goes off about not being racist, but then has the lack of respect and empathy to make a joke about "hanging from a tree" then looks at the one black kid and says "no offense" BRUH HOW OUT OF TOUCH AND SHELTERED MUST YOU BE TO THINK THATS COOL? Does he not see the irony, this is why to me ANYONE who voted Trump regardless of motive is racist to some extent....you supported a blatant RACIST, a man that refused to denounced support from the KKK, a man that couldn't tell the difference between black people and inner cities as if the two were unanimous...some are racists and don't even know it, so yes, if you a minority that supported him, you are a self hating racist, if you are white and supported him, you are racist...may not be nazi level racism, could be ceaser salad level racism.

facts...or its how Ninjahood gets super smug and happy when he thinks the shooter of a mosque is muslim or he finds out that a person, who was unrightfully gunned down by a person in walmart, was in a stolen car.  

it's literally the same thought process of all the racist white people 

Last edited:
not saying he's racist, but....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...with-obama-because-hes-mad-at-the-white-house

When the New England Patriots took a visit to the White House on April 23 to celebrate the team's Super Bowl win, there was one notable absence: Tom Brady.

According to the Patriots, Brady skipped out on the White House visit because he had a previously planned "family commitment."

As it turns out though, Brady wasn't with his family when the Patriots went to Washington DC on the morning of April 23. According to ESPN.com, the Patriots quarterback was actually at Gillette Stadium getting some stretching in while the rest of the team was visiting with Obama.

Less than 24 hours later, Brady was at an Apple Store in New York City checking out the company's new Apple watch.

Back
Top Bottom