***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account  @kylegriffin1 Apr 19

Exxon is seeking a U.S. waiver to resume a Russian oil venture— the venture was forged in 2012 by Rex Tillerson http://on.wsj.com/2oLQnsd  pic.twitter.com/umMptVp5NQ

C9y07VWW0AEntYH.jpg

these cars are 50k? and he can't afford them? while living in rent-controlled housing?

what are you spending your money on?

Lemme try my hand at this:

This is all part of the plan, da coal gonna be poppin so much, that after it destroys the local ecosystem, even more miners on the brink of black lung gonna get jobs cleanin the area.

It gonna be jobs on top of jobs, on top on jobs, out dere in coal country. Da feedback loop gonna be tighter than Chris Chirstie's pants after a KFC run.

Da Dapper Don outchea playing the 1728D Transdimensional Connect 4 and da Libbies don't eem know they already lost.

Last edited:
To be fair, there is a seasonal bump in gas prices from May through September. If you are an urbanite and/or a person of color, you are much less likely to experience it but the more suburban, rural, white and affluent you happen to be, the more likely you are to double or triple you average weekly gasoline use during the summer time.

Day trips to the beach, trips to mountain or seaside vacation homes, trips to national parks, cross country road trips and in the case of ***** kickers, they drive big, 100 mile, 200 miles loops around the back country just to kill time during the summer months. So white Americans, rich, poor, liberal, conservatives, we all drive a lot more during the summer and it bumps up the demand for gas.

Speaking of being white, for anyone who plans on classifying themselves as straight "hispanic" in 2020 and "white" in 2030. you'll want to read the book "stuff white people like" and you'll definitely want to get in on this "living history" thing:

Now, I know you don't want to mess around with this:

Now this, this is where the proof be, b:

This is all part of the plan, da coal gonna be poppin so much, that after it destroys the local ecosystem, even more miners on the brink of black lung gonna get jobs cleanin the area.

It gonna be jobs on top of jobs, on top on jobs, out dere in coal country. Da feedback loop gonna be tighter than Chris Chirstie's pants after a KFC run.

Da Dapper Don outchea playing the 1728D Transdimensional Connect 4 and da Libbies don't eem know they already lost.
About to be so much winning for da Don :smokin

giphy.gif

Last edited:

AMAZING POST. RUSTY U DA REAL MVP B. Libbies stay clueless as always. Libbies in this thread better listen to Brother Ninja because he has it right. CARSON/NINJA 2020

AMAZING POST. RUSTY U DA REAL MVP B. Libbies stay clueless as always. Libbies in this thread better listen to Brother Ninja because he has it right. CARSON/NINJA 2020
Da smug Starbucks sipping liberals won't even know what hit them. We gonna be diddy poppin to da liberal tears 8)

Why are my people involving themselves in this buffoonery. :smh: :lol:

They really playing slave dress up to allow this man to play make believe

:lol:

I did drop 45 minutes of video, mostly so I could get to a punch line about pudding.

To be fair to the middle video, the black guy in it, Micheal Twitty, is a real one. If you have the time, you should watch the video because he does explain how much of southern food and American food, in general, is a product of the horrors of slavery and the genius of enslaved people. This is a relatively short video with Twitty collaborating with another youtube series. There are longer videos of Twitty talking at length about the intersection of food and American history and I hope that his work in academic and living history might just get a few Paul Deen sort of white folks woke.

For younger white people, hip hop, seakers and basketball can act as a an overture to humanize people of color and maybe get you more and more aware of their struggles and your privilege. Older white folks love BBQ and living history so hopefully people like Twitty can humanize blacks folks in a way that articles and academic literature never could.

these cars are 50k? and he can't afford them?

no one said anything about affordability.

if you paid attention to da cafe laws (like i elaborated on months ago)you would've known that it punitively punishes companies who's average MPG dips below a certain number that Obama & co. at da epa were ratcheting up, which would've basically brought da current muscle era down to a screeching halt.

da cafe laws being relaxed ensures da current era continues undisturbed, and companies can make whatever vehicles they want to please da consumer demand.

Last edited:
no one said anything about affordability.

if you paid attention to da cafe laws (like i elaborated on months ago)you would've known that it punitively punishes companies who's average MPG dips below a certain number that Obama & co. at da epa were ratcheting up, which would've basically brought da current muscle era down to a screeching halt.

da cafe laws being relaxed ensures da current era continues undisturbed, and companies can make whatever vehicles they want to please da consumer demand.

I think that we need to reduce carbon emissions.

At the same time, I do get where you're coming from.

I personally would tax vehicles that have very low mileage but I would not out right ban them. You should have to pay a surcharge for driving an above average carbon producing vehicle. That way, if you really have a passion for pickup trucks or muscle cars, you can still get them and at the same time, the tax would nudge ordinary drivers, who are not especially particular about their choice of cars, into more fuel efficient vehicles.

[h1]Justice Department Sends Letter Threatening To Withhold Funds From 'Soft On Crime' New York City[/h1]
Escalating its attempts to get New York City and other metropolises to end their sanctuary city policies, the Justice Department sent identical letters to seven cities and the state of California demanding that they end their policies or lose federal funding.

In each of the letters, the Justice Department informs city or state officials that if they don't show proof that they're complying with 8 U.S.C. § 1373, a section of the United States code that makes it illegal to "restrict any government entity or official from sending to, or receiving from, the Immigration and Naturalization Service information regarding the citizenship or immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual" they'll maybe lose their federal funding for a grant known as a Byrne Grant.

Byrne Grants  give money to municipalities for "technical assistance, training, personnel, equipment, supplies, contractual support, and information systems" relating to criminal justice. They're also, as it tuns out, named after an NYPD officer  who was killed on the job.

In a press release announcing that the letters were sent, the Department of Justice chose to single New York City out for what it deemed the city's "soft on crime" policies. "New York City continues to see gang murder after gang murder, the predictable consequence of the city's 'soft on crime' stance," the DOJ wrote, a statement which drew tweets of rebuke from the official NYPD spokesman and former Michael Bloomberg spokesman Stu Loeser:

Follow
Stu Loeser @stuloeser

I'm guessing @TheJusticeDept  writer doesn't realize gang murders POTUS reads abt in NYC media & then tweets/talks abt aren't actually in NYC https://twitter.com/nicole_hong/status/855489374154260482 …

3:28 PM - 21 Apr 2017

The NYPD recently announced  that they had the safest quarter in the CompStat-era, thanks to an 8.7% drop in recorded crimes in March 2017 compared to March 2016. Last week when discussing the impact that consent decrees had  on police forces around the country, Attorney General Jeff Sessions had kinder words for the city's approach to crime (emphasis added)

I do share your concern that these investigations and consent decrees have the... can turn bad. They can reduce morale of the police officers. They can push back against being out on the street in a proactive way. You know New York has proven community-based policing, this CompStat plan, the broken windows, where you're actually arresting even people for smaller crimes — those small crimes turn into violence and death and shootings if police aren't out there.Mayor De Blasio's press secretary Eric Phillips also tweeted a sarcastic response to the DOJ press release:

Follow
Eric Phillips 

[emoji]10004[/emoji]@EricFPhillips

Yeah, in fact, the NYPD is so soft on crime it has figured out how to prevent it better than anyone else in the nation. https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/855489514558640129 …

3:21 PM - 21 Apr 2017
  •  
http://gothamist.com/2017/04/21/justice_department_sends_letter_thr.php

Back
Top Bottom