***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Trump will need to win Florida in order to beat Clinton, and no way he's winning a state with such a large latino community after all the stuff he said about latinos.

"Latinos" might not care about illegal Mexicans as much as you think.

Some "Latinos" and Hispanics identify as white. And they run w/ that until Jorge or Marisol apply for a job and don't get a call back or get called a derogatory name for a person of their descent.

Right, because we all know that 100% of Florida's Cuban community are completely legal citizens of USA.

Are they not? Wet foot dry foot only applies to them I believe. I personally know a few Cubans that want the illegals to go back, and many believe they're "white"

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump will need to win Florida in order to beat Clinton, and no way he's winning a state with such a large latino community after all the stuff he said about latinos.

Not to be mean, but I'm going to educate you right quick.

Latinos are not one huge monolithic group. Want an example, George Zimmerman is technically Latino and so is George Lopez and hell Ted Cruz is too. Trump didn't say build a wall to keep the Latinos out, he said "keep the Mexicans out". Cubans don't automatically care about Mexicans because they both check Latino on the census box and vice versa. Are there some that believe in uniting together? Absolutely. But you can't put them in the same box as black folk thinking 80% of em are gonna vote the same way.

Also, Trump WON with Latino voters in Nevada a place where a good number of Latinos are actually Mexican. Which is the scary part. Not to mention he beat two other "Latino" candidates.

Hate to say this, but I think Trump would beat Hillary in Florida by a landslide. Srs

Trump was most popular among Republican Latinos in NV, that self selected into participating in the caucus. That can't be used to make a judgment about how the Latino vote will go in FL

Aggregated together, a democrat will still be more popular among all Latino/Hispanic voters.

The biggest thing to worry about with Hillary is turnout, if it is even close to 2012 levels. Trump is getting washed and Hillary gonna be crown president elect early in the evening

If turnout is low, then we worry.

Last edited:
I honestly think the GOP just needed to put a normal white guy or someone like Rubio and they would beat Hillary.

Young people and minorities were not going to be enthusiastic about her. But now trump will likely galvanize them and they may come out in full force just to make sure trump loses

However it would be very stupid to doubt trump. He may bring in many people that have never voted or have not in a long time

Plus you don't fight crazy. You have no earthly idea what he will say and do to Hillary. Something he does or says can stick. Or she can **** up. I think it will be amazing to watch.

Bernie and Obama will probably campaigning hard for Hillary.

And I have no idea what "new kind of voter" Trump will bring out.

-No "average white guy" would beat Hillary unless turnout is really low. And lets remember turnout will be lower than it would for demographics that support Dems, because of the GOP's voter suppression tactics

Or just because historically young people and minorities have poor voter turnout.

Hillary has not and most likely will not be able to rally the youth, or any stronghold Dem base really. I predict, that if she wins they'll be a large bloc of independenta that are just voting AGAINST Trump and not for Hillary.

Definitely see a lot of moderate sane Republicans voting for Hillary, not because they like her, but it's against Trump.

I believe that have read at even at 2004 turnout levels, a democrat, especially Hillary is still favored.

The GOP base is dying off, either from old age, or self destructive behavior.

And things are just gonna get worst, that's one of the reason the GOP is trying to make it more difficult for people to vote.

Lower turnout is literally the only way they can make many election going forward, especially the presidential one, competitive.

-I have said this before; an America with non gerrymandered districts, and good voter turnout (like 60%) in all elections, would mean the democrats flourishing.

Last edited:
It's going to take something drastic to replace Trump as the GOP front runner. I believe that if the Dems get the presidency again, we should expect Paul Ryan to throw his hat in the ring and run. Rubio was supposed to be the young, energetic guy that the GOP could get behind and push into the White House, apparently, he didn't get the memo.

The GOP will start to look for more young, charismatic presidential hopefuls in the upcoming years, since next to none exist in Congress, they'll look towards the state governors.

Honestly, if they had been behind Rubio instead of Jeb from the jump, things might have turned out different and Trump wouldn't even have a chance.

All this is speculation of course

I think there are plenty of blue collar democrats that will vote for trump quietly without telling people.

