***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Rusty and I have discussed this, but my position is that there are ways to fund education beyond federal funding. I am a strong believer in charitable donations. Education is key.
Supplementary funding through charitable donations or cutting/maintaining current federal funding to do so?

Rusty and I have discussed this, but my position is that there are ways to fund education beyond federal funding. I am a strong believer in charitable donations. Education is key.
So eliminate public schools unless the people pay for them yet the space force gets 8 billion set aside. The SPACE FORCE

Did public schools get eliminated? What are you talking about?
Actually yes, public schools across the entire nation are getting eliminated and districts are allocating student to single buildings due to budget cuts. Again, you don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s ok to not know

As for charities, rich people tend to not donate to causes that don’t effect them. Public school is one of them. On the other hand the NRA seems to never have a problem.

Charitable donations to fund education is such a bad idea that libertarian wonks that push for Charter Schools don't suggest it in public because they realize how dumb an idea it is.

Like seriously, if I were a white supremacists peddling libertarian that wanted the public to agree with my plan to screw over minorities, I would not suggest charitable donations. It just makes it too clear I am finessing.

The private option and consumer choice shtick is a way better scam. Even many liberals fall for it .

Actually yes, public schools across the entire nation are getting eliminated and districts are allocating student to single buildings due to budget cuts. Again, you don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s ok to not know

I misread your initial post. I thought that you were implying that public schooling, generally, was being eliminated. My mistake. It is unfortunate that some struggling/failing schools have had to be eliminated due to budget cuts. I believe that we should invest in our schools. More pressure should be placed on the private sector to supplement.

Charitable donations to fund education is such a bad idea that libertarian wonks that push for Charter Schools don't suggest it in public because they realize how dumb an idea it is.

Like seriously, if I were a white supremacists peddling libertarian that wanted the public to agree with my plan to screw over minorities, I would not suggest charitable donations. It just makes it too clear I am finessing.

The private option and consumer choice shtick is a way better scam. Even many liberals fall for it .
It just can’t be deemed as a legitimate option backed with any logic for tons of obvious reasons.

This may be a bit obvious, but perhaps the solution I suggested is because I am not what you describe in your second sentence.

It just can’t be deemed as a legitimate option backed with any logic for tons of obvious reasons.

It is a supplement, not the sole source. I am not sure what is that complicated. Schools across the country rely heavily on private donations.

Improving the conditions in prisons are still important. Your heart and head in the right place but you have to look at this like a leftist not liberal. Don't just hope and believe everything will fall in line it you fix one area of the problem.

The problem not only that a disproportionate amount tof minorities and poor people get sent to jail but they are also treated like animals once they get there. They are not kept safe from sexual assault, their labor is exploited so bably that it is not a stretch to compare it to slavery, they are not rehabilitated, and their families are exploited with things like high fees for phone calls.

Our prison system is a burning house. Yes we have to stop the criminal justice system trapping people inside of it, but we also have to put out the fire and rebuild the house.
this probably gonna sound messed up of me
but
if prison reform is done right
the only people that would go to prison
are folks who deserve it
like folks who commit vile acts
and i wouldnt care what their conditions are honestly
drug addicts
shouldnt be there
they should getting help in a treatment facility not jail
people who get into fights
not talking women beaters
or people like that
but just folks who end up getting into a regular fight or whatever
like for road rage things like that
counseling to help them over come their aggression
folks who late on child support shouldnt be there
u know
plenty of folks are in jail for things that are a waste
thats all.
but truthfully
as long as we have humans locking up other humans
prison gonna always be a bad institution
and one more thing
so much can be done in the prevention and intervention in the first place
with outreach and programs to get kids into things
so they aint just sitting around
programs giving kids new experiences
open up more boys and girls club type things
stuff like that
man it sucks how much our country could really do
and the potential we REALLY have
but its squandered
so much i wanna say right now
but i cant put it all in this post

As for charities, rich people tend to not donate to causes that don’t effect them. Public school is one of them. On the other hand the NRA seems to never have a problem.

You don't have to be rich to donate to public schools. And yes, despite what you may think, people donate to causes that don't *affect them all the time.

It is a supplement, not the sole source. I am not sure what is that complicated. Schools across the country rely heavily on private donations.
It’s funding is being cut to the point where they can no longer operate or keep employees. Majority of schools’ Reliance on donations is NOT true. You can stop with that BS. Donations also do NOT go into the same budget as government funding. They don’t take the donations and start to cut checks for supplies and employees. Again, if you don’t know what you’re talking about......

Guess he needs a distraction again.
He can focus on attacking peaceful protests by (mostly) black athletes and calling for suspensions without pay but not a word about the white supremacist Unite The Right rally in DC this weekend

It’s funding is being cut to the point where they can no longer operate or keep employees. Majority of schools’ Reliance on donations is NOT true. You can stop with that BS. Donations also do NOT go into the same budget as government funding. They don’t take the donations and start to cut checks for supplies and employees. Again, if you don’t know what you’re talking about......

I didn't say anything about the majority. And, my entire point is that there is a problem that more pressure is not placed on the private sector to contribute to schools and education.

People can already make charitable donations to schools, no?

Education and mental health services coupled with community investments and further job opportunities will put a dent in prison population.

Criminal justice system needs to be reformed and for profit prisons need to be banned outright.

STRONG punishment for police misconduct and false arrests as well as race based policing and policies will also likely put a dent in prison population while improving the areas where this takes place.

Schools across the country rely heavily on private donations.

Do you have a source or figure on this? Are you talking about public schools?

From my understanding the majority of funding for public schools comes from sales, income, and property taxes which is why poor areas tend to have poorer conditions and the reverse for areas with more money/higher property taxes.

I didn't say anything about the majority. And, my entire point is that there is a problem that more pressure is not placed on the private sector to contribute to schools and education.
Again, you speak nonsense.

Funding is sourced from government mandated areas of revenue/tax’s. Problem is they will NOT tax areas that generate more money or allocate their money into education. Guess why?

The same reason they rely on the government.

Again, my point is that we should put more pressure on the private sector to remove the reliance on the government.

So what are taxes paying for then? BTW you should send your resume’ to Betsy Devos, she’d love to have you onboard.

What Beto know about 6-4 never dominoe and study long, study wrong
wow.png

Back
Top Bottom