***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Maybe Ninja should spend those 18 hours of the day learning about other stuff, not just fill his head with noise that he barely understand.

Do you even technology bro?

da Honda VX is 25 years old...u should be looking in da mirror. :lol:

Technology moves forward, i aint tryna go back 25 years [emoji]128129[/emoji]

Ehhh, just plug it in in the garage while you sleep n you good [emoji]128129[/emoji]

yeah, say hasta la vista to your electric bill :lol:

and da biggest irony is 66% of Telsas runs on coal & natural gas, da other 20% is nuclear..

[emoji]128129[/emoji] fab to that :lol:

When the roof of your HOUSE is covered in solar panels, charging a car overnight is lightwork [emoji]128170[/emoji]

go find out how long it takes for solar panels to generate enough electric power to fill da batteries of a Telsa... *psst*..it's gonna be a while *psst*

Roof. Covered. California. Sunshine. We harnessing the power of the Sun outchea my boy. Last I checked, it lights up the entire sky, so I'm pretty sure that Tesla is even lighter work

[emoji]127774[/emoji][emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]128267[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]127958[/emoji][emoji]127865[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128129[/emoji]

I think we can all agree that costs need to be driven down to make clean energy a more practical technology. That's what scientists are for. To help figure that part out.

Its much harder to do that when we have presidents like Trump cutting scientists down at the knee.

Last edited:
I appreciate that physics article though. They just got to bring the cost down. As long as they can recreate the sporty driving experience for the price I can afford, I'm good to switch over.

Last time I checked (a long time ago), the battery cost accounted for roughly 1/2 of the cost of electric cars, which explains their higher MSRP when they were introduced. With battery storage cost going down relative to their capacity, you now have the ability to make 30k all electric sedans with great range.

That's the thing about technology: if the idea is solid, the initial investment is one of the most significant barriers to overcome. After that, economies of scale and technical improvements eventually lower the price and make technology accessible to the general public. That is true for EV as it was true for the PC, combustion engine cars, electric distribution, 3d-printing, etc...

One last thing about how disingenuous NH is when it comes to EVs: nobody accounts for the amount of energy wasted to pull oil out of the ground, transport it from one continent to another, and refine it. Including the increased consumption of electeicity can only be valid if we also consider the ancillary costs of consuming gas.

Last edited:
If I hadn't gotten the Volt last year I'd be all over that new Chevy Bolt now.

Sounds like rural schools going to take a hit under DeVos. Rural schools comprise most of middle America don't they. The ppl who voted for Trump [emoji]129300[/emoji]

That list of ppl regretting that they voted for Trump getting longer..

*edit

Maine carried Hillary though.
frown.gif
Republicans are really masochists. 

Last time I checked (a long time ago), the battery cost accounted for roughly 1/2 of the cost of electric cars, which explains their higher MSRP when they were introduced. With battery storage cost going down relative to their capacity, you now have the ability to make 30k all electric sedans with great range.

That's the thing about technology: if the idea is solid, the initial investment is one of the most significant barriers to overcome. After that, economies of scale and technical improvements eventually lower the price and make technology accessible to the general public. That is true for EV as it was true for the PC, combustion engine cars, electric distribution, 3d-printing, etc...

One last thing about how disingenuous NH is when it comes to EVs: nobody accounts for the amount of energy wasted to pull oil out of the ground, transport it from one continent to another, and refine it. Including the increased consumption of electeicity can only be valid if we also consider the ancillary costs of consuming gas.
look at 4k TVs now 

I appreciate that physics article though. They just got to bring the cost down. As long as they can recreate the sporty driving experience for the price I can afford, I'm good to switch over.

they can't & haven't been able to because batteries Don't have da range, energy density, and charging speed capacity..

unless you come up with another battery tech (Graphene...which is expensive as ****) that can charge faster an pack energy with better density performance, Gasoline will be da big dog for decades+ to come.

You have a point about charging speed but I think they've already told you multiple times that energy density is not needed if the energy is spent more efficiently. And in that article they've already said that Tesla models are capable of covering the same distance on a single charge as a car that gets 35 miles to the gallon. That's pretty typical mpg rate for a car. I don't think even my gas powered car goes 35 mpg.

your gas powered automobile isn't being federally subsidize to compete price wide either.

unless you can charge a electric car as far as you can gas up a internal combustion car, da EV market will be relegated to niche status and States than mandate brands to sell a percentage of EV's to them.

The major flaw in NH's argument is the assumption that carbon-based energy sources are infinite, which is not true. They are large and non-renewable. We may find new ways to extract more from the ground, but the fact remains that oil doesn't form as fast as we consume it and over time, we'll run out of it.

The subsidies he mentions are part of a large scale investment in a future where we will be able to reliably produce continuous electricity from sources that have never disappeared (wind, sun, waves, geothermal, etc).

unless you can charge a electric car as far as you can gas up a internal combustion car, da EV market will be relegated to niche status and States than mandate brands to sell a percentage of EV's to them.

I'm convinced you never read man lol

lithium ion is not competitive against gas, holla at me when da industry finds out a better battery to store and charge faster, and be cost effective, by than time I won't even care...ill probably be retired by then. :lol:

Sounds like rural schools going to take a hit under DeVos. Rural schools comprise most of middle America don't they. The ppl who voted for Trump [emoji]129300[/emoji]

That list of ppl regretting that they voted for Trump getting longer..

*edit

Maine carried Hillary though. :frown:

Republicans are really masochists. 

Issue I have w/ this is, these rural people moved away to be away from black people and other minorities, w/ short term site. Just like the small townships/boroughs/etc. they want their pride and power but then say they can't do this and that do to lack of funds and other issues. But they chose separate.

He's too busy wasting his time watching tv. He'd rather just blindly defend fossil fuels because he wants automobile manufacturers to continue producing muscle cars that he can't buy.

*sigh*

da larger point is artificially raising da price of energy for political ideology is stupid.

I'm glad we're all da wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off that.

You have a point about charging speed but I think they've already told you multiple times that energy density is not needed if the energy is spent more efficiently. And in that article they've already said that Tesla models are capable of covering the same distance on a single charge as a car that gets 35 miles to the gallon. That's pretty typical mpg rate for a car. I don't think even my gas powered car goes 35 mpg.

Stop being dense.

Bro what is the point? This cat is a child, even if the evidence is clear and you use his own words agains t him, the second he can't find a way to argue back because the evidence stacked against him is too stron and the only options left is either be a man and say "I was wrong guys" or go on ignore mode, dude rather ignore every bring from that pint forth...

Ninja why is it so hard for you to utter those words? Why is your ego so fragile? I really think you should seek therapy, this is not normal human behavior and it must be a **** for you to interact with people in real life.

He's too busy wasting his time watching tv. He'd rather just blindly defend fossil fuels because he wants automobile manufacturers to continue producing muscle cars that he can't buy.

*sigh*

da larger point is artificially raising da price of energy for political ideology is stupid.

I'm glad we're all da wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off that.

-It is not just political ideology. There are tons of economic and public safety arguments that can be made too.

-And excuse me, you support a man that ran on the promise of artificially raising the cost of all imports for political ideology. Which is economically stupid

It is like you try your best to look like a hypocrite as much as possible. But then again, I don't think you're capable of making cogent arguments, and defending them, so I guess it is what it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom