***Official Political Discussion Thread***

even if trans people wig you out, I still don't get the trans panic all of a sudden.

like are you inspecting the meat of everyone in the locker room? do you meat peep dudes in the urinal next to you?

who cares what parts they have when you aren't even looking at them?

I've never been asked what gender I am before I use the restroom. Never seen it done to anyone else either. Much ado about nothing?

I'm not thinking in regards to the trans people, I'm thinkin in regards to the people who will try and exploit the law. Some perv could say "I identify as a woman" just to walk into the women's restroom. Now, if you get the surgeries, hormones, etc. then that shows that you're actually dedicated to it and it's not a phase or a sham to get your perv on.
That is not what the Carolina bill says.

The city if Charlotte passed an ordinance what would have expanded anti discrimination policies of the state to transgender people, allowing them to use the bathroom in line with their gender identification

Carolina states officials couldn't just nullify the law by itself for it passed a law saying cities can't expand on the state level anti discrimination laws at all, which btw includes minimum wage.
This sounds about right. Pass a bill that on its surface disenfranchises Trans People but its real goal is to hinder ALL working poor people. Brilliant

Come to think of it....I've used the handicap stall on numerous occasions. For the space and cleanliness. Wheelchair dudes will give you the side eye when you casually walk out the stall though :lol:

I've never been asked what gender I am before I use the restroom. Never seen it done to anyone else either. Much ado about nothing?

well I mean presumably you aren't trans.

But lets say you were trans, and you weren't 100% passable, this law allows people to call the cops on you if you use the bathroom... i saw a news story about that recently

trans women checks into hotel, goes to bathroom, hotel folks call the cops, she gets arrested.

what a waste of time.

Lets take a step back though... Eff this cake business..da Carolina bill makes it clear da bathroom you use has to correspond with your birth certificate.

And what em i missing here?

My opnion, you use the bathroom based off of the genitalia you have. I don't care if you identify as a woman, dress like one, etc, if you can still pee standing up, you go to the men;s room.

Birth certificate is a little discriminatory because even if you go through w/ the whole thing, operations, dressing, name change, etc. and you're 99% completed (can never be 100% for obvious reasons) then you are still hindering that person.

Im sorry but if you're born a man, thats what you are.

How is actually going to da bathroom take a BACKSEAT to a sign outside that tells u to go to da room that corresponds with your biological sex? :lol:

When you boil down da issue its en entitlement thing.

Whats next, a MJ type cat in a dress dominating da WNBA and u cant tell him otherwise? :smh: :lol:

Im sorry but if you're born a man, thats what you are.

How is actually going to da bathroom take a BACKSEAT to a sign outside that tells u to go to da room that corresponds with your biological sex? :lol:

When you boil down da issue its en entitlement thing.

Whats next, a MJ type cat in a dress dominating da WNBA and u cant tell him otherwise? :smh: :lol:

its pretty simple

the medical consensus is sex and gender are two different things.

you can be born with a sex (parts) but a different gender. ie trans.

bathrooms are based on geneder not sex. so therefore trans people use the bathrooms that corespond with gender.

seems reasonble to me, what I can't understand is why people care if they use bathroom based on their gender. how does it effect you?

people need to find other stuff to worry about.

Last edited:
Like how does it make sense for Caitlyn Jenner to use male bathroom?

that would be bizarre.

Bruce jenner still got a [emoji]127814[/emoji] thats y

And bruce jenner is as tall as allen iverson 6'2

u seen his hands? ..send that dude to da boys room :lol:

Like how does it make sense for Caitlyn Jenner to use male bathroom?

that would be bizarre.

If we are going by physical stature, does that mean a fragile skinny fat dude like you can gotta use the women's bathroom?

bathrooms are based on gender not sex.

there are women who are over 6'2, but they obviously still use the womens bathroom.

against not sure how it effects you.

My opnion, you use the bathroom based off of the genitalia you have. I don't care if you identify as a woman, dress like one, etc, if you can still pee standing up, you go to the men;s room.