But they may be negated by neo cons who will secretly vote for hillary

And no there won't be a low turn out specifically because of voter suppression. Young people and minorities would not come out hard for Hillary if it was against kasich or rubio. That's how it worked historically.

Nobody feels like they are changing the world by voting for Hillary. Ain't no hope and change. Unless trump or cruz is on the other side maybe

Obama is also a far superior candidate and more charismatic with less baggage.

The media will start to go even harder at Trump's neck. But tht may backfire on the king makers

Last edited:
I think there are plenty of blue collar democrats that will vote for trump quietly without telling people.

And no there won't be a low turn out specifically because of voter suppression. Young people and minorities would not come out hard for Hillary if it was against kasich or rubio. That's how it worked historically.

Nobody feels like they are changing the world by voting for Hillary. Ain't no hope and change. Unless trump or cruz is on the other side maybe

Repped.

It's going to take something drastic to replace Trump as the GOP front runner. I believe that if the Dems get the presidency again, we should expect Paul Ryan to throw his hat in the ring and run. Rubio was supposed to be the young, energetic guy that the GOP could get behind and push into the White House, apparently, he didn't get the memo.

The GOP will start to look for more young, charismatic presidential hopefuls in the upcoming years, since next to none exist in Congress, they'll look towards the state governors.

Honestly, if they had been behind Rubio instead of Jeb from the jump, things might have turned out different and Trump wouldn't even have a chance.

The GOP Establishment is already backing Rubio...what are you talking about?

Obama is also a far superior candidate and more charismatic with less baggage

Quote where I said there would be.

I said "lower"

The GOP Establishment is already backing Rubio...what are you talking about?

I said from the jump. If they had concerted their efforts to support him instead of Jeb in the early stages of the campaign runs, things would turn out differently. They've exhausted time and money trying to make Jeb this likable guy who's nothing like his father and brother.

:lol: :lol: resort to arguing semantics.

Da hell are you talking about famb

Go back and read my post. I said multiple times the election hinges on turnout, and that turnout will be lower than it would be because of the voter suppression going on.

That is different from saying: Voter turnout will be low because of the voter suppression

Relative v. Absolute

So go listen to some Slim Jesus and have a sit baby pa. This doesn't even concern you :lol:

-And of course you don't give a **** minorities are being targeted with this voter supression tactics :lol:

Last edited:
I said from the jump. If they had concerted their efforts to support him instead of Jeb in the early stages of the campaign runs, things would turn out differently. They've exhausted time and money trying to make Jeb this likable guy who's nothing like his father and brother.
It's not like the establishment hasn't backed Rubio. I mean he's been groomed by them since he's been pushing immigration reform for a couple of years and going further right. I agree that the lame ducks have slowed his momentum though and of course the elephant in the room that is Trump. He'll get on track soon though.

If trump is worried about the latino vote.. he teams up with Rubio as his vp. I don't know why but i feel like he is the best candidate for the right as far as VP.. he just seems like a good candidate for vice president to me. Obviously they have the same presidential aspirations as each other at this moment in time but as campaigning is concerned, he isn't going to dominate against trump. 

BTW florida latinos are know for being conservatives. Especially the cubans down south.. large farming communities (palm tree & landscape related farms that supply most of the resorts in the south) that support agriculture. Also, trump never said he disliked Mexicans. He wants to control the ILLEGAL immigrants from border jumping and coming to this country the wrong way.. not the society as a whole. Many latinos actually support this claim. 

Obama is also a far superior candidate and more charismatic with less baggage.

The media will start to go even harder at Trump's neck. But tht may backfire on the king makers

Young people ain't coming out for Hillary, minorities will, but mostly in older blacks.

The "new" type of voter Trump is bringing out are actually self described moderates and uneducated, lower income, white folk. He won both groups in SC and Nevada. Moderates were always around, but the second group wasn't ever a big fan of Romney, which is partly why he lost.

Hillary being the nominee is no bueno against Trump. Wouldn't worry about her against Cruz, Rubio would be a challenge, but Trump has a good chance of beating her. Especially considering he gives no damns and knows her personally, their debates would get ugly.

Back
Top Bottom