***Official Political Discussion Thread***

On another note,dude called the push for single payer a 'curse' yesterday and well...you already know the drill

IMG_20170915_102943.jpg

Trump will probably be out the paint faster if he actually starts doing helpful, progressive things. I don't see how you see how his base is reacting now to his daca deal and not see they were forged from hate.

Trump will probably be out the paint faster if he actually starts doing helpful, progressive things. I don't see how you see how his base is reacting now to his daca deal and not see they were forged from hate.
I've said this for the longest, but Trump been a flip flopper for years. No one can really trust him, even his base.

so what you believe, Trump's base TELLING you they don't care? or NPR's interpretation of Trump's base? :nerd:

and on top of that da NPR clip is older than da clip i posted about Trump getting his wall.

cuz im telling you, as well as Rush Limbaugh conservatives as long as Trump gets his wall this is a non issue for his base.

This dude had me check the damn date of my link.

That was this morning, NH. They did the interview this morning (I listened to it), and the guy answering the questions about the DACA deal is a Trump supporter and a radio show host in Phoenix. It isn't "NPR's interpretation" of anything.

Care to address the rest of my previous post?

Hilarious, John Boehner quit because he saw the new crops of Republicans coming in. To act like anything can be done with the Republican party after AHCA was passed is laughable. But I'm sure that won't stop ya.

don't see how you see how his base is reacting now to his daca deal and not see they were forged from hate

because I'm not gonna let your hyperbole distract me from da fact that Trump won by flipping Obama counties, and that demographic holds no ill will to da DACA/immigration reform.

illegal immigration is where da base is riled up at (da wall), not LEGAL.

This dude had me check the damn date of my link.

That was this morning, NH. They did the interview this morning (I listened to it), and the guy answering the questions about the DACA deal is a Trump supporter and a radio show host in Phoenix. It isn't "NPR's interpretation" of anything.

Care to address the rest of my previous post?

i already told you, GOP leadership, Democrats, and Trump want DACA. da base wants da wall...if all that goes down, everybody wins.

i already told you, GOP leadership, Democrats, and Trump want DACA. da base wants da wall...if all that goes down, everybody wins.

Don't want to quote the whole thing but the flip flopping is legendary:

https://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-friends-maybe-trump-wall-was-symbolic/

The wall (as envisioned by the Base) is financially and logistically impossible to build. In addition, border crossings "have gone down dramatically" (not my words), which weakens the argument for a Wall.

Ain't gonna be no wall, just like you won't address the fact that Dominican hating Sessions (again, not my words!) would very much like to keep all the Browns out of Murica.

Stay delusional, my friend.

When Nina says the base wants the wall, he's referring to himself.

He wants the wall because he hates anyone of color.

To his base, DACA recipients are illegal. Idk where you get that they don't care about DACA recipients.

because DACA means " Deferment Action Child Arrivals"

Trump's base ain't tripping off kids were brought here by their parents and America is all they know.

go check da polling yourself.

go check da polling yourself.

So now we believe polls? Listen to C-SPAN Washington journal, his base calls in like clockwork and today was specifically about DACA, they aren't happy. All of them called DACA recipients illegal, and need to go back with their parents.

So now we believe polls?

you're either gonna admit that DACA isn't a big deal and only da vocal MINORITY Ann Coulter types care, or you're gonna keep spinning your wheels with me cuz i got article upon articles proving da aforementioned. :lol:

how you want it?

you're either gonna admit that DACA isn't a big deal and only da vocal MINORITY Ann Coulter types care, or you're gonna keep spinning your wheels with me cuz i got article upon articles proving da aforementioned. :lol:

how you want it?

So, 'da vocal minority' isn't his base now? Ann Coulter wasn't in the tank for him? The MAGA media is all turning their back on him at the moment just for the rumors of a deal being worked out. Hell, Bretibart is running articles calling Trump "Amnesty Don" nobody here is 'spinning their wheels' you're just trying to redefine what his base wants and how they are seeing this rumored deal. It looks like he might be flip flopping on one of his campaign promises and now you're trying to move the goal post to make it seem you have your thumb on the pulse of his base. For an 'independent' you're pretty engulfed in the GOP talking/view points.

Vocal minority in his mind isn't the majority? This guy really this ignorant? And he wants to prove this by articles? Dios mio! :lol:

NO... go outside and live life and see for yourself that the entire Trump base as a whole = Ann Coulter types. Has this guy even been outside NY City?

George Parker wrote a response to Coates article since Coates called him out in his.

Parker's article starts decent and then quickly devolves into just a bunch of "whataboutism" nonsense all in the name of saying the 2016 wasn't just strictly about race.

To defend himself from a preceived attack from Coates, famb even said he wrote a book with a black character. :lol:

Coates point seems lost on him. It currently sits as the #2 most popular article on the Atlantic's website.

oh look, CNN taking a page from my playbook..

Political capital

The President has also created significant political capital for himself among his core supporters in his eight months in power. By pardoning former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, convicted of contempt in a racial profiling case, signing an executive order to cut funds for sanctuary cities and introducing a travel ban on certain Muslim countries, Trump has made it unlikely that any significant political challenger can get to the right of him on immigration.

Arpaio, a hero to many voters for whom immigration is a driving issue, offered the President some political cover on the DACA issue Thursday, showing the political value of a pardon that alienated many more moderate voters.

"Whatever final policy he supports, I'll also support. He's very intelligent. He cuts deals," Arpaio said, according to The Los Angeles Times.

Conservative callers to Rush Limbaugh's radio show on Thursday, meanwhile, appeared to be reacting with less outrage to Trump's meeting with Schumer and Pelosi than some conservative opinion leaders.

Some suggested that the media was misinterpreting Trump's intentions. Others believed that the President was simply running rings around the top Democrats with masterful strategy. Some said that Trump was only working with Democrats because he had been let down by establishment Republicans -- for example, in the failure to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Limbaugh told his listeners that he could not recall any calls from a "legitimate Trumpist" who felt betrayed by the President's bipartisan outreach in recent days.

"Their faith in Trump is total and it is unshakeable, at least as of now, and they are not at all worried about this," he said.

While recent CNN polls have shown that there has been an erosion of enthusiasm for Trump among Republicans and independents who voted for him, there is no clear evidence that his base is deserting him.

Trump enjoys immense trust among his largely white, working class core of supporters. Many regard him as the only politician who has ever dared to give voice to their grievances and bonded with him over his economic nationalism and "America First" creed.

A wholesale repudiation of that philosophy would likely be needed to splinter the President's core support.

Some voters, bitterly disappointed with gridlock in Washington turned to Trump, an outsider, because of his professed deal making abilities -- another factor that may give him some political running room. And if he can finesse a deal that includes genuine measures to boost border security in a DACA deal, he may spare himself serious political damage.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/15/politics/donald-trump-base-support/index.html

i rest my case... :lol:

"da wall"

Funny, that has changed too, it's now "border security" 'da wall' is a nonstarter. His base is pissed, sure there are some who think he's still playing 7D chess with everyone, but his base is pissed. You can try spin it all you want, but we'll see if/when this deal gets done. If you think Trumps base is all about his 'economic policies' and that doesn't include immigration then 'da politics you do all day' should be spent on something more productive, b.

Back
Top Bottom