Birth certificate is a little discriminatory because even if you go through w/ the whole thing, operations, dressing, name change, etc. and you're 99% completed (can never be 100% for obvious reasons) then you are still hindering that person.

why?

what do think will happen if trans people are allowed to use the bathroom that corresponds to their gender identity?

I never understand this bathroom lockeroom stuff, why anyone cares is makes no sense.

whats is this law trying to prevent?

I'm not thinking in regards to the trans people, I'm thinkin in regards to the people who will try and exploit the law. Some perv could say "I identify as a woman" just to walk into the women's restroom. Now, if you get the surgeries, hormones, etc. then that shows that you're actually dedicated to it and it's not a phase or a sham to get your perv on.

:smh: Not you famb

Might be the only way the end this and everybody wins bro. It's actually a lot more dynamic than it may seem, but people are making it 2-dimensional.

This slope has proven to be more slippery than we could have imagined.

For the people concerned about trans people possibly raping them and all their children in bathrooms, what about gay people? Wouldn't a men's bathroom be like all all-you-can-rape bufft for a gay guy? Should we make homosexual males use the female bathroom?

Gay rights had to disown NAMBLA as part of da road of quasi mainstream acceptance... You really wanna go down that path? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Might be the only way the end this and everybody wins bro. It's actually a lot more dynamic than it may seem, but people are making it 2-dimensional.

its not slippery, its the opposite of slippery :lol:

we have laws against harassing people, so why do we need trans specific laws?

Last edited:

why?

what do think will happen if trans people are allowed to use the bathroom that corresponds to their gender identity?

I never understand this bathroom lockeroom stuff, why anyone cares is makes no sense.

No it really doesn't

These faux compromises is how people get continually get discriminated on. Look at voter ID laws, look at how hard civil rights lawsuits are hard to bring

If have to first prove there will to be a serious "perv" problem, to expect people to consider it when legislating.

Last edited:

why?

No it really doesn't

These faux compromises is how people get continually get discriminated on. Look at voter ID laws, look at how hard civil rights lawsuits are hard to bring

If have to first prove there will to be a serious "perv" problem, to expect people to consider it when legislating.

I myself see it as difficult because there are already groups arguing for a special bathroom specifically for trans,unless I read wrong. Now, if they don't compromise w/ them for that, then is it still considered discriminatory?

its not slippery, its the opposite of slippery :lol:

we have laws against harassing people, so why do we need trans specific laws?

We do, and they are enforced, just not for certain people, trans being of that group unfortunately.

Regardless, people will hide behind certain laws to continue these discriminatory practices.

I myself see it as difficult because there are already groups arguing for a special bathroom specifically for trans,unless I read wrong. Now, if they don't compromise w/ them for that, then is it still considered discriminatory?
We do, and they are enforced, just not for certain people, trans being of that group unfortunately.

Regardless, people will hide behind certain laws to continue these discriminatory practices.

wut? :lol:

what do you mean they aren't enforced?

if a trans person goes into a bathroom and starts harrasing people what do you think happens? they get a ribbon?

last I checked harrasment doesn't have a get of jail free card if your trans.

Last edited:

wut? :lol:

what do you mean they aren't enforced?

if a trans person goes into a bathroom and starts harrasing people what do you think happens? they get a ribbon?

I'm talking about the trans person being harassed :lol:

There are no bathrooms specifically for trans. The bathrooms just aren't gender specific. I helped open a store last week in CA with an all gender bathroom. Its three private/stall bathrooms and each have a toilet. One says women. One says men and has a stall. The third is unlabeled. Everyone shares a wall of sinks and mirrors. Honestly, it is a little awkward in the beginning because you don't expect to see the opposite sex when leaving a stall or bathroom but you get over it. Unless, of course, you're a creep.

I'm talking about the trans person being harassed :lol:

my bad, I guess im just not understanding your point.

I'm saying that the laws to enforce harassment seem to be disregarded at times when the victim is a transgender person, and that whatever laws are passed or not passed will determine how they can become or not become protected.

Essentially, I'm for whatever can protect a person based off of their personal decisions, not shield them from any bigotry, discrimination, etc. but to protect them and allow them to live their lives w/o fear of harm in any way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom