***Official Political Discussion Thread***

loaded gun next to a child not in a carseat :smh: :stoneface:

ted cruz talking right now talking about "hey voters ditch your candidate and lets gang up on donald trump to make sure he doesnt get the nomination". Way to fuel the flames, Ted. donnie gonna be playing that me against the world forever.

Famb you're the same dudes that cries foul whenever I point out you tacitly cosigning bigots and white supremacist, saying that you can't judge people based on few, or that you don't believe everything they say, that you're just using it to make a point.

But now you're using one article as an indictment against all liberals.

Like I said, I'm going break down in detail how full of it you are when I get the chance

That 'article' was totally crazy. Anyone even coming close to cosigning that nonsense is a lost cause.

can't find the gun thread (is there a gun thread?) so posting this here:

Pro-gun poster girl is shot in the back by her four-year-old son while driving in Florida after the boy found her pistol on back seat of truck

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-driving-Florida-boy-pistol-seat-truck.html

The 4-year-old was just practicing his second amendment rights.

This country needs to focus on Toddler mental health

I never said the GOP cares. I'm saying deomocrats don't care much either. They care about diversity as far as getting votes and using identity politics to further accumulate power

The whole point of government is for elected officials to ignore their own personal preferences and biases in the attempt to push for the issues and causes of the people.

In return, they get voted into positions of power by the very people who's will they are perpetuating...

Nothing wrong with that... that's the correct way for politics to work...

The problems start when the politicians start perpetuating the will of extremists in the population ie. the GOP...

Florida huh? Toddler should get off for standing his or her car seat space.

Famb you're the same dudes that cries foul whenever I point out you tacitly cosigning bigots and white supremacist, saying that you can't judge people based on few, or that you don't believe everything they say, that you're just using it to make a point.

But now you're using one article as an indictment against all liberals.

Like I said, I'm going break down in detail how full of it you are when I get the chance

You think i'm saying liberals are all for diversity until a minority has a different worldview? Based on that one article? That just happened to be an article i ran across. It's something i have noticed for a while.

The right was all about purity for a long time. Now im sensing it on the other side. And before anyone mentions trump, he isnt a pure conservative in any sense of the word.

Last edited:
The whole point of government is for elected officials to ignore their own personal preferences and biases in the attempt to push for the issues and causes of the people.

In return, they get voted into positions of power by the very people who's will they are perpetuating...

The problems start when the politicians start perpetuating the will of extremists in the population ie. the GOP...

Out of curiosity, were hillary and obama extremists for being against gay marriage until they had an epiphany and came to the right side?

Out of curiosity, were hillary and obama extremists for being against gay marriage until they had an epiphany and came to the right side?

Clinton and Obama wanted Civil Unions that gave the same rights are a state issued marriage license.

Let us not pretend they were indulging in the same level of stubborn ignorance as the right on this issue.

And it seems you don't even understand why liberals are criticizing Jenner for her support of Cruz.

Last edited:
Sounds like separate but equal.

I'm joking... but there is a nugget of truth in every joke

To be clear i don't think the GOP is better on social issues. I'm saying (and i have been saying) that there has been a "shut the **** up and get in line" mentality coming from the left over the last few years. Maybe winning just got to their head.

To be clear i don't think the GOP is better on social issues. I'm saying (and i have been saying) that there has been a "shut the **** up and get in line" mentality coming from the left over the last few years. Maybe winning just got to their head.

How cute you want to slip in a segregation joke

Your analysis of the situation is nonsense.

Seems like you have some built up anger from liberals. And you're reaching for someone to criticize them on this this stuff

Probably why you rant about SJW and PC culture. :rolleyes :lol:

Last edited:

wait.... so you're arguing about an issue that no longer exists?

why even debate about how they supported civil unions when gay marriage is already on the books?

they moved their position as a reflection of the progress of our society... 

Referring to civil unions as "separate but equal" is a fair comparison

Not sure what point he's trying to make with it tho

My point is that those GOP reps against gay marriage are representing the will of their people and are branded bigots and extremists while obama and hillary had the same or at least similar views until very recently.

Noone was branding democrats who didn't support gay marriage as extremists. They were simply representing their constituents

I'm still here children. My bank account has more zeros then the both of yours combined tho. Believe that. 

Seems like you have some built up anger from liberals. And you're reaching for someone to criticize them on this this stuff

A bernie supporter stole my girlfrend after i told an offensive joke. You got me. Those darn liberals.

I just like presenting alternative views. I would rather have you scold me and explain your position than have this thread be a circle jerk of one one sided views which i feel that it sometimes is.

My point is that those GOP reps against gay marriage are representing the will of their people and are branded bigots and extremists while obama and hillary had the same or at least similar views until very recently.

Noone was branding democrats who didn't support gay marriage as extremists. They were simply representing their constituents

The thing is Obama and Hillary didn't have similar views as the GOP, you're overly simplifying the issue to fit your argument

They offered a compromise. Civil Unions with the same rights and a regular marriage license has. And they shifted their stance rather quickly after 2008

The GOP where on some "you get nothing", because the bible says so steez. And still have not moved. Matter of fact, they have adopted this silly "religious freedom" steez

Last edited:

A bernie supporter stole my girlfrend after i told an offensive joke. You got me. Those darn liberals.

I just like presenting alternative views. I would rather have you scold me and explain your position than have this thread be a circle jerk of one one sided views which i feel that it sometimes is.

For someone that loves to complain about PC culture, SJW, and safe spaces

You really get offended when someone challenges you opinion.

You present a different view, and I challenge it

NT, and this thread is no your safe space

And miss me with this one side talk. I even argue with Sanders supporters in there, and I'm a Sanders supporter.

My point is that those GOP reps against gay marriage are representing the will of their people and are branded bigots and extremists
the problem with representing the will of GOP supporters

is that there is a large vocal portion of them that are exremists and bigots...

therefore, representing their will makes you one also...

the comparison with the democrats supporting "separate but equal" is null due the the change on the stance and the law.

I would not hold GOP principles like opposition to abortion, removal of planned parenthood/life planning services, or adding creationist history into science classes against the party if they turned around and started opposing them 

The thing is Obama and Hillary didn't have similar views as the GOP, you're overly simplifying the issue to fit your argument

They offered a compromise. Civil Unions with the same rights and a regular marriage license has.

The GOP where on some "you get nothing", because the bible says so steez.

A compromise on civil rights. I wonder how composed and gracious you would be if it was a civil right that affected you

I don't know what you are talking about me wanting this thread to be a safe space, you lost me

There are definitely times i'm on realclearpolitics.com and just post an article in here to see how you guys react

Back
Top Bottom