***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Trumps twitter doing something interesting with bots. He picked up like 5 million followers in a few hours. If you got twitter...check if you're following him.

Very strange. He's gearing up for something.....

Anyone can do that. I can bot his followers too if I wanted to, all it would require is a private message and some bitcoin.

Twitter or social media bots in general aren't really some obscure hacker thing. The ones who have control over massive bot networks definitely are but anyone with some bitcoin can pay them and they'll direct their bots to whatever target you want.

Example: 1st up and 3rd from the bottom. Bots are generally used in moderation for obvious reasons, hence these prices. Too many bots (more than a few tens of thousands) would set off far too many red flags. Botting 5m followers in 3 days makes no sense in any way. There is no upside, twitter would flag that immediately. 

Edit: I'll add that it is certainly possible that one large entity could be behind this but it would require either direct access to massive bot networks or a huge amount of money. In excess of a million dollars. 

Russian intelligence services aren't a bunch of morons, they would know as well as anyone that this amount of botting would set off gigantic red flags at twitter. I think it's more likely that a lot of Trump supporters and/or wealthy supporters are collectively paying for botted followers. Because it's a really stupid move on every level.

Last edited:
Ya that is interesting.

It's crazy that in 2016/17 Russians literally were able to infiltrate our Government at the highest levels and influence domestic and global policies.. What a time

@Colombia I don't understand, please explain.

Trump out here pedaling fake support of his destructive bull ****? That sounds dangerous as hell.
Essentially. It's his "war room" to push back on the Russia stories.

http://emptylighthouse.com/why-did-trump-get-5m-twitter-bots-follow-him-week-282806116 
"In order to push back on mainstream media, Trump's war room team may be using the additional bot followers to trick the Twitter algorithm into trending/promoting Trump's messages. In fact, we are starting to see a bit of that with Trump's messages over the past several hours."
Like him tweeting out that story with only Fox News "sources" from an obscure website today...that pushed back on the Kushner back channel story...which Spicer later pattered at the press briefing today.

Last edited:
Trumps twitter doing something interesting with bots. He picked up like 5 million followers in a few hours. If you got twitter...check if you're following him.

Very strange. He's gearing up for something.....

Interesting-gif-hd.gif

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/93394"war room" to push back on the Russia stories.

http://emptylighthouse.com/why-did-trump-get-5m-twitter-bots-follow-him-week-282806116 

"In order to push back on mainstream media, Trump's war room team may be using the additional bot followers to trick the Twitter algorithm into trending/promoting Trump's messages. In fact, we are starting to see a bit of that with Trump's messages over the past several hours."

Like him tweeting out that story with only Fox News "sources" from an obscure website today...that pushed back on the Kushner back channel story...which Spicer later pattered at the press briefing today.

Real time manipulation of public opinion. What a time to be alive. Decades ago, they would conduct psychological warfare by dropping leaflets all over corn fields and neighborhoods. Nowadays, you just invent a "news" website, publish any kind of ******** to support your cause, and retweet it to your herd.

AP Politics [emoji]10004[/emoji] @AP_Politics
BREAKING: AP source _ Ex-National Security Adviser Flynn will provide some documents under subpoena to Senate intelligence panel

Ge
Real time manipulation of public opinion. What a time to be alive. Decades ago, they would conduct psychological warfare by dropping leaflets all over corn fields and neighborhoods. Nowadays, you just invent a "news" website, publish any kind of ******** to support your cause, and retweet it to your herd.

When @Russia says Anne de Kiev established Russia-France relations, let us remind the sequence of events pic.twitter.com/nBKhQdyKql
— Ukraine / Україна (@Ukraine) May 30, 2017
@Ukraine We are proud of our common history. [emoji]133671547386[/emoji], [emoji]133674693094[/emoji] & [emoji]133654770174[/emoji] share the same historical heritage which should unite our nations, not divide us. pic.twitter.com/hdmkuGy22p
— РоссиЯ [emoji]133671547386[/emoji] (@Russia) May 30, 2017
@Russia You really don't change, do you? pic.twitter.com/HDfS9A8jWZ
— Ukraine / Україна (@Ukraine) May 30, 2017
An actual spat that happened today on Twitter between the official Ukraine and Russia accounts.  
laugh.gif

Drip Drip Drip. Curious if "Some", includes the documents requested in the subpoena....or only the ones Flynn wants to hand over.

I think he'll flip though in time. Again, this will take some time...and we are only at the tip of the iceberg on one of the greatest scandals of all time.

Real live living in a moment. These things happen. I'm just curious if it's going to come to a conclusion in under 5 years.....or one of those retroactive scandals we see unbridled decades later. Because "They" will hide, silence, lie, pay off and kill and discredit.

This is really weird I just sifted through comments on Trumps twitter yesterday and there was with one obvious Russian troll account completely derailing the conversation, and it was done so effectively.

His top comments are usually liberals owning him, and I literally just thought to myself yesterday that all he needs are bots to drown out those comments.

This is really weird I just sifted through comments on Trumps twitter yesterday and there was with one obvious Russian troll account completely derailing the conversation, and it was done so effectively.

His top comments are usually liberals owning him, and I literally just thought to myself yesterday that all he needs are bots to drown out those comments.

During campaign time....he had a bot "Neil Turner".....a teenager that used to pop up first in all his top comments and spread racist and fake news.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theringer.com/amp/p/3464938fd251

Think the bot got banned from twitter after a while.

Fox News is really floating the idea that treason might be cool just to cape for Trump.

This people have no integrity

If Obama did this, they would be calling for life in prison

Back
Top Bottom