***Official Political Discussion Thread***

DTWSxgiWkAA9g7s.jpg
Mia is a Republican smh.

:rofl:

Sooooo many quotes from this.. but dude's personal dr was lying out his *** with that 236

Will Trump's first physical as president, taking place today, reveal that he's obese?

His tennis and golf attire already confirmed this.

Da dapper azucar papi is in great health >D

:lol: if trump is 6'2/3" there is no way in hell he only ways 236 lbs. Even then he would still be considered obese per his BMI, though he definitely weighs more than 236, ****ing slob. :lol:

:lol: if trump is 6'2/3" there is no way in hell he only ways 236 lbs. Even then he would still be considered obese per his BMI, though he definitely weighs more than 236, ****ing slob. :lol:

If he is about that height, my height and he can weigh 236 but that means there's much more fat and bone than muscle. I'm 250-260 same height and my belly is a bout the same size as his.

Aaron Rodgers coming out of cal, was 6'2 223

Tom Brady coming out of Michigan, 6'4 211

Combine numbers

Interesting part of this convo, and many other convos that we have often, is that this wouldn't even matter nor be a discussion during a normal presidency but because he has touted himself to be so fit and healthy this becomes one of the many meaningless things that he's made a big deal to lie about.

Interesting part of this convo, and many other convos that we have often, is that this wouldn't even matter nor be a discussion during a normal presidency but because he has touted himself to be so fit and healthy this becomes one of the many meaningless things that he's made a big deal to lie about.

Just from the article above:

"Trump’s most recent public physical was done in September 2016 under his longtime physician Harold Bornstein in New York’s Lenox Hill Hospital. Bornstein’s letter (which the White House has since removed) proclaimed the then-candidate’s “physical strength and stamina... extraordinary,” pointing to Trump’s recent loss of 15 pounds."

I would like to call out the NYT for a complete misrepresentation of the facts. Mainly just one part, the rest of the article appears to be accurate.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/world/europe/belgium-sudan-theo-francken.html
Belgium in Uproar Over Torture of Sudanese It Deported

Specifically this part:
The official, Theo Francken, is a 39-year-old Flemish nationalist who in 2014 was appointed secretary of state for asylum and migration. He is known for making incendiary comments about migrants; in September, he apologized for using the term “cleaning up” about a police operation in which several undocumented immigrants were arrested. The term was condemned as xenophobic.

Supporters and critics alike have called Mr. Francken “the Flemish Trump.”

This is just blatantly false. Not once during his entire term have I ever heard anything close to such a comparison. Sure he's a rather blunt guy at times but that's about where the comparison ends. He's one of our most liked politicians, almost as much as our prime minister. And people here really hate our politicians so thats says a lot. I can somewhat understand the Washington Post's characterization of Theo Francken being an immigration hardliner but Francken has shown is he is supportive of immigration and even refugees, the "hardliner" part would reflect more on his handling of those who break our laws and regulations. He could use a little more tact in explaining his decisions but he's simply a strict enforcer of the law. Refugees and immigrants are welcome here and he has stated that numerous times. They simply need to have the right documentation and be eligible in the first place. This is also the same man who publicly stated he would consider allowing political refugees from Catalonia like we did with the Basque region and offered political asylum to the impeached Catalonian PM Puigdemont.

He has broad support from the coalition partners in our government. He's in some hot water right now because he allegedly lied or withheld information to our prime minister, who then relayed that information to parliament. We've had some recent deportations back to Sudan and reports emerged that some of those who were deported faced torture upon arriving back in Sudan. There is now an investigation looking into verifying those reports. Theo Francken reportedly halted all deportations to the region when he received this information and cancelled a planned deportation flight. However when the prime minister had a meeting with Francken to discuss the Sudan torture issue, Francken said there were no further planned deportations to Sudan. PM Charles-Michel then relayed that information to the parliament but either Francken lied or forgot to tell him about the cancelled planned flight to Sudan. It didn't take long of course before that information became public and it was revealed that Francken withheld information about that planned flight, even though he cancelled it before the PM arranged that meeting.
This led to some in the opposition calling for his resignation because he (allegedly) lied to the PM, resulting in the PM providing incomplete information to parliament.

Personally I don't believe he should be fired. The prime minister also came to his defense after the whole debacle. They're both from different parties from the record. Theo Francken is the federal mnister of asylum and immigration and a member of the Flemish conservative party NVA and PM Charles-Michel is a member of the Wallonian MR party which could be described as a mostly centrist party with a right lean. On our political spectrum of course, on the US spectrum they'd probably all be leftist.
Either way I just don't think withholding information that is almost irrelevant is grounds for his firing. If he withheld information about a deportation flight that was going to proceed sure, but he cancelled that flight before the prime minister even came to talk to him about the Sudan issue. So it seems like a big deal over nothing.
What we should focus on is verifying the torture reports and getting to the bottom of exactly when Francken became aware of this information and his immediate actions thereafter. I think that's where there could be a potential serious problem for Francken.

Also, this is his response:

Last edited:
Also, Sen. Durbin confirms authenticity of "****hole" comments.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...nial-he-said-those-hateful-things-and-he-said
Durbin fires back at Trump denial: 'He said those hateful things, and he said them repeatedly'
Sen. **** Durbin (D-Ill.) fired back at President Trump for denying that he called Haiti and African countries “****hole countries,” saying Trump’s denials are “not true.”

“In the course of his comments, [Trump] said things that were hate-filled, vile and racist,” Durbin told reporters on Friday. “I cannot believe in this history of the White House, in that Oval Office, any president has ever spoken the words that I personally heard our president speak yesterday.”

Durbin was one of several lawmakers in the meeting, during which Trump referred to Haiti and African nations as “****hole countries,” according to The Washington Post.

“Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” Trump reportedly said.

Trump then suggested the U.S. should bring in more immigrants from countries like Norway.

Durbin told reporters that Trump’s comments as reported by the Post were accurate.

“You’ve seen the comments in the press,” Durbin said. “I’ve not seen one of them that’s inaccurate. To no surprise, the president started tweeting this morning, denying that he used those words. It is not true. He said these hate-filled things, and he said them repeatedly.”

Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) were also present in the meeting and were surprised by Trump’s remarks, the Post reported.

Durbin told reporters that Graham “spoke up” when Trump made the remark. He praised Graham for his “political courage.”

"My colleague [Graham] spoke up and made a direct comment on what the president said,” Durbin said, according to MSNBC. “For him to confront the president as he did, literally sitting next to him, took extraordinary political courage and I respect him for it."

In a statement Thursday, the White House did not explicitly deny Trump’s “****hole” comments.

But Friday morning, Trump denied saying “anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country” and said that while he used “tough” language in the meeting with lawmakers, “this was not the language used.”

Trump’s comments drew backlash from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle, media figures and foreign governments, many of whom accused Trump of racist behavior.

And of course... I'm sure this is what Jesus would want
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-religious-adviser-defends-****-hole-comments
Trump religious adviser defends 's---hole' comments
Pastor Robert Jeffress defended President Trump's reported remark referring to Haiti and some African nations as "****hole countries," saying in a statement that the president got the "sentiment" right.

The Texas evangelical megachurch pastor said Friday that Trump was "right on target" when he reportedly questioned why the U.S. accepts immigrants from "****hole countries" during a bipartisan meeting Thursday with lawmakers on immigration reform.

“Apart from the vocabulary attributed to him, President Trump is right on target in his sentiment," Jeffress told CBN News. "As commander-in-chief, President Trump has a responsibility to place the interests of our nation above the needs of other countries."

Back
Top Bottom