***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Donald Trump
's senior aide Kellyanne Conway
 has suggested Barack Obama could have monitored the President through a microwave.

When she was asked about Mr Trump's claims in an interview with USA Today
, Ms Conway suggested the surveillance may have involved far more than wiretapping.

She said: “What I can say is there are many ways to surveil each other.

“You can surveil someone through their phones, certainly through their television sets — any number of different ways.”

She claimed surveillance could be conducted with "microwaves that turn into cameras," and added: “We know this is a fact of modern life.”

The unsubstantiated claim comes after Mr Trump's evidence-free accusation he was wiretapped by Mr Obama during the presidential election, a charge the former president denied.

FBI director James Comey has privately urged the Justice Department to dispute Mr Trump's claim, but has not come forward to do so himself. 

A senior congressional aide said the House intelligence committee asked the Trump administration to provide evidence the phones were tapped, a request reinforced by an influential Republican, Senator John McCain. 

"I think the president has one of two choices: either retract or to provide the information that the American people deserve, because, if his predecessor violated the law, President Obama violated the law, we have got a serious issue here, to say the least," the Arizona senator said. 

Mr Obama's director of national intelligence, James Clapper, has said nothing matching Mr Trump's claims had taken place.

Regardless, Mr Trump has asked Congress to investigate.

Last edited:
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN16K0XG

daily briefingVIEW MORE
TOP NEWS
Mon Mar 13, 2017 | 5:53 AM EDT
Fed may have to accelerate rate rises to accommodate Trump policies: ECB's Visco

Bank of Italy Governor Ignazio Visco attends the session 'Recharging Europe' in the Swiss mountain resort of Davos January 23, 2015. REUTERS/Ruben Sprich
Bank of Italy Governor Ignazio Visco attends the session 'Recharging Europe' in the Swiss mountain resort of Davos January 23, 2015.
REUTERS/RUBEN SPRICH
X
The economic policies of U.S. President Donald Trump could hurt global trade and could speed up an increase in U.S. interest rates, European Central Bank policy maker Ignazio Visco said on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Given the current situation of the U.S. economy, which is close to full employment, strong fiscal expansion risks having a pro-cyclical impact," Visco said in a speech at the Italian foreign ministry.

"In such a case, the process of normalizing monetary conditions undertaken by the Federal Reserve could be less gradual," said Visco, who sits on the ECB Governing Council and is the governor of the Bank of Italy.

"The consequent appreciation of the dollar and increase in medium-to-long-term interest rates, which up until now have been contained, could accentuate and reverberate their impact on international markets," he said, adding that this could hurt emerging markets.

(Reporting by Giuseppe Fonte, writing by Crispian Balmer)

Steve King says to hell with Dog Whistles, my man went full white supremacy on CNN this morning :lol: :smh:. Doubled down on that racist tweet.

http://snpy.tv/2mRVeI8

Rep. Steve King:

-"I'd like to see an America that's just so homogenous that we look a lot the same"-

He's been a POS for the longest.

I've said this in the past; "Culture" is the new racism. Just replace the word "race" with any sentence about black "culture" and you'll know how they really feel.

I'm glad Steven King was dumb enough to come out with his beliefs.
Steve King is the same clown who asked what have non-whites contributed to civilization at the republican convention

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/us/politics/steve-king-nonwhite-subgroups.html
Representative Steve King, Republican of Iowa, questioned the historical contributions of nonwhite “subgroups” during an appearance on MSNBC on Monday, igniting swift backlash online.

Mr. King spoke during a panel discussion, led by the MSNBC host Chris Hayes, about the racial makeup of the Republican Party on the first day of the party’s convention.

“If you’re really optimistic, you can say this was the last time that old white people would command the Republican Party’s attention, its platform, its public face,” Charles P. Pierce, a writer at large at Esquire magazine, said during the panel discussion.

In response, Mr. King said: “This whole ‘old white people’ business does get a little tired, Charlie. I’d ask you to go back through history and figure out where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you are talking about? Where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?”

“Than white people?” Mr. Hayes asked.

Mr. King responded: “Than Western civilization itself that’s rooted in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and the United States of America, and every place where the footprint of Christianity settled the world. That’s all of Western civilization.”

Frantic yelling ensued, with the panelists speaking over one another. “What about Africa? What about Asia?” April Ryan, a reporter on the panel, said.

“We’re not going to argue the history of civilization,” Mr. Hayes said. “Let me note for the record that if you’re looking at the ledger of Western civilization, for every flourishing democracy you’ve got Hitler and Stalin as well. So there’s a lot on both sides.”

Some Twitter users said Mr. Hayes should have allowed a response instead of going to a commercial break, and he said on Twitter that they might have a point.

Mr. King, who was first elected to Congress in 2002, did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

In 2013, he attracted criticism  after saying that for every child of illegal immigrants “who’s a valedictorian, there’s another 100 out there who weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.” In June, he moved to block an effort  to put Harriet Tubman, the abolitionist, on the $20 bill.

On Twitter, Ms. Ryan called Mr. King “mentally stunted” and said she had wanted to respond but had not been able to get her word in. “Steve King you need to learn about race and contributions by other societies in this country,” she tweeted.

Other Twitter users quickly attacked Mr. King for the comments.

Last edited:
@RepBarbaraLee:
My ancestors were brought here in chains. I’m the daughter of a veteran. But to Steve King, my family & I are just “somebody else’s babies.”

:smh:

Steve King says to hell with Dog Whistles, my man went full white supremacy on CNN this morning :lol: :smh:. Doubled down on that racist tweet.

http://snpy.tv/2mRVeI8

Rep. Steve King:

-"I'd like to see an America that's just so homogenous that we look a lot the same"-

He's been a POS for the longest.

I've said this in the past; "Culture" is the new racism. Just replace the word "race" with any sentence about black "culture" and you'll know how they really feel.

Yup :lol:,even Richard Spencer's cosigning

Last edited:
King's seat is up for reelection next year I believe. Dems need to run him a fade by way of advertising next year, and try to get more angry Dems votes.

I love the dog whistles, it has been all about "race" for the past eight years. :lol:

Obama's presidency really did send these clowns crazy

Still feel like he's holding back though.

He def is holding back :lol:. But the racism always slowly leaks out.....then Boom. One day, they explode and go full racist :lol:.

I always laughed at what he said at the republican convention last year. The mere thought that the history of people is 400 years old.....and white people now pretending like they are indegnious to America....and at the same time hardworking immigrants who built the country on moral terms is mindblwoing snd hilarious to me.

This dude also had the nerve to say...."wherever the English language went, freedom followed it".......

If that ain't the sickest case of convienent amnesia.....

I've never seen an inferiority complex as strong and robust as the white man's. If you're the greatest you don't have to harp on it every moment because people already know. But if you have to constantly boost yourself and your "race" up, then you're clearly trying to overcompensate for something.

:rofl: at Sean Spicer backpedalling on Trumps wire tapping claims.

Says, "Trump didn't literally mean it. That's why he put it in quotes."

Homie even did the air quotes sign :lol:

Back
Top Bottom