***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Why would it require a separate bill? It's my RELIGIOUS FREEDOM to marry 5 women as it is your RELIGIOUS FREEDOM to hate gay people? Why does this need a separate bill? 

Now you're just showing how uneducated and clueless you really are. Bills deal with specific issues and don't make wide, all encompassing generalizations like "anyone should be able to practice anything they want". Propose your 5 woman bill, nothing's stopping you.

As soon as Barrack, Hillary or Bernie puts appoints the next justice, it will only be a matter of time until a case gets to SCOTUS that extends the Civil Rights Acts for the homosexual and transgender community.

Oh what a time that would be to be alive :smokin

Last edited:
As soon as Barrack, Hillary or Bernie puts appoints the next justice, it will only be a matter of time until a case gets to SCOTUS that extends the Civil Rights Acts for the homosexual and transgender community.

Oh what a time that would be to be alive
smokin.gif
The LGBT community isn't included in the Civil Rights Acts already? 
indifferent.gif

It's my religion to stab everyone I see in the left earlobe. Allow me to or else you're discriminating!

It's my religion to stab everyone I see in the left earlobe. Allow me to or else you're discriminating!
that's the basic essence of the religious freedom law tho...

being able to violate somebody else's rights in the name of following your religion

so what takes precedent then? civil law or religious law? religious law or basic human rights? basic human rights or civil law?

in the example about getting stabbed in the earlobe, i would assume my human right to live would supercede your religion :lol:

But you guys would gladly violate the right of Christians tho

You are the only person who is advocating discrimination right now

What you're saying is that it's totally acceptable as long as the basis of that discrimination is a religious tenet

There's no two ways about it

So you would have no issue with a farmer being refused services because he planted more than 1 crop in his field? Or a woman being turned away because her hair is braided and she's wearing jewelry?

what rights are you talking about?
To not celebrate gay marriage
I guess a christian cab driver can refuse to pickup a muslim passenger because he doesn't want to promote muslim travel?

you gotta look at the slippery slope this presents, along with the fact there are no boundaries on what is/isn't a religious belief...

Last edited:
I guess a christian cab driver can refuse to pickup a muslim passenger because he doesn't want to promote muslim travel?

you gotta look at the slippery slope this presents, along with the fact there are no boundaries on what is/isn't a religious belief...

Well the baker said he would gladly supply the couple with any baked goods they wanted, he just didn't want to make the cake for the wedding. Seems reasonable to me.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opin...iage-wedding-cakes-courts-20150817-story.html

I don't think the government should force you to make a cake if you don't want to. And why would the gay couple want a "bigot" to make their wedding cake. Go to another bakery.

I remember living in Bed Stuy a couple of years back and making the mistake of walking into a Hasidic Jewish grocery store. It was right around the block so I figured why not. As soon as I walked in people started slowly emptying out of the store and staring at me from the window lol. At first I thought it weird because no one said anything but after awhile I put down my basket and left. I didn't want to see what would happen if I tried to check out. 

I bring this up because it seems like discrimination on religious grounds is somewhat acceptable in certain instances.

I'm not making a case for it at all. I'm trying to do understand why its socially acceptable in some cases and not in others

Is it because Christian Evangelist are more powerful politically than Hasidic Jewish people for example. Also isn't discrimination against the teachings of the bible?

Whats going on? lol

I remember living in Bed Stuy a couple of years back and making the mistake of walking into a Hasidic Jewish grocery store. It was right around the block so I figured why not. As soon as I walked in people started slowly emptying out of the store and staring at me from the window lol. At first I thought it weird because no one said anything but after awhile I put down my basket and left. I didn't want to see what would happen if I tried to check out. 

I bring this up because it seems like discrimination on religious grounds is somewhat acceptable in certain instances.

I'm not making a case for it at all. I'm trying to do understand why its socially acceptable in some cases and not in others

Is it because Christian Evangelist are more powerful politically than Hasidic Jewish people for example. Also isn't discrimination against the teachings of the bible?

Whats going on? lol
There's some Hasidic Jewish communities here in Belgium too. Over here they even have their own little communities where 99% of the residents in a street or even multiple streets are Hasidic jews. They keep to themselves, usually have their own stores and people just kinda leave them alone here. I don't think it's acceptable for them to discriminate but most people probably couldn't tell you what a Hasidic jew is and you don't really hear much about them so it's not treated as much of an issue. It would be equally wrong for anyone to deny service/discriminate due to religious beliefs.

Last edited:
See, that's the move though. According to many, there is no such thing as religious discrimination in some realms, especially if the discriminated religion is Muslim/Islam. Christians or "church folk" are extremely judgmental and discriminatory, as well as those in the Jewish community

[thread="509493"]Well the baker said he would gladly supply the couple with any baked goods they wanted, he just didn't want to make the cake for the wedding.[/thread]
[thread="509493"] [/thread]
I suppose a taxi driver could say i'll take you anywhere you want...except the destination you want to go?

lol

logical fallacy

Exactly, they could say, "Ok, then I'll gladly pay you for the baked goods, just not the amount that you want."

The most judgmental people I have ever encountered in my life were Christian

They hide behind the Bible, and treat it as if God himself wrote it.

Society would have progressed much further if we didn't have so many overly religious loonies like Ted Cruz. :smh:
Those type of people should never be allowed hold a position of power.

Last edited:
I suppose a taxi driver could say i'll take you anywhere you want...except the destination you want to go?

lol

logical fallacy

So you're cool with the government FORCING you to sell a cake you don't want to?

So you're cool with the government FORCING you to sell a cake you don't want to?
Are you not cool with the government forcing you to not discriminate against other people?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom