***Official Political Discussion Thread***

as long as a bakery owner doesn't have to make a cake for a Jewish or Christian wedding if he's Muslim, or doesn't have to make one for ugly couples or old couples and so on.

I didn't want to play race but you can see where else this can lead... not making cakes for Chinese or Irish or Italian clientele... is that ok if my religion says so? will the law allow for me to refuse to serve all women because my religion says it's not right for a women to make purchases in public?

Last edited:
That's exactly what these laws are aiming for. You better cater to a lifestyle you don't agree with or else.
What would you think if you were denied service or entry from an establishment because you are a Trump supporter?

Let's say you have a #MakeAmericaGreatAgain hat on and you want to buy a cake for your birthday. The bakery tells you "nah we don't sell to Trump supporters" and asks you to leave.

What would your response be?

Last edited:
That's exactly what these laws are aiming for. You better cater to a lifestyle you don't agree with or else.

No it's not, it's a law to prevent discrimination against someone's sexual preference. They are just using 'religious freedom' to hide behind their bigotry. How is it a bakery's business to know who someone marries? You run a business to provide a service, you get paid for said services. I'm sure they'll have no problems baking a cake for some who has been married multiple times, or had premarital sex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me a break. Nobody is 'forced', they are getting paid for a service.

No one has found a happy medium yet.

In commerce you cant discriminate...

But at da same time, religious folks shouldn't be made to violate their deeply held beliefs.

Ill tell you 1 thing though...

Alot of this North Carolina hoopla is

Silly..

HB2 law, which requires that transgender people only use bathrooms that correspond with their sex at birth

Comparing segregation to this is misplaced moral indignation...

What would you think if you were denied service or entry from an establishment because you are a Trump supporter?
Let's say you have a #MakeAmericaGreatAgain hat on and you want to buy a cake for your birthday. The bakery tells you "nah we don't sell to Trump supporters" and asks you to leave.
What would your response be?

A) no one has been denied entry into an establishment because they are gay in this country. An bakery in Oregon simply said they didn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding ceremony on religious beliefs.

B) I would say screw you and go to another establishment right down the street that would gladly want my business. Why would I sue to force a place to serve me who doesn't want to? I wouldn't want to support them with my money. I'd go to the next place.

A) no one has been denied entry into an establishment because they are gay in this country. An bakery in Oregon simply said they didn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding ceremony on religious beliefs.

B) I would say screw you and go to another establishment right down the street that would gladly want my business. Why would I sue to force a place to serve me who doesn't want to? I wouldn't want to support them with my money. I'd go to the next place.
So you're ok with being discriminated against? 
laugh.gif

Are they doing the same for folks who have been married multiple times? What about those who had premarital sex? How about those who stole something in their life? Why is it all of sudden against their 'religious beliefs' when it's a gay person or couple?

Are they doing the same for folks who have been married multiple times? What about those who had premarital sex? How about those who stole something in their life? Why is it all of sudden against their 'religious beliefs' when it's a gay person or couple?

Possibly so, I don't know who all they've refused to bake a cake for. And you don't either.

Possibly so, I don't know who all they've refused to bake a cake for. And you don't either.
Possibly so? 
roll.gif

You know damn well those people only make a big deal out of homosexuality. Nobody is out here denying service to remarried couples, ... 

Last edited:
Possibly so? :rofl:
You know damn well those people only make a big deal out of homosexuality. Nobody is out here denying service to remarried couples, ... 

But you don't know that for a fact, do you?

Look, if it was me I would bake a damn cake for anyone who walked in my shop. But forcing others to bake a cake against their religious beliefs? I don't agree. I'm pretty sure if a Muslim bakery did the same there wouldn't be an uproar about it.

I mean I have to presume this is leading to a supremem cort case deciding weather or not being transgendered are gay a protected classes. across the entire country

Last edited:
Possibly so? :rofl:

Look, if it was me I would bake a damn cake for anyone who walked in my shop. But forcing others to bake a cake against their religious beliefs? I don't agree. I'm pretty sure if a Muslim bakery did the same there wouldn't be an uproar about it.
Yeah there would. Why wouldn't there be?

If you take on the position, part of the job is showing respect to others regardless of your or their beliefs. Allowing for one exception to allow discrimination is a slippery slope. The 'religious freedom' argument is thoroughly flawed.

No one in this country is denied the right to practice their own religion. It's when that practice bleeds over and begins to negatively effect others that it becomes an issue.

We are all guaranteed the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This is a slap in the face of that.

Why doesn't religious freedom law extend to other things deemed illegal by society? Eg. polygamy, underage marriages/sex 
:nerd:

Last edited:
There are no religious freedom laws that have overturned anything "deemed illegal by society".

Quote:
The "I might need to pay him a visit" veiled insinuation of physicality towards blco never sat well with me

Like...I disagree with him about everything, but escalating that to violence is too much IMO
NT fam are threatening physical violence against each other on here?

nerd.gif

Polygamy and marrying underage women is illegal. As it has been for years. Refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding is not illegal. Except in Colorado and Oregon now I believe.

It's apples and oranges and nowhere near the same thing.

Go for it. That would require a separate bill for your 5 woman religion, whatever that is. Call your state legislature and propose it.

Hell no! Sharia law just totally ignores the constitution and our court system. Please tell me you wouldn't want to live under sharia law. Talk about being discriminatory :lol:

If religion gets in the way of properly executing your job, I don't think you should be in that field.

I can't believe this idiot was able to take that whole ordeal that far, she should've been deaded on the spot for not doing her job :smh: (too bad she was an elected official)

Back
Top Bottom